Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading through the threads and some are using the RA and HQ 4% from ADC and some have had success with compounding.

Which is better cost/amount wise per results?

·
Registered
258 Posts
well i think if ur looking at price wise, then def compounding would be the best option, i think its alot cheaper then buyin hq/ra . but u have to be careful when compounding, you have to know what ur doing, so make sure u do ur research if you decide compounding is what u wanna do!!good luck

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
krazycee07's advice is bang-on. In the long run, compounding is definitely the most economical option. ADC is also really cheap. With compounding, you get to tweak the formulations to suit your individual skin needs. Someone allergic to HQ can cook up something containing SW, AR & KJ in an appropriate carrier. Someone very dark looking to ligten a lot all over can make something stronger whereas someone looking to lighten just a little can tweak the recipe accordingly. Freckle or lentigine afflicted people who are white skinned may whip up a high concentration spot lightener to be dotted onto the afflicted areas only. Compounding (once I'm actually good at it
) will avail me of options not commercially available. Actually, that already has happened: you can't buy an HQ 10% cream commercially w/o a 'script'.

With compounding, you have to realistically expect to screw up 2-3 times for every time you get it right, in the beginning. Last week's batch was a real breakthrough: & so simple too. THis week's batch is a sane 10%. The 20 was truly to see if it could be done. Some derms DO prescribe this high a % age but it is usually for >50% vitiligo patients who are black & need to lighten the remaining dark areas to match the vitiligo-affected white ones. Then, the % age is gradually reduced to the minimum the patient can use to maintain results. I had no intention of regularly using 20% HQ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts