Skin Care Talk banner
40281 - 40299 of 40299 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hi, So lately i have been thinking maybe i should mix up my AHA lotion. I am tired of just using it as an exfoliating lotion cos truth is i don’t exfoliate so often…so it’s left sitting on my dresser. Besides it expires november this year.
Can F&W AHA lotion be mixed with lightening serums etc to achieve a creamy pale-yellow complexion?
If possible, pls can someone recommend the best serums to use and how to go about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Also what percentage of tretinion gel can i use here in Nigeria hot climate? I still have the 0.1% tretinion gel. Though it expired since May this year.
I couldn’t find the micro gel RA you recommended for me someTime ago AND i also couldn’t find the .04% RA gel u suggested i check for. The one i see is the 0.025% RA gel @gymrat

·
Administrator
34,001 Posts
Also what percentage of tretinion gel can i use here in Nigeria hot climate? I still have the 0.1% tretinion gel. Though it expired since May this year.
I couldn’t find the micro gel RA you recommended for me someTime ago AND i also couldn’t find the .04% RA gel u suggested i check for. The one i see is the 0.025% RA gel @gymrat
Hi @chiny yes you can use the expired RA. I would be careful using it now though if its sunny and hot. With your weather you need to be really careful using it during the hot warm summer. You will do more damage then good. If you can get 0.025% that is ok, its a lower strength but still very good. Keep your RA in a cool dark place if possible Chiny. Hope you are doing well 😘

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hi @chiny yes you can use the expired RA. I would be careful using it now though if its sunny and hot. With your weather you need to be really careful using it during the hot warm summer. You will do more damage then good. If you can get 0.025% that is ok, its a lower strength but still very good. Keep your RA in a cool dark place if possible Chiny. Hope you are doing well 😘
Thank you so much gymmie. @gymrat

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hi, So lately i have been thinking maybe i should mix up my AHA lotion. I am tired of just using it as an exfoliating lotion cos truth is i don’t exfoliate so often…so it’s left sitting on my dresser. Besides it expires november this year.
Can F&W AHA lotion be mixed with lightening serums etc to achieve a creamy pale-yellow complexion?
If possible, pls can someone recommend the best serums to use and how to go about it. Thanks.
AHAs go pretty well with KA serums or pretty much any acidic lightener. Just be careful while mixing you could do a quick ph test with litmus paper to make sure both your lotion and serums are acidic... Otherwise if one is basic/alkaline based it'll reduce the effectiveness of your end product - neutral/alkaline products don't penetrate the skin as good as acidic ones.
I'll give an example - avoid mixing niacinamide based products (which are mostly basic) with hq products... The latter won't penetrate the skin
Hope this explanation makes sense

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have used maxi white serum in the past and I recommend it. The ones in the uk are kojic acid based but I heard in other places , there is Hq version.
Another serum I used briefly a while back is glutathione comprime. It’s a milky concentrate kinda serum and it has rave reviews( check YouTube), zero nasties if you get the real deal.
I didn’t use it for a long time as I get sooo bored easily and was always quick to try out new stuff but it will give u that moly tone.
Get the authentic!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just bought one but I think it’s fake! Cause I texted the barcode on the package and a error came up ! Where did you get yours ?
I havent bought it yet I live in germany and products are super hard to get and thanks to uk leaving eu the taxes are fd up. I would use it on one arm for a month and then on the whole body to test the waters with unknown creams

·
Registered
789 Posts
AHAs go pretty well with KA serums or pretty much any acidic lightener. Just be careful while mixing you could do a quick ph test with litmus paper to make sure both your lotion and serums are acidic... Otherwise if one is basic/alkaline based it'll reduce the effectiveness of your end product - neutral/alkaline products don't penetrate the skin as good as acidic ones.
I'll give an example - avoid mixing niacinamide based products (which are mostly basic) with hq products... The latter won't penetrate the skin
Hope this explanation makes sense
Thank you so much @chocowhite

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have used maxi white serum in the past and I recommend it. The ones in the uk are kojic acid based but I heard in other places , there is Hq version.
Another serum I used briefly a while back is glutathione comprime. It’s a milky concentrate kinda serum and it has rave reviews( check YouTube), zero nasties if you get the real deal.
I didn’t use it for a long time as I get sooo bored easily and was always quick to try out new stuff but it will give u that moly tone.
Get the authentic!
Thanks a lot @kweeny

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey can someone recommend me a cream for face and neck hq based. ive finished with my lactic acid exfoliation stage and finding it difficult to find something. and ill be maintaing results with tretinoin azaelic acid and in the day vitamic c once ive used hq cream. i hope sumone can reply, thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey can someone recommend me a cream for face and neck hq based. ive finished with my lactic acid exfoliation stage and finding it difficult to find something. and ill be maintaing results with tretinoin azaelic acid and in the day vitamic c once ive used hq cream. i hope sumone can reply, thanks
Fair and white(so white and gold ranges) , I think has about 1.9- 2 percent hq. The have a face cream and gel.
I think some members too have also used carowhite/ light , not sure which.
If you are looking to splurge, your best option is obagi nu derm Rx.

40281 - 40299 of 40299 Posts