Skin Care Talk banner

39861 - 39880 of 39884 Posts

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
How does your dodo lotion look and what's your current shade?

When I used dodo on my fingers it staid light over 5 months. Just used maxiwhite serum and piment doux serum.
I'm the shade of my profile pic.I use a version my friend gets for me from Nigeria. I don't use the picos version... if that's what it's called. lol
Is dodo still safe to use?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm the shade of my profile pic.I use a version my friend gets for me from Nigeria. I don't use the picos version... if that's what it's called. lol
Amazing sis please send me some. I used the dodo version only once a week now. In between I just exfoliate and use moisturizing creams.

According to other members once you reach your goal just use it twice in the week or replace it with a more natural product.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Amazing sis please send me some. I used the dodo version only once a week now. In between I just exfoliate and use moisturizing creams.

According to other members once you reach your goal just use it twice in the week or replace it with a more natural product.
Yeah, that's the one, hun!
My regimen is so lazy lol.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, that's the one, hun!
My regimen is so lazy lol.

Really want the lotion attached image. There's different covers

This forum is not as active as before. Lol a lot of older members were succeeding.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hi everyone! It's Fluffington aka Fluffy. I haven't been on here in years and want to ask for help on natural lighteners.
What's the latest in this department?
Many thanks in advance.
@Fluffington WHAT??? Fluff is that you??? OMgoodness..........where have you been hiding? So happy to see your post 💖 I was just popping in to reply to Chinys post and barely saw yours........you have been missed!! XOXO

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
@gymrat Thank u gymmie
Gymmie pls wat would u advice me to use on my dark nd somewhat wrinkled undereye circles?
What do u think of The Ordinary caffeine serum, Cerave undereye cream, Simple kind to eyes soothing eye cream or Gojiberry undereye cream.
I am doing great. Hope u are too😘
@chiny what are you using to exfoliate? That is where I would start, then be sure you are moisturizing. Use a simple facial oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, argan oil, apply this when your skin is damp so it penetrates easier. I have used the Ordinary caffeine serum, its just ok. Its kinda runny to be honest.
You would have better luck exfoliating using peels, etc, and then being sure you are moisturizing the area well. Lacking iron can also contribute to dark circles, you can always take iron supplements if you don't get enough iron in your diet. Also, Chiny be sure you are drinking plenty of water, staying hydrated helps more then you realize.

·
Registered
712 Posts
@chiny what are you using to exfoliate? That is where I would start, then be sure you are moisturizing. Use a simple facial oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, argan oil, apply this when your skin is damp so it penetrates easier. I have used the Ordinary caffeine serum, its just ok. Its kinda runny to be honest.
You would have better luck exfoliating using peels, etc, and then being sure you are moisturizing the area well. Lacking iron can also contribute to dark circles, you can always take iron supplements if you don't get enough iron in your diet. Also, Chiny be sure you are drinking plenty of water, staying hydrated helps more then you realize.
@gymrat Thank u so much for responding gymmie 😘
I exfoliate with a konjac facial sponge and i use a honey soap as my facial soap.
I’ll start using an oil on my damp face asap.
So are u saying The Ordinary caffeine serum isn’t a good idea to eliminate the dark undereye??
I try to drink enough water each day.

—What do u think of a vitaminC supplement that’s also iron based aswell OR should i get a proper Iron supplement on its own??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I’ve been lurking this forum but then decided to ask questions. I’ve tried Kojic Acid soaps for 2 years, and different lotions and creams but they didn’t work. Im Olive Skin Toned and I prefer having a Light Yellow skin tone.

This is my skin color (medium south East Asian skin taken with dark lightning)

This is my goal (East Asian Skin Tone)

is it possible to attain it within 4-5 months with this routine? If the regimen is too strong could you give me suggestions of other good lightening products?

No Hydroquinone or steroids
Body:
Soap: Likas Papaya Soap (morning)
Soap 2: Kojie San Soap (evening)
Moisturizing Soap: Goat Milk Soap
Peels: SHC Yellow Peel
Lotion: AmLactin Lotion w/ septiwhite powder & (any lotion you could suggest?)
Oil: any suggestions?
Serum: Any suggestions?
Scrub: any detox scrub?

Oral intake:
-Tranexamic Acid Pills
-NAC
-Mermaid Whitening Herbal Pills

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
@gymrat Thank u so much for responding gymmie 😘
I exfoliate with a konjac facial sponge and i use a honey soap as my facial soap.
I’ll start using an oil on my damp face asap.
So are u saying The Ordinary caffeine serum isn’t a good idea to eliminate the dark undereye??
I try to drink enough water each day.

—What do u think of a vitaminC supplement that’s also iron based aswell OR should i get a proper Iron supplement on its own??
@chiny I would try iron supplements first before The Ordinary caffeine serum. It could be an easy fix for you. This is what I take, you don't have to get the same kind, but something similar. Look for Ferrochel Iron, I take one a day, faithfully. It will help you with bruising as well. And the more water the better, it will help your skin a ton Chiny. Think of a car without gas, it can't run, your skin is no different. You have to stay hydrated in order to have healthy skin 💖

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi everyone! It's Fluffington aka Fluffy. I haven't been on here in years and want to ask for help on natural lighteners.
What's the latest in this department?
Many thanks in advance.
oh my goodness! fluff?!

How have you been love?
where's @moonmaiden?
I miss you two, the good old days of SCT

·
Registered
712 Posts
@chiny I would try iron supplements first before The Ordinary caffeine serum. It could be an easy fix for you. This is what I take, you don't have to get the same kind, but something similar. Look for Ferrochel Iron, I take one a day, faithfully. It will help you with bruising as well. And the more water the better, it will help your skin a ton Chiny. Think of a car without gas, it can't run, your skin is no different. You have to stay hydrated in order to have healthy skin 💖
@gymrat Would any other type of Iron supplement get the job done?
Don’t know if I’ll get something like your type in Nigeria
I am also dealing with having tear trough.... makes me look older than my age. I just hope iron supplement and making sure to drink enough water helps them look better.
Gymmie do u think it’s a good idea to use my The Ordinary aha 30% + bha 2% peeling solution as an exfoliating peel for underneath my eyes??
Thank you 😘

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
@gymrat Would any other type of Iron supplement get the job done?
Don’t know if I’ll get something like your type in Nigeria
I am also dealing with having tear trough.... makes me look older than my age. I just hope iron supplement and making sure to drink enough water helps them look better.
Gymmie do u think it’s a good idea to use my The Ordinary aha 30% + bha 2% peeling solution as an exfoliating peel for underneath my eyes??
Thank you 😘
@chiny what brands of supplements do you usually find locally? Tell me a few brand names and I will help you find something. Yes, use the Ordinary AHA/BHA, use it all over your face. Your eye area is a sensitive area so you will have to be sure your moisturizing it as well. Also, anytime you are outside, be sure you are wearing sunglasses!! You don't want to work hard to fix something and then it becomes worse because you exposed it to sunlight.

They sell The Ordinary products in Nigeria? That's awesome! Now lets get them to boost up the supplement selection ;) and your very welcome, glad to help you.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hello! I’ve been lurking this forum but then decided to ask questions. I’ve tried Kojic Acid soaps for 2 years, and different lotions and creams but they didn’t work. Im Olive Skin Toned and I prefer having a Light Yellow skin tone.

This is my skin color (medium south East Asian skin taken with dark lightning)
View attachment 66524

This is my goal (East Asian Skin Tone)
View attachment 66525

is it possible to attain it within 4-5 months with this routine? If the regimen is too strong could you give me suggestions of other good lightening products?

No Hydroquinone or steroids
Body:
Soap: Likas Papaya Soap (morning)
Soap 2: Kojie San Soap (evening)
Moisturizing Soap: Goat Milk Soap
Peels: SHC Yellow Peel
Lotion: AmLactin Lotion w/ septiwhite powder & (any lotion you could suggest?)
Oil: any suggestions?
Serum: Any suggestions?
Scrub: any detox scrub?

Oral intake:
-Tranexamic Acid Pills
-NAC
-Mermaid Whitening Herbal Pills
@gymrat do you have an advice or any recommendations regarding my regimen? :)
Well......using 3 different soaps is a little over kill. Reason being, you won't know which one if any are working. Choose one, use it for a few weeks or more, find out if you like what its doing/or not doing for you. Amlactin is a great choice for exfoliating, as is incorporating LA peels. They are easy and safe to use once a week. I have never used YPO, so I can't help you there, but there is a great thread here regarding step by step instructions. If you haven't read it yet, you should. I will post the link, if you need it.

As for an oil, jojoba oil, is a great choice. Just be sure any oil you use is 100% pure, not mixed with anything else. Jojoba oil, applied on damp skin is perfect. You want to keep your routine simple and narrow down to a few products, until you find out what will work for you. Too many at once is a waste. Also........forget taking the Mermaid pills, there isn't a thing in there that will help you with lightening. That's 100% a gimmick, don't fall for it. Hope this helps a little, and welcome to SCT :)

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Omg It is a REUNION, I'm so happy to see familiar Sct friends haha..:p

Reactions: jcole and gymrat

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Well......using 3 different soaps is a little over kill. Reason being, you won't know which one if any are working. Choose one, use it for a few weeks or more, find out if you like what its doing/or not doing for you. Amlactin is a great choice for exfoliating, as is incorporating LA peels. They are easy and safe to use once a week. I have never used YPO, so I can't help you there, but there is a great thread here regarding step by step instructions. If you haven't read it yet, you should. I will post the link, if you need it.

As for an oil, jojoba oil, is a great choice. Just be sure any oil you use is 100% pure, not mixed with anything else. Jojoba oil, applied on damp skin is perfect. You want to keep your routine simple and narrow down to a few products, until you find out what will work for you. Too many at once is a waste. Also........forget taking the Mermaid pills, there isn't a thing in there that will help you with lightening. That's 100% a gimmick, don't fall for it. Hope this helps a little, and welcome to SCT :)
I'm guilty of buying those mermaid pills, I thought the herbs were natural for the skin benefits but reviews say they are a scam and gymmie you knew about it too

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I'm guilty of buying those mermaid pills, I thought the herbs were natural for the skin benefits but reviews say they are a scam and gymmie you knew about it too
Great to see you @DOODOOBROWN 💕 I had never heard of these Mermaid pills before this post. One look at the ingredient listing and I knew it wasn't worth a dime. DooDoo .......don't fall for these people out there looking to line their own pocket books. Research research research, is the best advice I can give you my friend!

·
Registered
712 Posts
@chiny what brands of supplements do you usually find locally? Tell me a few brand names and I will help you find something. Yes, use the Ordinary AHA/BHA, use it all over your face. Your eye area is a sensitive area so you will have to be sure your moisturizing it as well. Also, anytime you are outside, be sure you are wearing sunglasses!! You don't want to work hard to fix something and then it becomes worse because you exposed it to sunlight.

They sell The Ordinary products in Nigeria? That's awesome! Now lets get them to boost up the supplement selection ;) and your very welcome, glad to help you.
@gymrat We have.....
—Nature made iron 65mg equivalent to 325mg ferrous sulphate.
—Puritans pride ferrous sulphate 28mg Iron.
—Quantum nutrition labs iron support vegetarian capsules.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
@gymrat We have.....
—Nature made iron 65mg equivalent to 325mg ferrous sulphate.
—Puritans pride ferrous sulphate 28mg Iron.
—Quantum nutrition labs iron support vegetarian capsules.
@chiny go with the Nature Made, take it faithfully (y) after you finish one bottle come back and let me know how your doing 🙏

39861 - 39880 of 39884 Posts