Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chuck it all and go for the laser, lifts and botox.

So.... I was wandering around the Dermstore the other day and promises promises. Currently waiting for the Aqua Glycolic products from drugstore to go with the MD Forte I am already using...suddenly my mind started to see glowing skin, perfect complection and compliments overflowing. That area fixed,, this one too!!! I was drunk on perfection. But wait a minute, I thought, what about ph balance...now where did I read that. Franticaly I searched and searched but couldn't find it. I have become obsessed! One of those "snap out of it" face smacks from Moonstruck would help.
Then I got to thinking, maybe I should go to the seminar in November that my derm is hosting. The latest on all the gifts, gagets and fix-its...just in time for the holidays...and hey right around the corner from their office is the plastic surgeons office and I have heard that a breast reduction and lift... wraps beautifully in a holiday box with the prettiest gold lame ribbon..

Anybody else go through this?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
"Drunk on perfection" love it.. yes we get all caught up in ourselves and we egg each other on like the enablers that we are.

Bear in mind that when you go to a PS seminar the object they have is not to educate but to sell sell sell...their procedures, their products, their ideas. We have to be educated consumers and know what we want to achieve and how much we want to spend...along with how much downtime we have for recovery. Plus, once you have work done, it's the upkeep after that.

You might be able to achieve a lot with noninvasive procedures, and my personal fave: facial exercise and massage.

Noninvasive and Minimally Invasive Rejuvenation Methods / Procedures

Do your homework and talk to ppl who have had some work done by that group before committing. Ask for specials. Ask for samples!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
180 Posts
I second facial exercise and massage! As long as that continues to do what it's doing for me, I won't bother with any other kind of rejuvenation. Why would I? I'm 42 years old; I've never had anything professionally done to my face and thus far I don't even need it. The one thing I would consider is getting the slightest amount of filler in my lips, but I doubt I'll actually do it. For one thing, money is always an issue with me and for another, I'd want to be sure I wouldn't get an over-done trout pout type of look. That just would not work with my facial features.
Anyway, I say do what's right for you and what makes you feel better about yourself, whatever that may be. Just do as Fawnie says and do your homework first!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pain is the problem...not a big fan of it in any form..
And getting one child through college is the other.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The pain is the problem...not a big fan of it in any form..
And getting one child through college is the other.
Pianogirl, Pain Shmain. Remember: Vanity is the best analgesic! Also, do you remember the pain from when your children were born? Of course not! Same thing!

Expensive? Hecka! But you're worth it. All of it. Just choose your procedures/cosmeceuticals/gadgets wisely until that child is out of college and supporting you. You will by then look like the child's sister. Go for it.

Also, go slowly into this, pianogirl. You don't need everything all at once.

You are using glycolics already, that's nice. You could add a vitamin C serum to up the ante a little.

Get an NCNProSkincare.com microfiber cloth for exfoliating. Best $12.50 you will spend today.

Put some Xtend-life moisturizer on (get the body lotion it's the same as the face lotion but cheaper!).

Use an excellent sunscreen with Mexoryl or Tinosorb at least spf 30.

Do your facial exercises and massage faithfully every day of your life.
Then you decide if you still need extensive work done.......you will need less than you think you do.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the glycholics and then metrogel(Rx from the derm) which works great for the Rosacea.
Glycholic wash
Metrogel
Glycholic moisturizer..the Md Forte Cream 1 does break me out but man the places it doesn't look fantastic! I am waiting for the Aqua Glycholic to come.. Interesting that it is a sister product to MD Forte, it actually branched out of them. I guess the pharmacutical industry runs more than we think.

When do I use the Vitamin C ? I have been looking at the cellex- sensitive serum and the skinceuticals.

Also I was reading that the Roche La Posay eye cream has rave reviews. I have dark circles, but I don't use anything around my eyes. I am tired of throwing them all away. I might as well just go to Lourdes, that La Posay water thing sounds really great. I have actually been on airplanes and watched women get out the mist solutions and refresh before landing.

Long ago when Borgehsea(sp) was around I used the Vitamin C Cream for around 100$ didn't do a thing...not one thing. My skin was dull. Maybe that is why they are no longer in business.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
chuck it all and go for the laser, lifts and botox.

