Skin Care Talk banner

If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

4M views 40K replies 2K participants last post by  mermaidgirl3000 
#1 ·
If you need to ask a Quick Question about Skin Lightening Products, etc Post it Here:)

This thread could be useful for someone that needs to ask a question about skin lightening instead of making a new thread. And if you know the answer you could quote their question and answer it for them. I hope this is making sense.LOL

#39,702 ·
@gymrat what do you think about using palmers fade lotion, with kojic acid soap? I'll use lactic acid lotion 18% my question is should I use the lotion alone or should I combine a lightening serum? Anyone who has used this lotion or using it should please Reply me.
Send me the link to the exact one you are wanting to use. Palmers has so many fade lotions/creams etc, I want to double check the ingredients for you. And you are wanting to use it as the base for your LA lotion, correct?

As for the question about using after cleansing with KA soap, yes, not a problem. @brown991

#39,704 ·
I'm not even sure if MUAC is shipping to the UK again, she had to stop for awhile (covid). Soon enough it will all be back to normal. But also know you can find MUAC things on Amazon as well. Shipping might be better that way, not really sure, but worth checking out.
Hey I've noticed I don't physically peel with lactic acid even with 60% but it still lightens the skin, do you think that's ideal?

#39,705 ·
You won't see any good results unless you spend time exfoliating with lactic acid or similar for at least 3 months. Then you can use lighteners. Otherwise you may lighten with some of the more hardcore lighteners but you will look patchy and unnatural.

In the mean time, I would recommend weekly lactic acid peels and sun protection. Luckily we have good sun screens in the UK. Yes, you still have to use sunscreen on cloudy days. You can also incorporate retin-a for faster cell renewal 3 x week. But please do a lot of research.
I physically exfoliate with gloves but i recently have been using 5% glycolic from superdrug. My skin looks so glowing but my aim is to whiten esp because i have a dark forehead

So morning and night i use kojie acid soap, glycolic toner and 30% vit c. My skin can handle vit v and glycolic together. Yeah i already use spf50 daily.

Does this sound ok? I wish i could do peels but the skin sheds and my parents ask annoying questions lol

#39,707 ·
Hello all !!!
Anyone using Qei+ Gold lotion ?!
Just got my order today from the french Website.
After a break of more than a year due to pregnancy , i have redarken an covered with tiny dark stretch marks..

What i am planning to use is :

Mix : [Gold lotion + 2ikb gels (arbutin) + 1serum Maxiwhite(Ka) + spoon of Lissa white or Belle Face(hq) + spoon of 55h+ glycerine ]

Face :
Qei+ Gold Face cream + Serum
Soap : Kojic acid on face and body
Retin A on my stretch marks

Morning i will be using
Palmers Skin'sucess Fade Milk on body and Vitamin C serum + collagen cream on face.

My goal is 3shades and reducing the appearance of my stretchmarks that i got from pregnancy...

And if u have some advise for that mix or think its to much u can say.

Also any help for Stretch mark will be soooo welcomed..

#39,708 ·
i have checked ebay but there aren't that many and they are mainly from america. i live in the uk. would 35% be ok for first time? LACTIC MALIC ACID AHA FACE & BODY PEEL 25-55% FOR ACNE SCARS, HYPERPIGMENTATION | eBay

yeah with the 30% vit c its just so slow :/

i really like kojie acid its the only thing that has worked in terms of lightening i don't think i want to let it go :( why is it bad though?
Hello hun,
Where do you buy your kojic san soap from ?! If on Ebay , which seller ? Would like to purchase one that works.
Thanks!

#39,710 ·
There are many on ebay, just search "lactic acid peel".

Soap ingredients dry out your face overtime and dehydrates it. If you prefer lightening over skin health, then you may continue. Otherwise, you can look into kojie san serums / creams.
i've used normal soap my entire life and i'm ok tbh! i always follow up a good moisturiser (after kojie) and i feel safe with using kojie acid soap every day for the long term. x

i will defo get a lactic acid peel! could you tell me how often to use it and do i just keep it on for a few minutes before washing it?

i did try and look for a kojie acid cream but the one i looked at is only in america and apparently it wasn't that good anyway

#39,714 ·
@PhoenixCharm2018 hey, my bottle of lactic acid peel arrived leaking (only about 10% of it is gone though) - if lactic acid has been exposed to air, does it make it ineffective or can I still use it?
My peels always have a seal on the bottle, I have never had one leak. It will still work it just may be less effective. You need to worry more about it being exposed to heat, rather than air. Shelf life for LA is 12 months. If you are unsure I would contact the company you purchased from.

#39,715 ·
Hi guys so I'm tired of using store bought lotions cause of uncertainty. so i want to make my own mix. i bought a bunch of ingredients. Can someone give me a formula for an effective lotion; I'm trying to lighten my back 4 shades as fast as possible (SAFELY) at least. And also a face serum for smoothening and brightening.
this is what i bought:
Kojic acid powder
Alpha Arbutin powder
Licorice extract powder
Niacinamide powder
Germallplus liquid
Glycerin
Stearic acid
Emulsifying wax
Sandalwood powder
Hyaluronic acid powder
cocoa and shea butter

PS: I've been exfoliating with la lotion for 2 months so I'm ready.

#39,716 ·
My peels always have a seal on the bottle, I have never had one leak. It will still work it just may be less effective. You need to worry more about it being exposed to heat, rather than air. Shelf life for LA is 12 months. If you are unsure I would contact the company you purchased from.
@gymrat They sent me a replacement Thank God! I will make sure I store it properly :)
I’m also considering making LA lotion for my body. I’m thinking of using Gold Bond Healing Lotion (with aloe) as my base. It contains 566g of lotion. How many teaspoons of 80% Lactic Acid should I use to make a 15% LA lotion please?

#39,717 ·
@gymrat They sent me a replacement Thank God! I will make sure I store it properly :)
I’m also considering making LA lotion for my body. I’m thinking of using Gold Bond Healing Lotion (with aloe) as my base. It contains 566g of lotion. How many teaspoons of 80% Lactic Acid should I use to make a 15% LA lotion please?
I use Gold Bond as my base, just be sure its one without carbomer (read the ingredient listing). If your LA is 80% and you want to make it 15% with 566g of base, you will need to add 4.4 ounces of LA.

#39,719 ·
Can anyone help me out to make DIY black soap? I've got a chunk of raw African black soap from local sellers. I'm looking to make 200ml of it melted into gelatinous or liquid form. Looking to incorporate honey, shea butter, lemon juice or lemon essential oil, rosewater, 5ml of LA (still considering), coconut oil or EVOO. I don't know what measurements to use for these, really would love if anyone could help out. Thanks