Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, let me try to describe this. i'm not sure if it all is interconnected, but here goes.

Inflamed and itchy scalp, check. it comes and goes, but the redness is ever-present. it'll go from very light to very menacing. they're flat/raised bumps, see, and really itty-bitty. my head feels sore from time to time.

okay, and i did have sprinkles of red on my chest a year back, and that cleared up. but the rash on my thighs are recurring. and during flare ups, commonly it affects my scalp and my thighs together.

I strongly feel this is some sort of infection or something, and I never know if the derm is gonna be straight with me.

speaking of, the thinning is all over my head. my hair has no shape and its extremely lifeless. the most severe itching/burning goes on at the sides and back. when I shampoo, I feel the occassinal sting.

anyway, this prob has been bugging me for like a year and i'd kill for a solution. thanks much!

also, everything was going smoothly until mid-late 2005 when i started treatment for tuberculosis. and then come early 2006, it's like my hair transformed overnight. just completely wrecked. but then, after some pretty gruesome months, suddenly it started getting better. and it stayed that way for a good while.

i also was in a car crash in january 07.

anyway, i wish this situation was a tad less unpredictable. its literally like, i wake up one morning, and suddenly my hair is alive and full and completely revived. but that only lasts for a week, and then it all goes downhill again. phases, man.

i really am too clueless. please somebody lend me your thoughts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as your skin issues go, have you checked to see if you have Psoriasis or Ecxema? If so, and you don't have either you may also check on this. I have a couple of clients that come into my Salon that have the bumps that I think you are talking about and one of them said her Dermatologist checked her Hormone levels and I think it was the testosterone levels were wacked out and this was her problem. The reason I mentioned Psoriasis is that it comes and goes. Certian things can make it flair up, weather, stress, foods. It is not curable but you can calm it down. There are so many things that can be diagnosis, Thyroid levels are a big one with hair loss and symptoms like you are talking about. Just a thought!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts