Skin Care Talk banner
40241 - 40258 of 40258 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Hey there @brown2light, long time no see 👋
Where is the TCA from? To be quite honest 15% is a mild TCA, so don't expect much but micro peeling/flaking.

There isn't anything you need to do to accelerate the peeling. Let it peel on its own. If it doesn't try it again. But its important that your purchasing a good quality TCA.
Hiiii, thank you for the reply. I know I can always count on you to help. I purchased the TCA peel from a UK base company unfortunately MUAC no longer ship to the UK :(

Anyways I was being impatient lol my skin did end up peeling completely but I'm sure there's better quality of TCA peel, I dunno why I just have a feeling the one I got is not the best. Nevertheless I'm content for now.

Can I do another peel 3 weeks after the initial peel?

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Hiiii, thank you for the reply. I know I can always count on you to help. I purchased the TCA peel from a UK base company unfortunately MUAC no longer ship to the UK :(

Anyways I was being impatient lol my skin did end up peeling completely but I'm sure there's better quality of TCA peel, I dunno why I just have a feeling the one I got is not the best. Nevertheless I'm content for now.

Can I do another peel 3 weeks after the initial peel?
Hi @brown2light yes I was going to say the same, try a better quality TCA. When did MUAC stop shipping to UK? That's a bummer!! Some MUAC things are sold on Amazon so be sure and check Amazon UK. You might find it. As for doing another TCA yes you can do another 3 weeks after your first one. You will have much better results if you do 3-4 peels, all 3-4 weeks apart from each other. Hang in there!!

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Hello friend @gymrat I want to get the kojic san on amazon but I see a lot of them. I don't know which is authentic. Can you please help me? Which seller do you buy from if you use?
Hey there @brown991 Here is a link from a seller I have ordered from. Are you in the UK now? If so try linking it to AmazonUk https://www.amazon.com/Original-Koj...dp/B08P3YFR7B/ref=psdc_11056281_t1_B071KNC9Q9
Also if you don't have Hiddentag App you need to get it. You can scan products for authenticity (y) google Hiddentag App and it will explain it to you. This soap has the code you can scan.
Hope you are doing well 😘

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
It's been a bit...Just wanted to know can I still use dermaliss cleanser after it has turned brown or do I just throw it in the trash.
Its oxidized but it will still work will just be less effective. Be sure your storing it in a cool place and the lid is always tightly on. Air light and heat will make things oxidize sooner.

Reactions: jcole

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi gymmie, i just purchased this sunscreen
Do you think it would offer adequate sun protection in an extremely hot climate like Nigeria and still be effective at protecting the skin of someone using lightening products from darkening? @gymrat
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Glass bottle Solution
Drink Font Material property Glass bottle Bottle

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
Hi Chiny! No, that sunscreen is a chemical sunscreen, it will not protect you like a physical SS would. Is that all you have available? What other options/brands do you have?? @chiny

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi Chiny! No, that sunscreen is a chemical sunscreen, it will not protect you like a physical SS would. Is that all you have available? What other options/brands do you have?? @chiny
No ooooooo😩😩😩😭
That sunscreen didn’t come cheap. I just wasted so much money.
There are other brands available eg Neutrogena, Altruist etc.
I just thought this would work effectively since it’s also sunscreen and it’s in a bigger bottle too. I am so sad now. @gymrat

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
No ooooooo😩😩😩😭
That sunscreen didn’t come cheap. I just wasted so much money.
There are other brands available eg Neutrogena, Altruist etc.
I just thought this would work effectively since it’s also sunscreen and it’s in a bigger bottle too. I am so sad now. @gymrat
Awwwh I'm sorry @chiny :( the very first ingredient (Homosalate) is used as a chemical UV filter.......don't ever purchase before looking up the ingredients........you know better!! If you can get Neutrogena, get their Sheer Zinc Face SS here is the link for it so you know what it looks like. It contains 21% zinc which is great for you where you live!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Awwwh I'm sorry @chiny :( the very first ingredient (Homosalate) is used as a chemical UV filter.......don't ever purchase before looking up the ingredients........you know better!! If you can get Neutrogena, get their Sheer Zinc Face SS here is the link for it so you know what it looks like. It contains 21% zinc which is great for you where you live!
@gymrat That Neutrogena zinc oxide sunscreen is the one i just finished up. It left the usual annoying white cast on my skin(face/body).
The truth is i know zinc oxide is a better option but for whatever reason..i allowed the seller convince me to buy this new one.
Maybe i also allowed the convincing because i wasn’t prepared to deal once again with that white cast mineral sunscreen gives.
Gymmie pls advice me on how to work with this one like that.
I don't want to spend on another sunscreen again.

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts
@gymrat That Neutrogena zinc oxide sunscreen is the one i just finished up. It left the usual annoying white cast on my skin(face/body).
The truth is i know zinc oxide is a better option but for whatever reason..i allowed the seller convince me to buy this new one.
Maybe i also allowed the convincing because i wasn’t prepared to deal once again with that white cast mineral sunscreen gives.
Gymmie pls advice me on how to work with this one like that.
I don't want to spend on another sunscreen again.
@chiny I was in France when I read your post, after you posted a picture of the label I noticed its a brand on shelves there. They didn't have the exact one you have but they had lots of other options in this brand. The ingredients were in French so it was a struggle for me. I only recognized the label because you had posted a picture of it 😊

Chiny honestly there isn't much you can do other then use it. Try and be consistent on reapplying it as often as you can try to stay covered and out of the sun as much as possible. Keep your hands covered.......I know its a struggle especially when you live in a warm country. You can't change the SS you purchased, and I don't want you to waste it. All you can do is use it.

I understand the cast on zinc SS, some casts are worse then others. But honestly, to me, I would rather rock the cast then darken. Its a catch 22 as to whats important. For me, I don't want to darken so if a SS has a cast to it, I will wear it. You don't have Bioderma there?? Orange bottle? When I noticed the SS you purchased in France I looked to see what other brands were popular, Bioderma was one of them. Its a great choice if you can find it, next time.

·
Registered
778 Posts
@chiny I was in France when I read your post, after you posted a picture of the label I noticed its a brand on shelves there. They didn't have the exact one you have but they had lots of other options in this brand. The ingredients were in French so it was a struggle for me. I only recognized the label because you had posted a picture of it 😊

Chiny honestly there isn't much you can do other then use it. Try and be consistent on reapplying it as often as you can try to stay covered and out of the sun as much as possible. Keep your hands covered.......I know its a struggle especially when you live in a warm country. You can't change the SS you purchased, and I don't want you to waste it. All you can do is use it.

I understand the cast on zinc SS, some casts are worse then others. But honestly, to me, I would rather rock the cast then darken. Its a catch 22 as to whats important. For me, I don't want to darken so if a SS has a cast to it, I will wear it. You don't have Bioderma there?? Orange bottle? When I noticed the SS you purchased in France I looked to see what other brands were popular, Bioderma was one of them. Its a great choice if you can find it, next time.
Hi gymmie
I’ll just stay out of the sun as much as i can.
Bioderma is available in nigeria… Thanks

40241 - 40258 of 40258 Posts