Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know hyaluronic acid is an extremely popular ingredient. However, after reading this article I'm a bit freaked out and don't know what to make of it all:
http://www.smartskincare.com/skinbiology/skinbiology_hyaluronic-acid.html

I initially set out to research whether I should buy low or high molecular weight HA, since apparently there's some controversy about that, and that's how I landed on this article.
Does anyone have any solid information/experience to share on this?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I'm very surprised that HA may be harmful ... I choose not to buy that argument - Period !!!

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
I'm confused on why this article would freak you out?? HA is a a great serum to keep on hand, I always have a batch in my fridge!! So many great benefit to using HA. Not one thing to be "freaked" out about when it comes to HA.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Gymrat, I love HA serum,would it be possible to add a pre -
made HA serum that Kassy makes,I was thinking adding Niacinamide,Glucousamine,to make a correct gel, for lighting brown spot.Thanks

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
Hi Gymrat, I love HA serum,would it be possible to add a pre -
made HA serum that Kassy makes,I was thinking adding Niacinamide,Glucousamine,to make a correct gel, for lighting brown spot.Thanks
Hi Carla, yes your on the right track. Make your base HA serum then add Niacinamide/Glucos, works perfect this way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, there is an article on this matter ("size does matter"), and it seems that low molecular weight HA is inflammatory, pro-fibrotic...etc.
I would love to use HA but I kinda now freaked out too, because now we will have to know the particles' size of our HA before using it? What do you think?

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
Gymmie, hello, quick one, pls do I have to keep my niacinamide serum in the fridge? Thanks.
Hi @loolah, no you don't have to keep it in the fridge. Cool cabinet is perfectly fine :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
Never heard of this stuff...so @gymrat do you just buy a bottle of this separately and use? Or is this something to look for in ingredients? #clueless
Either or, you can find it in ready made products or you can use it separately over other products.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts