Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm turning 50 this year,but never looked after my skin or myself,in fact I did the opposite.I'm not sure where all the years have gone,but I looked in the mirror,about a year ago,and didn't recognize the person looking back at me,I look really old.I cannot afford cosmetic surgery,and therefore would be open to any suggestions on how to look at least 5 years younger for starters.I quit smoking in Nov 2008,so that was my first move,and I am proud of myself,as I had a 38yr habit.So help

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Welcome! & congratulations for quitting smoking! Just that you will avoid lots of diseases! I will turn 50 next year and I will like to encourage you, you are on the right track, it's never too late, but I don't have any secrets to share, except balance in everything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I'm turning 50 this year,but never looked after my skin or myself,in fact I did the opposite.I'm not sure where all the years have gone,but I looked in the mirror,about a year ago,and didn't recognize the person looking back at me,I look really old.I cannot afford cosmetic surgery,and therefore would be open to any suggestions on how to look at least 5 years younger for starters.I quit smoking in Nov 2008,so that was my first move,and I am proud of myself,as I had a 38yr habit.So help
Would love to send you a sample of a skin care line that shows results and WILL turn back time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
...Hmmm ...

Hi Braveone! A big Canadian welcome eh

Use a decent night cream & try to sleep on your back. Face down isn't so great for the lymph system & can eventually make you look older.
My step mom 59, recently tried it as an experiement & she DOES look better!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I sleep on my back but I often wake up on my left side, so my left face has more wrinkles than the right side. It leaves a deeper line under my eye and the line seems to get deeper with years.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hell canadian gals....i too am a newbie from British Columbia Canada. I am wanting to switch my skin care products from Vichy to NeoStrata. Someone suggersed I try Reversa instead. Anyone have any experience with usiung Reversa?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too am new to this site and reside in northern Alberta. Sunscreen is a MUST and you know us 'northern girls' have to MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE!!!
check out Elizabeth Grant this weekend on the shopping channel and try her skin care line. It is most effective for northern climates where you need more moisturizer in the summer and especially in the winter. I use this line for over 10 years and it has done wonders for my skin. There is no fragrance and is gentle enough but powerful for any skin type. I stay away from department lines as they promise you the world and are very expensive. Good luck, eh....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi , can I just say well done for giving up smoking. my top tips for keeping my skin happy,radiant and younger looking is sufficient sleep, drink plenty of water at least 8 glasses full, hydrating moisturisers with sun protection and YSL touche eclat to cover up any dark circles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great to read your post Braveone. I too am on a 'turn back the years' moment! Will be hitting 47 in Oct and need to get a grip after a few very lazy years!! Good Luck to you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Needed to change my mood.It has been 6 months since I quit smoking,and people say they see a big difference in my skin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Good for you on quitting smoking!!! It does make a difference almost right away on your complection. I quit years ago and everyone noticed a difference almost right away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too am new to this site and reside in northern Alberta. Sunscreen is a MUST and you know us 'northern girls' have to MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE!!!
check out Elizabeth Grant this weekend on the shopping channel and try her skin care line. It is most effective for northern climates where you need more moisturizer in the summer and especially in the winter. I use this line for over 10 years and it has done wonders for my skin. There is no fragrance and is gentle enough but powerful for any skin type. I stay away from department lines as they promise you the world and are very expensive. Good luck, eh....
Hi.... i saw the shopping channel and bought 2 kits but find the stuff leaves my face a little sticky.... and what order, i have the serum, and the separate purchase, i think collagen.. but by the time i put 4 layers on if my hair blows in front of my face it sticks to it...she is a good seller...and it seems like nice product, just wondering if i am doing it right and if your skin feels like this too..i am also a newbie from canada.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts