Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know I had to watch out for infrared rays too now. Here is some evidence and the protection recommended:

SkinCancerStore.com - Fallene Total Block UVA/UVB Complete Full Spectrum Sun Protection, SPF 65 Clear, 2 fl oz (59 ml)

[quote from the same site]: Direct Physical Photoblockers Benefits
Most of the physical photoblockers are naturally occurring metal compounds (iron, chromium, zinc, titanium, etc), although some, such as bismuth, are man-made. In addition to their photo-protective attributes, these substances also assist in preventing windburns and skin damage from wind-driven micro-particles, such as dirt and grime. These physical blockers also offer a substantial defense against infrared rays in two ways.

Winter, spring, summer or fall -- no matter what the season, Lipcotz SPF 45 protects your skin from harmful rays.

Minimize wrinkling, skin-damage, and photo-aging with Fallene sun-protection products. First, particles that are large enough to be seen, i.e. the reflect visible light, will also reflect and refract infrared waves that are the most harmful to the skin (760nm - 1,800nm). Second, regardless of particle size, these metal-based materials act as a "heat sink" and thereby reduce the heat effect on the skin.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Goodness gracious!! Add another to the list of must haves- don't know if I can keep up with it all-

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have to say I have gone extreme too! I now am like Madonna--I am petrified of the sun. I stay out 100% now. I really like the way my skin is behaving and shining BUT I do hate that it is yellow/red/white! I have concluded that I do NOT get skin whitening people! The fact is that they may say they do not get tanning people but having browned skin minimises imperfections whereas white skin shows them. So I do get why people say they look better WITH colour but not without.

As for infrared---I heard that but did not know to protect! As always cheers for the link and info.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's always something isn't it.
I think protection from ALL the harmful rays should be the first step in anti-ageing though, and the other stuff is just secondary.

I'm going to put my Devita zinc oxide physical SS over my other chemical SS and hedge my bets to get the best of both worlds: UVA/B and InfraRed protection. I like to be outside and hate hats and long sleeves, so this is my best solution so far..

Anyone else know of another good infrared protector?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
The other day while getting my nails done, I thought...........hmmmmm wonder what this light (UVA) I stick my nails under to dry is doing for my hands? Making them age and wrinkle-

Always something!!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
The other day while getting my nails done, I thought...........hmmmmm wonder what this light (UVA) I stick my nails under to dry is doing for my hands? Making them age and wrinkle-

Always something!!
Remember.....the C serum protects even when washed off for 72 hours.

Feel better now?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Always something!!
Gee, I wonder what the acrylic they use on your nails is doing for your health?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Gee, I wonder what the acrylic they use on your nails is doing for your health?
Nothing so far, been over 20 years now-
Would give it up for anything!! I love getting them done. Yep, I am a girly girl.

·
Registered
713 Posts

Always something!!
Gymrat,

OMG! I wonder if the UVA light has made it so difficult to get rid of the awful brown spots on my hands. I have got so crazy about being out in the sun, my sister said I'm turning into a recluse! I never go out without an umbrella, I got the idea from MJ! Fawnie...how can you keep layering lotions and potions on????? I feel so full of goop when I go to bed and I'm just an amateur compared to you!!!!!

Bye the way...I go for blood tests every 3 months due to my stroke and the lab found my vitamin D is so low my doctor prescribed me supplements, I have gone to this doctor for 27 years and he said I'm nuts and we had a good laugh...I asked him to give me a brain transplant...and he just walked out of the room, I guess that means "no."

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Gymrat,

OMG! I wonder if the UVA light has made it so difficult to get rid of the awful brown spots on my hands. I have got so crazy about being out in the sun, my sister said I'm turning into a recluse! I never go out without an umbrella, I got the idea from MJ! Fawnie...how can you keep layering lotions and potions on????? I feel so full of goop when I go to bed and I'm just an amateur compared to you!!!!!

Bye the way...I go for blood tests every 3 months due to my stroke and the lab found my vitamin D is so low my doctor prescribed me supplements, I have gone to this doctor for 27 years and he said I'm nuts and we had a good laugh...I asked him to give me a brain transplant...and he just walked out of the room, I guess that means "no."
It could be contributing to your brown spots on your hands. I have been getting my nails done for so long and for some reason the whole UVA light thing popped in my head last week while drying my nails under it-
It was just one of those
moments.

I won't stop getting my nails done because of it, it was just a thought-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts