Skin Care Talk banner
40221 - 40240 of 40258 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Look for .04% either in gel or micro. And no to the Differin it won't give you the results RA will. Differin is fine for those who have acne.

Honestly, I would use an oil as your moisturizer. Almond oil, jojoba oil, just be sure they are pure oils and not mixed with anything else. You have to read the labels! Are you using Vit C serum if so, stay away from it when your skin is peeling it will irritate it even more.
Thank you so much gymmie😘

·
Registered
193 Posts
RA is prescription strength, Differin is over the counter. Differin could work for some, but you will get better results from a prescription strength product then you will from something sold over the counter. Glad Differin works for you, its much weaker then RA, plus its easily available, whereas RA takes a prescription from your Dr. Stick with what works for you (y)
I prefer retin a 0.1 or 0.25 ( I don’t mind the %) than differin.

retin a will always be #1;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hello everybody ! Do you have some lightening/whitening black soap from ghana or nigeria that i can find in the market to advice me ? Or how can I customize my Debbitone soap to make it lightening please?
Dudu Osun black soap works very well for lightening. I was using it only on my face (twice daily) but I had to pause cos it was making my face some shades lighter than my body. Do well to moisturise well as it can be drying too

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Dudu Osun black soap works very well for lightening. I was using it only on my face (twice daily) but I had to pause cos it was making my face some shades lighter than my body. Do well to moisturise well as it can be drying too
EmmaGH long time no see, hope you are doing well 👋

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
@gymrat hellooo greetings to you!! Im ready to order a good vit c serum.. ive lost few of our chats.. can u recommend me one of ur favourite vit c serum againe pls?
Hey there @mccartney awwh no worries. If I didn't make my own I would use Cosmetic Skin Solutions, not sure if you have ever checked them out. I will link it for you. This is their site, but google it because you can get it from other places as well, find the best price. Hope you are doing well, I bet you are ready for warmer weather about now ;)

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I done a 15% TCA peel on Sunday, 2 layers 5 minutes apart and I experienced a little bit of frosting.

Today is day 4 and my skin feels a little bit tight, looks dry and a bit crinkled and there are a few dark parches. I'm seeing a tiny amount of micro peeling around my mouth which I'm gutted about. The way my face was burning during the process I expected to peel in sheets. Is there anything I can do to accelerate the peeling. I wash my face 2x a day and use cer ve, what am I doing wrong??

Should I use olive oil to accelerate the peeling??

@gymrat and anyone else??

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Pls is taking vitaminC supplement on an empty stomach in the morning a bad idea?
Someone almost killed me when i said i take my vitC that way sometimes.
Yes it is, I would strongly advised against taking any supplements on an empty stomach. I have experienced so many stomach issues partly because of this. It's not worth it, trust me.

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Pls is taking vitaminC supplement on an empty stomach in the morning a bad idea?
Someone almost killed me when i said i take my vitC that way sometimes.
@chiny it depends on what kind you take. If its buffered Vit C your fine, that's what I take, AM/PM. Not sure which one you take. Look for the buffered type and you can take it on an empty stomach no problem.

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
I done a 15% TCA peel on Sunday, 2 layers 5 minutes apart and I experienced a little bit of frosting.

Today is day 4 and my skin feels a little bit tight, looks dry and a bit crinkled and there are a few dark parches. I'm seeing a tiny amount of micro peeling around my mouth which I'm gutted about. The way my face was burning during the process I expected to peel in sheets. Is there anything I can do to accelerate the peeling. I wash my face 2x a day and use cer ve, what am I doing wrong??

Should I use olive oil to accelerate the peeling??

@gymrat and anyone else??
Hey there @brown2light, long time no see 👋
Where is the TCA from? To be quite honest 15% is a mild TCA, so don't expect much but micro peeling/flaking.

There isn't anything you need to do to accelerate the peeling. Let it peel on its own. If it doesn't try it again. But its important that your purchasing a good quality TCA.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Hey there @mccartney awwh no worries. If I didn't make my own I would use Cosmetic Skin Solutions, not sure if you have ever checked them out. I will link it for you. This is their site, but google it because you can get it from other places as well, find the best price. Hope you are doing well, I bet you are ready for warmer weather about now ;)
Thx for ur advice @gymrat...

Well i googeld it and read the reviews, it seemed like they changed their formula.. many r not pleased anymore. Loool nahhh im not really lookin forward to the warmer months :(. im a cold season child. All in all im doin great thx.. and you?

40221 - 40240 of 40258 Posts