Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to this site. I found it while googling answers for wrinkles. I have read much of the information posted. It appears most of the posts I have read show the greatest support towards Retin A and Vitamin C. I have very deep wrinkles in my forehead and prefer not to smile now because when I do, it makes me sad to see the enormous amount of wrinkles that pop up all over my face. My pores also appear larger I am assumming because my skin is not as tight as it previously was. I am a fair skinned, red head and have battled freckles all of my life. Because of this, I have used full coverage base makeup to try to hide them. Now, the makeup seems to show my wrinkles more and also seems to make my pores more noticable.
I may be getting older however, I refuse to let it get the best of me. I am determined to fight it all the way.

My questions are:

What strength of Retin A do I need?
Do I get Retin A cream or gel?
Will Retin A also lighten my freckles?
What is Tazorac?
If I order from Canadian Drugs do I still have to go to my doctor to get a script?
Does Airbrush makeup truly hide wrinkles better than base makeUp?

Okay, I guess that's all I have for now. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much to all !

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hello and welcome you came to the right place spetty. You will find the answers you seek to all your questions

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
HI spetty! Welcome! There's loads of info here if you can wade thru it all!
Here's a good place to start:
Retinoids 101 - Everything there is to know about retinoids

Most Canadian online pharms do require an Rx. There are also retinol products that do not require Rx - such as Green Cream - and are effective tools.

Exfoliating before using products will help them sink in better and may help with pores too.

HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi spetty and welcome to the site! you should read the retin A threads on anti-aging to answer your questions about strength, prescription or not, gell or cream base. The answers you are looking for are there. And to answer a the question about the airbrushing no it can't hide wrinkles- but the people developping pictures can. and last question; TAZORACÂae (tazarotene) Cream 0.1% is indicated for acne vulgaris.
TAZORACÂae (tazarotene) Gel 0.1% is indicated for mild to moderate facial acne vulgaris.

Hope this all helps you !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome! You can find many answers by browsing the forum. These ladies have a wealth of knowledge on skincare. Personally I ditto Vitamin C and Natural remedies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for the information! Where can I find a microfiber cloth? Do I use it prior to using Retin A?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks so much for the information! Where can I find a microfiber cloth? Do I use it prior to using Retin A?
Oh look! Here's one now!
Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

I use mine after cleansing as usual to remove all the last traces of gunk before using my RA at night. Be careful tho...it looks soft and gentle, but you can still over-exfoliate with it.. experiment on a little corner of your face first!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hello spetty are you from Canada? There is a group of Canadians that can help you find what you need at a good price. I love my Retin A and do it yourself Vitamin C Serum and I use my microfibre cloth prior to applying the RA. Go to the Anti-Aging forum and read and ask lots of questions and have fun! We need to put your smile back!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Kitskid. I am from Texas. I will look at the Anti Aging forum to gather more details. Thank you so much for your advise. I went to the Dr. and got a script for Retin A today so I am ready to move forward with the smiling again!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts