Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have bought retin-a 0.025 for my eyes and 0.05 for my face and neck. I have only been using it for a few days, so far so good just wanted to make sure it was ok. I am not really experiencing any dryness or peeling hope it will still work.

For the morning I am looking at a vitamin C serum. I have read you can make our own but is there one that you tried and really liked. There are so many out there, it is hard to choose.

Thank you

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I use RA all over my face. I would recommend starting off every other night until your skin gets used to it. Applying it every night could be a little too much for your skin, especially around the eye area.

As far as Vit C serum, I make my own, have use lots of other brands, and nothing compares to what I can make in my *******-

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
You are very welcome.

Really, make your own serum. VERY easy, and SUPER cheap!!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
i use it under my eyes which is one of the areas i need to tackle
no probs with it except a wee bit of crepiness but that seems to be dying down now. im on 0.025%

·
Registered
56 Posts
I read somewhere that you shouldn't use retin-A under the eyes... only on the outside corners. The reasoning is that Retin A thins out the skin and you don't want the skin under your eyes to thin out. It would make your dark circles more pronounced.

No idea if this is correct. It does make sense, though.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Regarding the Vit C serum, I also make my own. But I recently tried Avalon Organics Vit C serum and it is great stuff. If you would rather buy one, I highly recommend that one. It's inexpensive too!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by nononsensebeauty

I've been told to avoid using Retin A under the eye becaue it can be too irritating. While Retin A takes off the top layer of dead skin cells ( a goood thing), it actually makes the lower layer, the dermis thicker and more like youthful skin. I'm going to try out Tri-luma, the formulation of Retin A that derms recommend for the under eye area.

Where can you get this from?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dermatologist told me it is ok to use under the eye....but carefully.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I use RA .05 under and above my eyes without problems. I'm especially careful to use the tiniest bit above my eyes and never go too close to the lash line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts