Skin Care Talk banner

39781 - 39800 of 39804 Posts

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
@gymrat thank you.. have you seen this video about la Roche posay
Thanks for sharing @shawtykid20 if you know what your looking for, its always good to read the ingredient listing. Unfortunately alcohol is in so many products, most wouldn't realize the harm it causes your skin, long term.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Perhaps you haven't exfoliated enough before using the soap? A lot of people on here recommend using LA peels for 2-3 months before introducing lighteners for this reason.
Maybe, I was exfoliating for two months with some Vit C serum from target. Honestly I only bought the soap to speed up fading my acne scars. But maybe I need a new option, my face looks really uneven and the spots are still there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep, you did awesome my friend @glamchick (y) that's what you need. So proud of you for taking a leap of faith.
Thanks so much, Gyms. You're the best
I'm seeing so much difference in my skin already. All it needed was patience and consistency! My SS too made a world of difference especially when @lightboy's suggestion to moisture well prior to using my neutrogena sheer zinc, no more Casper face for me. I'm so grateful.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh @gymrat is Aztec okay for dry skin? I'm worried it doesn't have the adverse effect of drying me out further. Perhaps I should add honey to my Aztec/acv mix? I have dry skin and the hormonal acne that literally comes a week before my period and stays two weeks after it

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
Thanks so much, Gyms. You're the best
I'm seeing so much difference in my skin already. All it needed was patience and consistency! My SS too made a world of difference especially when @lightboy's suggestion to moisture well prior to using my neutrogena sheer zinc, no more Casper face for me. I'm so grateful.
This makes my heart happy! And the more consistent you are the better things will get.
Keep it up! 💕

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
Oh @gymrat is Aztec okay for dry skin? I'm worried it doesn't have the adverse effect of drying me out further. Perhaps I should add honey to my Aztec/acv mix? I have dry skin and the hormonal acne that literally comes a week before my period and stays two weeks after it
Yes its ok for dry skin, just mix it with water and skip the ACV.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@gymrat, how are you doing? Hope this meets you well? Please can you recommend any
1) Lightening cream (with or without HQ)
2) lightening serums
3) Lightening tubes(with or without HQ)
4) natural ingredients to mix with my cream (e.g kojic etc)
5) lightening soap......or any mix anyone has experimented on recently that works. It would really be great.

....and please what is the recommended procedure for glycolic peels

Sorry for the long post please. Thank you.

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
Okay I understand. Should I save the ACV toner for acne days? Because I'm drying out. Will LA toner be okay for me daily use
Did you mix equal parts of ACV with distilled water? If so, dilute it a bit by adding just a bit more distilled. The ACV will work perfect for your skin. You won't need an LA toner. Its over kill at this point. ACV will for sure dry your acne up. Have you always had dry skin or is this new? And what are you using as a moisturizer??

·
Registered
417 Posts
My Nigerian People,Has anyone used this Molato soap that is the skin rave of the moment???
Your reviews are much needed

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did you mix equal parts of ACV with distilled water? If so, dilute it a bit by adding just a bit more distilled. The ACV will work perfect for your skin. You won't need an LA toner. Its over kill at this point. ACV will for sure dry your acne up. Have you always had dry skin or is this new? And what are you using as a moisturizer??
I'm sorry for the late reply @gymrat! My sis' wedding planning is taking a lot of my time.
I did mix equal parts of the ACV and distilled water. Which my sister has now taken how her acne. I have some LA and distilled water which I wanted to use before I can get my hands on another ACV, wasn't planning to use both at the same time lol.
I've always had dry skin. I moisture with Shea oil because it's lightweight or Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

39781 - 39800 of 39804 Posts