Skin Care Talk banner
40201 - 40220 of 40260 Posts

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Hi gymmie, hope you are doing great.
So yes i still use the Ordinary LA &HA serum and sometimes the roseHip oil.
I’ll get that cerave faceCream ASAP.
Gymmie can i still use another lightening faceCream substituting with the cerave faceCream??
I already stopped the mixologist face cream. @gymrat
Lastly gymmie, i don’t know if we’ve talked abt this privately before... Does Iron supplement help with hair breakage?
Noticed my hair doesn’t grow and it breaks a lot too PLUS i have dark underEye circles and on my eyelid too.
Pls what do i do.
@chiny use Biotin for your hair.......this is the brand I use, it's a liquid, you will see great improvement!! Check around or a better price. I get mine from Amazon, but this is the brand. https://fitnesskeep.com/products/ex...tm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping

You can also take Silica complex along with the Biotin. I take the NOW brand. Here is what it looks like.

If you use these 2 supplements you will see a big difference.

For your eyes, take Vitamin K or use a cream with Vitamin K. Hope this helps, sending lots of love your way! Say hello to my girls there 😘

·
Registered
781 Posts
@chiny use Biotin for your hair.......this is the brand I use, it's a liquid, you will see great improvement!! Check around or a better price. I get mine from Amazon, but this is the brand. https://fitnesskeep.com/products/extra-strength-10000mcg-biotin-liquid-drops-60-servings-vegan-friendly-supports-healthy-hair-growth-strong-nails-and-glowing-skin-3x-more-absorption-than-capsules-or-pills?currency=USD&variant=37490384044210&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping

You can also take Silica complex along with the Biotin. I take the NOW brand. Here is what it looks like.

If you use these 2 supplements you will see a big difference.

For your eyes, take Vitamin K or use a cream with Vitamin K. Hope this helps, sending lots of love your way! Say hello to my girls there 😘
Thank you gymmie @gymrat

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi gymmie, is doing lactic peels more effective than using a lactic acid lotion??
I was thinking 12% LA lotion maybe???
My body is lightening unevenly (some parts darker, other parts lighter).
So i thought to incorporate some LA into my lightening skincare journey maybe that would fix the situation.
What do you think @gymrat
Pls i don’t mind other suggestions from other people too. Thanks

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Hi gymmie, is doing lactic peels more effective than using a lactic acid lotion??
I was thinking 12% LA lotion maybe???
My body is lightening unevenly (some parts darker, other parts lighter).
So i thought to incorporate some LA into my lightening skincare journey maybe that would fix the situation.
What do you think @gymrat
Pls i don’t mind other suggestions from other people too. Thanks
Use them both @chiny. What % of LA peel are you currently using?? I'd use 40% if you have it.
You are fine to apply your LA peel once a week.
Then follow up using your LA lotion every day after your peel.
Be consistent with the LA peel for at least 8 weeks in a row!! Apply it on every Sunday or whatever day works best for you, but be consistent. Come back and let me know how its working for you. You can use GA the same way!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello everybody ! Do you have some lightening/whitening black soap from ghana or nigeria that i can find in the market to advice me ? Or how can I customize my Debbitone soap to make it lightening please?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi gymmie, hope you are doing great :)
I have a question, so i use tretinion gel 0.1% and i notice it peels my face. I know it’s cos of it’s strength.
—Please how would u suggest i use it moving forward to avoid face peeling?
I really want to get it’s antiAging benefits from daily usage.
—After i use this one up, can i buy a lower or even the lowest strength so as to avoid face peeling?
—Also pls what other ways can i use the gel?
I already use it occasionally on my stretchMarks.
Thanks gymmie🙏 @gymrat

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a question, so i use tretinion gel 0.1% and i notice it peels my face. I know it’s cos of it’s strength.
—After i use this one up, can i buy a lower or even the lowest strength so as to avoid face peeling?
Thanks gymmie🙏 @gymrat
how often do you use retin a 0.1%?

Maybe you should use retin a once or twice a week. Also moisturise after 10mins applying retin a.

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Thanks gymmie🙏 @gymrat
Happy New Year @chiny

Are you using it every night or alternating? .1% is the strongest. You could buffer it with just a dot of a light moisturizer but that will decrease the strength. RA Micro is available in four strengths: 0.1%, 0.08%, 0.06% and 0.04%. That is what I use, not sure which one you are using. Micro is less abrasive then regular RA. and the cream version is only for those with oily skin. I know you said you are using gel, is it the Micro version?

You can use it on the back of your hands, neck, etc. Just be careful on the neck if you are peeling when you apply it to your face. To avoid the peeling I would apply it every other night. You will still reap the benefits using it every other night. On off nights just use a good moisturizer. You don't want your skin getting irritated because it will if you over use RA too much. Glad you are liking it so far (y)

Hope you are doing well, great hearing from you 😘

·
Registered
781 Posts
Happy New Year @chiny

Are you using it every night or alternating? .1% is the strongest. You could buffer it with just a dot of a light moisturizer but that will decrease the strength. RA Micro is available in four strengths: 0.1%, 0.08%, 0.06% and 0.04%. That is what I use, not sure which one you are using. Micro is less abrasive then regular RA. and the cream version is only for those with oily skin. I know you said you are using gel, is it the Micro version?

You can use it on the back of your hands, neck, etc. Just be careful on the neck if you are peeling when you apply it to your face. To avoid the peeling I would apply it every other night. You will still reap the benefits using it every other night. On off nights just use a good moisturizer. You don't want your skin getting irritated because it will if you over use RA too much. Glad you are liking it so far (y)

Hope you are doing well, great hearing from you 😘
I use it like 2-3 times nightly in a week
No, it’s not the micro version...it’s the actual tretinion gel.
I’ll look for the RA micro. What percentage of the RA micro would you recommend i use?
Pls what moisturizer could you recommend that’s okay to be used morning and in the night? Something extremely hydrating.
@gymrat.
What do you think abt using the adapalene gel as an alternative to retinA gels?
Thank you 🙏
Liquid Fluid Font Audio equipment Gas

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
I use it like 2-3 times nightly in a week
No, it’s not the micro version...it’s the actual tretinion gel.
I’ll look for the RA micro. What percentage of the RA micro would you recommend i use?
Pls what moisturizer could you recommend that’s okay to be used morning and in the night? Something extremely hydrating.
@gymrat.
What do you think abt using the adapalene gel as an alternative to retinA gels?
Thank you 🙏
Look for .04% either in gel or micro. And no to the Differin it won't give you the results RA will. Differin is fine for those who have acne.

Honestly, I would use an oil as your moisturizer. Almond oil, jojoba oil, just be sure they are pure oils and not mixed with anything else. You have to read the labels! Are you using Vit C serum if so, stay away from it when your skin is peeling it will irritate it even more.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Look for .04% either in gel or micro. And no to the Differin it won't give you the results RA will. Differin is fine for those who have acne.

Honestly, I would use an oil as your moisturizer. Almond oil, jojoba oil, just be sure they are pure oils and not mixed with anything else. You have to read the labels! Are you using Vit C serum if so, stay away from it when your skin is peeling it will irritate it even more.
I bought differin because of the hype. Differin Is strong. I peeled like I’m using retin a 0.1%

downside to Differin gave me blind pimples☹

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
I bought differin because of the hype. Differin Is strong. I peeled like I’m using retin a 0.1%

downside to Differin gave me blind pimples☹
RA is prescription strength, Differin is over the counter. Differin could work for some, but you will get better results from a prescription strength product then you will from something sold over the counter. Glad Differin works for you, its much weaker then RA, plus its easily available, whereas RA takes a prescription from your Dr. Stick with what works for you (y)

40201 - 40220 of 40260 Posts