Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have super straight hair and I'm planning on getting a traditional wave (this will be my second time). The first time I had it done, I didn't really bother using anything other than my regular shampoo. What are good products to use to make the curls stay? Is there like a specific shampoo and conditioner that I should use?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Rainbow, I think I've seen it mentioned that SLS/ALS free shampoos will extend the life of any chemical treatment. Pureology has some as well as other brands. Good luck and we want pictures!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
L'Oreal has made a good one I am using. The only thing I din't like so much about it is the minty scent: a little 'milk of magnesium' like IMO. Aside from that, it really does a nice job w/o stripping the hair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ms. Rainbow, you're pretty . .. I wonder how would curls and wavy hair do you . . .. I hope you get those maintained since they're quite expensive for both treatment and maintenance . Anyways, I recommend the use of conditioner brands rather than shampoos but still use shampoos at least twice a week. . . the preferred brands are L'oreal. . .God Bless

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rainbow, I think I've seen it mentioned that SLS/ALS free shampoos will extend the life of any chemical treatment. Pureology has some as well as other brands. Good luck and we want pictures!!
Great! Thanks! Haha I'll sure post pics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
L'Oreal has made a good one I am using. The only thing I din't like so much about it is the minty scent: a little 'milk of magnesium' like IMO. Aside from that, it really does a nice job w/o stripping the hair.
Yeah I have trust in L'Oreal so I'm sure I'll be checking that one out. Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ms. Rainbow, you're pretty . .. I wonder how would curls and wavy hair do you . . .. I hope you get those maintained since they're quite expensive for both treatment and maintenance . Anyways, I recommend the use of conditioner brands rather than shampoos but still use shampoos at least twice a week. . . the preferred brands are L'oreal. . .God Bless
Thanks.
I love wavy/curly hair on me because I can go out without fixing it. Since I have super straight hair, my hair is tamed and when I had my hair curled for the first time, it looked great and natural. I got a lot of compliments saying my hair looked healthy and shiny, and I didn't do much except for shampoo haha, but this time I want better care for my hair. Thanks for your suggestion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would agree you already have pretty hair, although am sure waves would also look great on you!
Aww..thanks!
I'm really excited to get waves again.

·
Registered
412 Posts
HAHAHAHA! Makes me think of all the perms and body waves I have had over the 70's and early 80's because my hair was always pin straight! The curl woudl last for maybe a week!!! Lilt and toni perms in my aunt's *******!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAHAHAHA! Makes me think of all the perms and body waves I have had over the 70's and early 80's because my hair was always pin straight! The curl woudl last for maybe a week!!! Lilt and toni perms in my aunt's *******!
Haha! That sucked that they only lasted a week. My hair went from curly to wavy, and it stayed wavy until it grew out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts