Skin Care Talk banner
40161 - 40180 of 40186 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hello my friend!! Yes absolutely you can take Vit C and Vit E along with your omega on top of taking your multivitamin. The amount of Vit C and Vit E in your multi is minimal. I take a multi plus take 1,000mgs of Vit C AM and PM and take a triple omega 3,6,9, on top of flaxseed oil. I've taken this for years, it will help you in more ways then I can explain. A good multi is good, but you should always take others and not just depend on your multi alone. Its extremely hard to overdose, what your body doesn't need it will discard through your urine.

I hope you are doing well @chiny I miss you and hope life is treating you well 😘
Hi gymmie, i am doing well. Life has been... life. lol
How have you been yourself? Hope you are doing great😚
Thank you so much for always coming through for me. @gymrat

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi gymmie, so i have Advanced clinicals vitaminC serum, tretinion gel 0.1% AND the Ordinary lactic acid 10%+HA.
—Now, i can’t use the vitaminC serum in the daytime... it’s too hot and sunny in nigeria and i am extremely susceptible to getting sunburn (large dark area on sides of face)
[Pls don’t advice me to use vitaminC serum in the daytime, i just cant]. Lest i forget, the advanced clinicals vitaminC serum contains AHA.

So since i am unable to use the vitaminC serum in the daytime, pls gymmie.. how then can i incorporate the three products the right way nightly??
Can the Ordinary LA 10% be used every single night??
Noticed i now have sort of like large pores close to both sides of my nose + my face seems unusually roughLooking this days. Don’t know why that’s happening to my face.
Am really trying to be consistent with using my tretinion gel every night moving forward... hoping it would make my face i guess youngerLooking or something like that. @gymrat

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
Hi gymmie, so i have Advanced clinicals vitaminC serum, tretinion gel 0.1% AND the Ordinary lactic acid 10%+HA.
—Now, i can’t use the vitaminC serum in the daytime... it’s too hot and sunny in nigeria and i am extremely susceptible to getting sunburn (large dark area on sides of face)
[Pls don’t advice me to use vitaminC serum in the daytime, i just cant]. Lest i forget, the advanced clinicals vitaminC serum contains AHA.

So since i am unable to use the vitaminC serum in the daytime, pls gymmie.. how then can i incorporate the three products the right way nightly??
Can the Ordinary LA 10% be used every single night??
Noticed i now have sort of like large pores close to both sides of my nose + my face seems unusually roughLooking this days. Don’t know why that’s happening to my face.
Am really trying to be consistent with using my tretinion gel every night moving forward... hoping it would make my face i guess youngerLooking or something like that. @gymrat
Hi Chiny my friend 😘 so tell me what product you are using in the AM? Hopefully sunscreen but what other then this are you using??

If you are prone to sunburning, you really shouldn't be using RA, definitely not every night. Its only going to make your skin more susceptible to sunlight meaning your skin will burn that much quicker/easier. THUS is why you really need to be sure your wearing a good SS.

You can use your Vit C serum in the PM, nothing wrong with that. After applying it, wait a few minutes then apply your Ordinary product. Then, alternate nights with your RA, and only use it, do this say Tues and Sundays other nights use your other products. But Chiny what are you using for a moisturizer?? You will need to add that in here as well, especially with the products your using.

As for your pores, can you get mandelic acid? Its great for your pores! And or get a clay mask and use it once a week. I love Aztec Secret Mask. https://aztec-secret.com/

And my guess is your skin is rough because of the sun, RA, etc. Gotta stop the RA especially when its hot and you can't avoid the sun. Otherwise, your just wasting time money and products. It will make your skin like leather and you don't want that. Isn't it really windy there this time of year as well?? Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize that skin Chiny!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi Chiny my friend 😘 so tell me what product you are using in the AM? Hopefully sunscreen but what other then this are you using??

If you are prone to sunburning, you really shouldn't be using RA, definitely not every night. Its only going to make your skin more susceptible to sunlight meaning your skin will burn that much quicker/easier. THUS is why you really need to be sure your wearing a good SS.

You can use your Vit C serum in the PM, nothing wrong with that. After applying it, wait a few minutes then apply your Ordinary product. Then, alternate nights with your RA, and only use it, do this say Tues and Sundays other nights use your other products. But Chiny what are you using for a moisturizer?? You will need to add that in here as well, especially with the products your using.

As for your pores, can you get mandelic acid? Its great for your pores! And or get a clay mask and use it once a week. I love Aztec Secret Mask. https://aztec-secret.com/

And my guess is your skin is rough because of the sun, RA, etc. Gotta stop the RA especially when its hot and you can't avoid the sun. Otherwise, your just wasting time money and products. It will make your skin like leather and you don't want that. Isn't it really windy there this time of year as well?? Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize that skin Chiny!!
Hi gymmie, So in the AM i usually use my good molecules toner, the Ordinary hyaluronic acid serum, simple facial moisturizer and my neutrogena zinc oxide 21.6% sunscreen.
— Gymmie are u saying i should rather use my RA... say twice weekly instead of every night??

— So i can layer my Ordinary LA 10%+HA underneath my vitaminC serum nightly without any issues? Of course asides days I’ll need to use my tretinion gel.

— For night time, i usually moisturize with some moisturizer i got from a store (mixologist)
Pls don’t scold me gymmie🤭... i don’t know what’s in it but it moisturizes my face well thou.
I also use the Ordinary rosehip oil on my face some times as well.
I wish it was windy but unfortunately it’s hella sunny as always. @gymrat

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
Hi gymmie, So in the AM i usually use my good molecules toner, the Ordinary hyaluronic acid serum, simple facial moisturizer and my neutrogena zinc oxide 21.6% sunscreen.
— Gymmie are u saying i should rather use my RA... say twice weekly instead of every night??

— So i can layer my Ordinary LA 10%+HA underneath my vitaminC serum nightly without any issues? Of course asides days I’ll need to use my tretinion gel.

— For night time, i usually moisturize with some moisturizer i got from a store (mixologist)
Pls don’t scold me gymmie🤭... i don’t know what’s in it but it moisturizes my face well thou.
I also use the Ordinary rosehip oil on my face some times as well.
I wish it was windy but unfortunately it’s hella sunny as always. @gymrat
For real @chiny 😳 and you don't know whats in it?? Ok, I won't ask any questions 😚

Use your Vit C serum first, wait a few minutes, then apply your Ordinary LA over it. And yes, try using your RA just a few nights a week. Especially if is sunny and hot, Chiny, when its summer where I am, I don't touch RA. Its not worth the damage it can cause. But you saying your skin is rough, also makes me question what is in the moisturizer you are using from the "mixologist" ...........the Ordinary Rosehip oil is great, use that when your skin is dry, just be careful when in the sun. Layer up on your sunscreen 21.6% zinc is good, I am glad you can get that!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
For real @chiny 😳 and you don't know whats in it?? Ok, I won't ask any questions 😚

Use your Vit C serum first, wait a few minutes, then apply your Ordinary LA over it. And yes, try using your RA just a few nights a week. Especially if is sunny and hot, Chiny, when its summer where I am, I don't touch RA. Its not worth the damage it can cause. But you saying your skin is rough, also makes me question what is in the moisturizer you are using from the "mixologist" ...........the Ordinary Rosehip oil is great, use that when your skin is dry, just be careful when in the sun. Layer up on your sunscreen 21.6% zinc is good, I am glad you can get that!!
@gymrat Thanks for replying gymmie
Gymmie pls kindly recommend good facial moisturizerS that would rejuvenate my face.
I got the mixologist face cream just for the purpose of face lightening and i use it only in the PM.
I guess whatever is in it has been aging my face or something like that.
I guess I’ll have to stop using it ASAP.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Gymmie pls kindly recommend good facial moisturizerS that would rejuvenate my face.
I got the mixologist face cream just for the purpose of face lightening and i use it only in the PM.
Cetaphil face lotion, aloe Vera gel, and the ordinary brand.

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
I was wondering when you said you were using a mixologist product if it wasn't what was causing your skin issues. Shame @chiny girl you have no idea what they are putting in their crap.......stop purchasing from them, you know better!! Are you still using your LA Ordinary and your Rosehip??

Do you have access to CeraVe products? If so, try their renewing night cream. Raisin Face used to be my absolute favorite face cream.....it was the BEST. But the maker of that passed several years ago :( you probably remember hearing me talk about Raisin Face.

Please stop the mixologist cream 😘

·
Registered
74 Posts
@gymrat hello, I need some help please. I just want to know if I can mix tretinoin with a natural brightening lotion like Carotein. The active ingredients are licorice root extract, carrot, and salicylic acid but these ingredients are way down on the list, like 13th and onwards.
If the answer is yes, should I mix 1% tretinoin since the strength will get diluted by the lotion? And is 30g (one tube) of tretinoin enough for 500ml of lotion?

·
Registered
494 Posts
@gymrat hello, I need some help please. I just want to know if I can mix tretinoin with a natural brightening lotion like Carotein. The active ingredients are licorice root extract, carrot, and salicylic acid but these ingredients are way down on the list, like 13th and onwards.
If the answer is yes, should I mix 1% tretinoin since the strength will get diluted by the lotion? And is 30g (one tube) of tretinoin enough for 500ml of lotion?
Patch test first. Because salicylic is a exfoliator as well.

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
Hey there @Lunabrown no don't mix RA with anything, apply it as is. Mixing it dilutes it and it won't work like its supposed too. Apply RA just as it is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
@pengcaramelglo @gymrat Alright I won’t mix RA into anything. So for the face could I use RA then wait 30mins, and apply Sure White serum (this doesn’t contain salicylic acid)? I also noticed that Mitchell brand tube creams contain alpha Arbutin and vitamin C, but would these ingredients work well layered with RA?

·
Registered
494 Posts
@pengcaramelglo @gymrat Alright I won’t mix RA into anything. So for the face could I use RA then wait 30mins, and apply Sure White serum (this doesn’t contain salicylic acid)? I also noticed that Mitchell brand tube creams contain alpha Arbutin and vitamin C, but would these ingredients work well layered with RA?
Patch test. Some people have mixed before.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think if ur usin natural lightener u will appear abit darker inside.. and outside u might look hella pale.. and with hq u might have a stronger yellow color nd inside as well as outside u might appear light.. well this is how i see it..
I have the exact same issue in near a window I’m like A NC10 but indoors NC 20 what is the reason?

40161 - 40180 of 40186 Posts