Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on here for almost a year. I've been so caught up with life that I completely stopped my skincare routine and started focusing on other things. However, this was probably good for me as I've matured enough to lighten responsibly. When I was on this forum a while ago, my main focus was becoming lightskinned (I wanted to look mixed, I was whitewashed). I also had skin dysmorphia problems so I'm glad I got my ish together.
So i'm now ready to start a new journey. My goal is to go from brownskin, to "lighter" brownskin. Nothing more then 4 shades lightened. :yess: Lol not much of a change but I love my brown skin now, I just want to be a more light caramel tone. I also want to get rid of dark spots and uneven skin tone. I'm also making other lifestyle changes along with lightening my skin, (Weight gain, Beauty Routine, Be Happier, etc.). I will do consistent updates on all of that in this forum! Now onto my goals lol.

-

Current Shade:

Goal Shade:
Somewhere around Trina/Lauren London/Aaliyah Jay complexion. Caramel brown. (can someone give me a mac shade?)
Hair White Face Clothing Lip
Hair Face Eyebrow Lip Hairstyle
Hair Eyebrow Face Forehead Hairstyle

-
Do ya'll think this is attainable? I also don't have a regi made yet, so if anyone could help me formulate one that works quickly and strongly that would be great. Thank you!
:sunshine:​

·
Registered
622 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but the first picture and the other ones look about the same.

What MAC shade are you right now?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hun, if you want to lighten 4 shades, you'll be lighter than your goal pics.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Maybe it's just me, but the first picture and the other ones look about the same.

What MAC shade are you right now?
It may be the same! I don't wanna lighten very much, the girl in my avi is my goal shade I like light brown, creamy caramel type complexions. I'm an NW44/45. For reference I'm probably more around this shade .

Bikini Swimwear Swimsuit top Clothing Undergarment

·
Registered
225 Posts
I haven't been on here for almost a year. I've been so caught up with life that I completely stopped my skincare routine and started focusing on other things. However, this was probably good for me as I've matured enough to lighten responsibly. When I was on this forum a while ago, my main focus was becoming lightskinned (I wanted to look mixed, I was whitewashed). I also had skin dysmorphia problems so I'm glad I got my ish together.
So i'm now ready to start a new journey. My goal is to go from brownskin, to "lighter" brownskin. Nothing more then 4 shades lightened. :yess: Lol not much of a change but I love my brown skin now, I just want to be a more light caramel tone. I also want to get rid of dark spots and uneven skin tone. I'm also making other lifestyle changes along with lightening my skin, (Weight gain, Beauty Routine, Be Happier, etc.). I will do consistent updates on all of that in this forum! Now onto my goals lol.

-

Current Shade:

Goal Shade:
Somewhere around Trina/Lauren London/Aaliyah Jay complexion. Caramel brown. (can someone give me a mac shade?)
View attachment 62337 View attachment 62339 View attachment 62341
-
Do ya'll think this is attainable? I also don't have a regi made yet, so if anyone could help me formulate one that works quickly and strongly that would be great. Thank you!
:sunshine:​
Welcome back and good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey I'm bangali/Indian tone shade nc42 i want to go abit lighter like i would prefer the shade in nars stromboli or nc 30. Those who have same skin tone can you kindly recommend me anything to go light [...]
hmm i'm of indian descent as well. pm me a picture of yourself (edited ifuw). i could recommend u products better if i see what you look like..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll say lightening 3 shades will be ideal for me. Can somebody help me formulate a regimen to start my new journey? I know I have to exfoliate first, I may just use one of my old regis but I feel like a new one would be in order.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@BrightB93. This is my old old regi, I know there are so many techniques people get results with and good ones too thats why i'm not sure what to do with my regiment.
UPDATED REGIMINE (cudos to everyone who helped out!)