So.... I was wandering around the Dermstore the other day and promises promises. Currently waiting for the Aqua Glycolic products from drugstore to go with the MD Forte I am already using...suddenly my mind started to see glowing skin, perfect complection and compliments overflowing. That area fixed,, this one too!!! I was drunk on perfection. But wait a minute, I thought, what about ph balance...now where did I read that. Franticaly I searched and searched but couldn't find it. I have become obsessed! One of those "snap out of it" face smacks from Moonstruck would help.
Then I got to thinking, maybe I should go to the seminar in November that my derm is hosting. The latest on all the gifts, gagets and fix-its...just in time for the holidays...and hey right around the corner from their office is the plastic surgeons office and I have heard that a breast reduction and lift... wraps beautifully in a holiday box with the prettiest gold lame ribbon..

Anybody else go through this?
Heck yes!!! Sign me up pianogirl!! We can go together-
Maybe we could work a deal, I am in need of bigger boobs, so maybe I could get what you don't want? Still wrap that up in a holiday box, with the prettiest .......silver ribbon, as I am not really a fan of gold-

Will that work for you? Just let me know when and where!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Heck yes!!! Sign me up pianogirl!! We can go together-
Maybe we could work a deal, I am in need of bigger boobs, so maybe I could get what you don't want? Still wrap that up in a holiday box, with the prettiest .......silver ribbon, as I am not really a fan of gold-

Will that work for you? Just let me know when and where!!
Count me in...we'll get a group rate!!!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Count me in...we'll get a group rate!!!!
It's a deal!!! Maybe we could even get fawnie to come care for us, since I am not very good when it comes time to sit still and rest- I know fawnie would tie me up and make me!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I am hearing that Thailand has some excellent PS and the fees are far below USA's. Anyone up for a group vacation and medispa visit there? Lexi, give us some guidance.....anyone else familiar with this idea??

Also Costa Rica.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
if you find out how to get big boobs using a non-invasive way, I am all game!
Gain weight-

I also heard evening primrose oil helps. I take it and it hasn't done a bit of good for me-

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am hearing that Thailand has some excellent PS and the fees are far below USA's. Anyone up for a group vacation and medispa visit there? Lexi, give us some guidance.....anyone else familiar with this idea??

Also Costa Rica.
Wow these prices are amazing!!!!!
Plastic Surgery doctors in Costa Rica Board Certified We could all plan a vacation and have our plastic surgery done at the same time! This is what I call a fun time.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Wow these prices are amazing!!!!!
Plastic Surgery doctors in Costa Rica Board Certified We could all plan a vacation and have our plastic surgery done at the same time! This is what I call a fun time.
I spoke with a gal who had a facelift in Costa and was very pleased with the outcome and the level of care there. thanks for the link Toni! I'm likin that Recovery Retreat!

Off topic but, the same gal, who was a journalist and got to travel the world, outsourced her hip replacement to India and got an excellent result there as well, altho the hospital there did not provide meals or nursing care. I would find it confusing to navigate that type of system.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
If I won a million there are three things I would get done- first get rid of some boobs- just too big for my frame, second get the skin from under nose and top lip shortened- too long makes me look old (I'd need a 1/4 inch removed no more than that) then number three Lipo of the thighs and tush..... see all removing.... that would make me feel like a million!...considering I've never won in the lotteries, maybe my time to win will come up soon? got my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
419 Posts
If I won a million there are three things I would get done- just too big for my frame, second get the skin from under nose and top lip shortened- too long makes me look old (I'd need a 1/4 inch removed no more than that) then number three Lipo of the thighs and tush..... see all removing.... that would make me feel like a million!...considering I've never won in the lotteries, maybe my time to win will come up soon? got my fingers crossed!
first get rid of some boobs-

Mony....maybe u can donate some to me

If money was no object I would hire me a personal trainer to get my sorry @ss up in the morning to exercise AND hire a personal chef to prepare me healthy low calories meals. Costa Rica is looking really good to me right now!

·
Registered
419 Posts
WOW for those prices, are you sure we would come out alive?
I sure hope so....they claim that the surgeons are board certified. I would definitely research.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts