Skin Care Talk banner
40301 - 40320 of 40326 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new (again) to SCT and have just restarted my lightening journey after redarkerning.

I've just gone 2 weeks doing chemical exfoliant (17% GA/LA lotion), salt baths which helps so much and although I haven't lightened, I am definitely exfoliating. Is this enough time to start my skin lighteners?

I plan to use MitchellBrands, because previously I use Makari and also Nigerian 'natural' lotions and they gave me stretch marks which till this day is incurable (altho TCA 40% soap helped so much to reduce them, and now I'm going to start microneedling).
I was looking at the lightenUp gel (same ingredients as OMIC brightening gel) and the LightUp lotion OR a kojic acid/papaya lotion - which one might be better? the gel has arbutin (NO HQ for me except for my knuckles)

I plan to be more like Yara Shahidi colour. Not too light because when I did become VERY light - I looked pale and sick. I like caramel to my skin
What us Tca 40% soap please?sounds interesting

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me,
I have an extremely dark butt/back compared to my face and it’s starting to cause me depression.. is there anyway I can’t lighten my buttocks area tk match the front of my body?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Kweeny, I just used 40% TCA acid and mixed it with kojie san 250ml liquid soap, I applied it before showering for 10mins everyday (it makes you peel a little)
Wow that’s creative .
Go easy on TCA tho, I used it a lot over the years and I don’t recommend a pice 15%!for darker skin/ non Caucasian skin( assuming you are).
But your mix could already be diluted already with melted Kojie. Don’t forget to moisturise and use sunscreen🤗

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi Gymmie. Everyone
I just bought this Ambi clarifying toner and it’s says it expires 11/2022…that’s literally just two months away. I had no idea it would expire then.
—Does the expiration date mean that it expires on exactly the 1st of November OR does it mean it expires on the 30th of November??
—Also is it possible to use the toner after it’s expiration date??
—And for how long if it’s possible. @gymrat
Pls guys it’s urgent so i can return it or not. Thanks.
Fluid Liquid Font Gas Drink

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
Hi Gymmie. Everyone
I just bought this Ambi clarifying toner and it’s says it expires 11/2022…that’s literally just two months away. I had no idea it would expire then.
—Does the expiration date mean that it expires on exactly the 1st of November OR does it mean it expires on the 30th of November??
—Also is it possible to use the toner after it’s expiration date??
—And for how long if it’s possible. @gymrat
Pls guys it’s urgent so i can return it or not. Thanks.
@chiny yes, totally fine to use after the expiration date. Don't waste it, use it up!

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is Amlactin (15% Lactic Acid) more of an exfoliating product rather than a chemical peel? If so, does that means it is safe to leave on, scrub, and then wash off like I do with Kojic Soap?

If I make a 15% lactic acid mix with skinlight or carowhite, should I keep it on all day like a normal lighter or is there a chance that it would give me a burning sensation and I'd have to wash it off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
MUAC is where I purchase from. I replied to your other post on another thread too. It is also very east to make your own LA if you get lactic acid and distilled water. If your not comfortable doing that go to MUAC
Home Chemical Peels, Anti Aging, Acne, Scars | Makeup Artist's Choice
Thank you so much! Decided to make my own LA as the MUAC one is a lil too pricey and they also don’t ship to the UK.
I am so excited and can’t wait to embark on this journey 🤗

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
Is Amlactin (15% Lactic Acid) more of an exfoliating product rather than a chemical peel? If so, does that means it is safe to leave on, scrub, and then wash off like I do with Kojic Soap?

If I make a 15% lactic acid mix with skinlight or carowhite, should I keep it on all day like a normal lighter or is there a chance that it would give me a burning sensation and I'd have to wash it off?
No Amlactin is not a chemical peel. It is a lotion that you apply after you shower. You don't wash it off. And no don't mix it with anything use it as it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before doing a chemical peel on my body, should I shower with a non acidic cleanser or can I take a sea salt bath? I know not to use acids at least 2 to 3 days before a peel, but it should be OK bathe with regular soap, right?

EDIT: I showered with plain water, no soap, and it didn't burn or tingle anywhere other than my neck which was already slightly irritated from something else I did days before. Next week, I'll try a 50% lactic acid peel. o_O

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
Hi guys. I've tried this soap for the first time. I know it is very strong; howewer i've not felt any type of sensation when I applied it. Bought from the official European reseller. Is it the right one ?
Yes thats the correct soap. Not all will have a tingle with this soap. Everyones skin is different how they react to products. Doesn't mean it isn't doing its job.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Do you mean making a DIY lactic acid cream with Carowhite as the base cream? If so, then yes you can apply the mix and leave it on all day. However I'd recommend starting your DIY at 12% or lower especially if it's your first time - most skin tolerates this concentration well.
If whatever concentration you decide to use burns/gets uncomfortable you have to wash it off immediately

40301 - 40320 of 40326 Posts