__________________________________________________ ___________

AM FACE

Lather on Kojie San soap, leave on for 3-5 minutes.
Rinse off with cold water
Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize
Apply Vitamin C serum

Apply Sunblock ( I use Badger Sport Sunscreen, SPF 35, Zinc Oxide 22.5%)

AM BODY

Apply Kojie San with a wet washcloth, leave on same amount of time as face
Hop in the shower, rinse off with cold water
Dry off
Apply Mix (Carolight cream+oil and G&G (pink lid) cream+oil)
Apply Sunblock to any exposed body parts

__________________________________________________ ______________
PM FACE

Wash face with Kojie San
Exfoliate with Neutrogena grapefruit scrub
Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize
Lather Koji San until is disappears, leave on on until bedtime
Rinse off soap
Apply Nadinola

PM BODY
Shower with Kojie San
Exfoliate with Sea Salt and Microfiber washcloth
Rinse off and dry
Apply Mix
Before bed, apply LA lotion

* Once a month, I'll do a peel with YPO (Yellow Peeling Oil)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MY REGI: Exfoliation Period

After some research I have finally formulated a regiment that I think will even out my skin enough and get rid of dead skin. I will do this for 1-2 months or until even. THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT! I NEED YALL'S HELP I NEED TO MAKE SURE ITS PERFECT. I will put stars on my areas of concerns and any comments I have at the end.

-

AM FACE
  • Apply Koji San soap, lather in with facial brush for 1 min and leave on until tingles, then rinse off
  • Do my normal acne routine (black soap, witch hazel & ACV toner, tea tree oil on pimples if any)*
  • Apply Vitamin C serum
  • Moisturize with Shea Butter

AM BODY

• Get in shower, lather koji san on body and lather with brush, leave on until slight tingle and rinse off
  • Use my special "caramelcoffee booty/body scrub" all over body, then rinse that off aswell**
  • Wash with whatever bodywash im using that day (a girls gotta smell good)
  • Get out of shower and pat skin until damp
  • Apply LA Lotion to damp skin

PM FACE

• Apply Koji San soap, lather in with facial brush for 1 min and leave on until strong tingle
  • Do my normal acne routine (black soap, witch hazel & ACV toner, tea tree oil on pimples if any)
  • Face Mask (I alternate between aloe vera gel and lush "mask of magnaminty" every other day)
  • Apply (very diluted) LA lotion to damp skin
  • Moisturize with Shea Butter

PM BODY

• Get in shower, lather koji san on body and lather with brush, leave on until slight tingle and rinse off
  • Use my special "caramelcoffee booty/body scrub" all over body, then rinse that off aswell**
  • Get out of shower and pat skin till damp
  • Apply LA Lotion
I will attempt to do a mild peel once a month until I feel like I'm ready to lighten, most likely GPO (any suggestions besides that?). and as far as sunblock goes, I don't leave the house much during the day, when I do I will apply badger sport sunscreen to my exposed body parts.
-

* I'm not exactly keen on if my normal acne routine will harm my skin in any way along with my exfoliation, I want to make sure it won't.
** Body scrub may be replaced with an exfoliation towel.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm very rusty to lightening it's been a long time since I last even made regi, so If i'm unaware of any common knowledge please enlighten me. :yay:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I'm very rusty to lightening it's been a long time since I last even made regi, so If i'm unaware of any common knowledge please enlighten me. :yay:
your kojie San soap twice daily could be too much and what is this body scrub you talk? I hope is not salt or sugar scrub. Don't forget to skin build your body also

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
your kojie San soap twice daily could be too much and what is this body scrub you talk? I hope is not salt or sugar scrub. Don't forget to skin build your body also
Thank you for responding! The body scrub I use is a mix of salt, honey, olive oil, and coffee grounds. I use this to help with cellulite and stretch marks but I wasn't too keen on it, you think I should replace it with a KIT? Also how to skin build my body? Should I apply a moisturizer before or after I put on the LA? I don't have enough shea butter for both my face and body however I could use aloe vera lotion or cocoa butter. Something of the like.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Everything in the scrubs look good when using salt scrub be careful salt are crystal with little sharp teeth so don't overdo it but since it's mix with coffee the effects will be minimal.
For cellulite use LA lotion for stretch marks do peel and use RA use Shea butter for your skin and another oil for your face. Oil like jojoba or grape seed will be fine moisturize after LA lotion not before.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Everything in the scrubs look good when using salt scrub be careful salt are crystal with little sharp teeth so don't overdo it but since it's mix with coffee the effects will be minimal.
For cellulite use LA lotion for stretch marks do peel and use RA use Shea butter for your skin and another oil for your face. Oil like jojoba or grape seed will be fine moisturize after LA lotion not before.
Thank you so much! So I'll keep the scrub and use grape seed oil after LA for skin building. Sometime this or next month I'll do peel with GPO so that should do the job.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Use grape seed for face and shear butter for your body. You can also use the scrub but not too frequently.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts