Skin Care Talk banner

Is Burnout still good after being reformulated?

11K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  lillyjill 
#1 ·
So I've gone through some sunscreen threads here and I know gymrat recommends Burnout but the posts I've seen are kinda old. I've been thinking about buying Burnout Eco or Burnout Face and Body to wear when I'm just out and about and buying Burnout Ocean to wear when I'm outside doing work and sweating a lot. However when I get on the web and read the reviews everyone says that Burnout's been reformulated within the last couple of years and the product is bad now. They claim the Eco isn't what it used to be and that it leaves a white cast and is chalky now that they raised it from SPF 30 to SPF 35. Some people recommend Face & Body but then a lot of people write horrible reviews for that one too.

Are the Eco and Face & Body still any good? I'd like to get a good 20% zinc sunscreen that doesn't leave a white cast on my face. I'd like it to not clog my pores and cause acne and it would be great if it's rosacea friendly. Some have recommended Devita as far as one that doesn't leave a white cast. Is that really the best option? What about Purple Prarie?

Also, I need a good zinc sunscreen for when I'm working outside and sweating, which is often here in Louisiana. I need something that will stick to my face and not run off into my eyes or off my skin as I sweat. I really need a sunscreen that will stick on good because the humidity in Louisiana is no joke. I was looking at Burnout Ocean. Would that be the right one for me or is there another sunscreen with 20%+ Zinc Oxide out there that will stick on through lots of sweating?

See less See more
#2 ·
Burnout Eco Sensitive was reformulated YEARS ago, and it didn't effect a thing. It still wears like it once did. I still like it, wear it, and purchase it, just as I always have. In my opinion its one of the BEST zinc sunscreens you will ever find. Devita was also reformulated YEARS ago, it did not work well there for awhile, but they have since fixed that, and it is back to how it once was.

I will not make this reply long, as there is PLENTY of info in the sunscreen threads already on these SS you have mentioned. So short and sweet.......here it goes.

PP- great for hot weather, holds up well. Thicker and would not recommend for darker tones.
Devita-great light weight choice for cooler weather, would not recommend for the summer, does not hold up well in heat.

Burnout Face/Body-great choice, leaves no cast for most, light weight, works well, will not clog pores.
Burnout Eco Sensitive-great choice, leaves no cast for most, matte finish, will not clog pores.
Burnout Ocean-great choice, holds up well for warm weather, would not recommend on the face as its a bit heavier, water resistant.
Burnout Natural for Familys- great choice, similar to Ocean version just a bit different ingredients for those looking for "natural" ingredient route. Water resistant.

Burnout does have samples so if interested email them for more details https://www.burnoutsun.com/

#15 ·
I still like it.

#18 ·
@gymrat did you tan at all during your trip? What is your current skin shade and how long did you stay in the sun everyday? thanks !
I am olive complected, and was in the sun daily, in the pool, on the beach, anywhere we went I was in the sun. I applied SS before swimming and once I was out and I did not tan at all. There was one day I thought I got a little color and it was nothing that stuck with me.

If you are persistent with applying Burnout and you wear a hat you will be A OK :thumbsup:. I live in California, so I am used to avoiding the sun, but being in Mexico you are closer to the equator so the sun is completely different there then at home......as long as you are aware of the sun and you take precaution, use a good zinc sunscreen, that is all you can do. :sunshine:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.