Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of scars and a few pimples on my chest and I am going on a cruise next week. It is very embarassing and i was just wondering if there is any way to reduce this quickly.
help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use deep cleansing wash and body lotion both from proactiv they have helped alot just i still have some pimpils and a lot of scars. is there something i could put on to just reduce the appearance.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
There isn't anything you can do in such a short period of time (next week). I wouldn't put anything on it to try and cover them up, as in concealer or makeup, because you are going on a cruise. I am afraid you would be able to see the makeup/concealer. Try exfoliating really well all week and see if that helps at all.

Just make sure while you are on the cruise you wear a very good sunscreen. If you don't and you tan over your scars they will only get darker.

Best of luck to you-

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow. Wish I'd seen this sooner. Dot 10% benzoyl peroxide on all bumps at bedtime and allow to dry 100%. Then dot on a sulfur clay mask or other clay mask over the dots of BPO. Let everything dry 30 minutes. Wear a clean white t shirt to bed (laundered in fragrance-free detergent/no softener). BPO penetrates the pore and kills bacteria deep in the follicle by applying oxygen, which kills it. If you occlude it (covering with mask) it penetrates deeper.

Shower off in the morning. To reduce redness, apply a vitamin K serum during the day. On the cruise use a zinc oxide sunblock and apply often. Sun will make acne blemishes either darker or brighter, and more noticable.

Don't eat dairy, cheese, salty snack, fast foods or peanuts. Sleep 7 hours.
Have a great time!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello footballdude...maybe you can try some of this simple remedies:
* Coriander juice mixed with turmeric powder forms another effective face-pack. It can be applied at bedtime, after thoroughly cleansing the face. You can also use mint juice in place of coriander juice.

* Garlic is known for its anti-bacterial properties and is used in most home remedies for skin problems and infections. You can either eat three cloves of garlic daily, or apply fresh garlic on the affected area.

* Cucumber and lemon are also good for pimple treatment. While cucumber can be applied as a face-pack, lemon juice can be applied as an astringent.

and sleep more than 8 hours a day...dont forget to hydrate yourself, more than 9 glasses of water if possible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts