Skin Care Talk banner

39721 - 39730 of 39730 Posts

·
Administrator
33,638 Posts
@gymrat Hey what do you think about weekly 80% lactic acid peels (body only) if you've worked up to 60-70%? My stubborn hyperpigmentation is taking its time.
I think its foolish, just like I explained to this member.........https://www.skincaretalk.com/threads/how-to-speed-up-feet-peeling.87111/#post-1681175

Acids are not made to work like that. In order to achieve proper results it takes time, patience and knowledge to do enough research to do use them correctly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think its foolish, just like I explained to this member.........https://www.skincaretalk.com/threads/how-to-speed-up-feet-peeling.87111/#post-1681175

Acids are not made to work like that. In order to achieve proper results it takes time, patience and knowledge to do enough research to do use them correctly.
What pecentages do you like for the body hyperpigmentation? I've already started my LA peels again for almost 3 months now, so I thought 80% on the body would be ok

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone please recommend a good natural lightening face cream? I have acne prone skin, my face is so oily that I get scared and ask myself what is going on

·
Administrator
33,638 Posts
What pecentages do you like for the body hyperpigmentation? I've already started my LA peels again for almost 3 months now, so I thought 80% on the body would be ok
If your not seeing noticeable results and your using a decent % I would look at the LA your using. If your LA isn't from a reliable company then I wouldn't trust using it. I've use 40% LA and had noticeable results after a series of 5 peels. I've never had a need to go higher then that.

You can jump to 55% or 65% but I would never go past that. Going that high would be for experienced peelers only!! Its not necessary with good quality lactic acid.

·
Administrator
33,638 Posts
@gymrat yeah I saw it but I just want to know how you got that number. I basically want to know the formula, so if I want to make a smaller quantity in the future I know what to do :)
It just doing the math, using % from both. Take the % you have, the % you want and the amount of base being used.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If your not seeing noticeable results and your using a decent % I would look at the LA your using. If your LA isn't from a reliable company then I wouldn't trust using it. I've use 40% LA and had noticeable results after a series of 5 peels. I've never had a need to go higher then that.

You can jump to 55% or 65% but I would never go past that. Going that high would be for experienced peelers only!! Its not necessary with good quality lactic acid.
I'm getting results but I've been doing LA peels on and off for two years and I don't use any other lightening creams at the moment on the areas I'm talking about. I used 70% yesterday and the results were very noticeable so I will continue with that for now. Of course, I would personally use more than 60% on my face.

What do you think about buying a 90% lactic acid solution from a reputable company and diluting it to 60-70%?

·
Administrator
33,638 Posts
I'm getting results but I've been doing LA peels on and off for two years and I don't use any other lightening creams at the moment on the areas I'm talking about. I used 70% yesterday and the results were very noticeable so I will continue with that for now. Of course, I would personally use more than 60% on my face.

What do you think about buying a 90% lactic acid solution from a reputable company and diluting it to 60-70%?
Purchasing from a reputable company I am all for, as for upping the % is totally a personal preference. I personally wouldn't use anything higher then 40%. If you want too, that is totally up to you, you know your skin better then anyone else.

I have used various peels, so if I can't achieve results from a safe concentration of LA, I would move onto something else. But again, that is just me. Over the years, I have researched and learned all I can about various acids. So if your not getting where you want with lactic acid, from a reputable company, where you know its legit, then maybe in the fall/winter start researching other peels, etc.

39721 - 39730 of 39730 Posts