Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some very good reviews and I went to a dermatologist that recommended this, but at $125 for .30 fl. oz is too rich for my blood. Does anyone know how I can make it?

I am new and can't post links yet.
The product is IS Clinical Active serum and the ingredients are :

Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Kojic Acid, Menthol, Triethanolamine, Hispagel, Phenoxyethanol.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm not a formulator or chemist, but I suppose you could add arbutin and kojic acid to any glycolic acid product and add aspirin for the salicylic acid. Lac-Hydrin is a lactic acid product that you could add too. I have no idea about the measurements, but you could give it a try! Test it on your hand before trying it on your face, of course

Some DIY sites for raw materials are:

Skinactives.com
GardenofWisdom.com
Makingcosmetics.com
Bulkactives.com

PS - if the derm rec it, ask for samples!!!
Ask if you can get it at his cost.
Check on ebay.
Never never never never never pay full price!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a formulator or chemist, but I suppose you could add arbutin and kojic acid to any glycolic acid product and add aspirin for the salicylic acid. Lac-Hydrin is a lactic acid product that you could add too. I have no idea about the measurements, but you could give it a try! Test it on your hand before trying it on your face, of course

Some DIY sites for raw materials are:

Skinactives.com
GardenofWisdom.com
Makingcosmetics.com
Bulkactives.com

PS - if the derm rec it, ask for samples!!!
Ask if you can get it at his cost.
Check on ebay.
Never never never never never pay full price!!
Thank you luv.
My derm gave me samples and they worked really well. I am just apprehensive about spending that much on such a small amount.
I am going to look into the sites.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much again. I like the whole IS clinical line, but I strongly believe that I can reproduce them myself thanks to my chemistry background and knowledge from this site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts