Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this isn’t the question you asked, but I am so sorry you’re dealing with discrimination and racism and facing self esteem issues because of it. Beauty is relative. You are beautiful in ANY shade. I see you live in the US as well. I suggest moving (if you are old enough) to a new area where it is less racist and getting around new people who will show you that you truly are gorgeous how you are. If you desire to brighten your skin to clear scars and dark marks and uneven tone , that’s understandable. But never feel like you have to change yourself. And to put it in perspective, I’m mixed (hence my cringe old username) and the darker sibling growing up. I had a sister who was banana yellow, and she called me ********, blackie, etc growing up. I thought I was SO ugly! Then when I grew up I was like , wait a minute. No I’m not! And my best friends had the most beautiful dark chocolate skin that I envy! Lighter skin shows up dark marks more obviously and it’s horrible. My pfp is me, I’ve never bleached or lightened my body or face, I just treat scars and get chemical peels . If you struggle with acne I think just evening your skin tone will help leaps and bounds in your confidence first. Before you entertain such a drastic change in your complexion which will be extremely difficult to do in the first place, without looking like a ghost.! (I think we’ve all seen bleachers who look ashy yellow). In the US we have so many estheticians. See one, or a dermatologist (preferably both), and get on a regimen. Get chemical peels or facial treatments , invest in good products to brighten hyperpigmentation scars and any splotchiness. I think once you see your natural shade 5-6 in its best truest clear form, you will love it! But absolutely go to professionals and do not wreck your skin at home trying to achieve such a drastic result in a short period of time. It’s not worth it! Please consider moving also, like I said. Or getting around people who appreciate you as you are and your gorgeous skin tone. When I realized OTHER people are the problem and not me or my skin, everything changed. Sending love from Memphis .

·
Registered
11 Posts
And by the way, my older sister who is banana yellow and called me a [email protected] baby (that’s what was bleeped out in my previous post) is 4 years older than me and she is NOT aging well. She bleached her skin on top of already being lighter. And she has crows feet, many fine lines, dried out skin and hair, and looks like she’s in costume for White chicks 2 or something. It’s horrifying. So karma always comes in the end. And you’ll find yourself and realize how beautiful you naturally are. I thank God I’m darker than her now. And that I didn’t bleach my skin but rather I improved my tone and faded my scars. You can do this. Best way to say F racism is to beat them not join the dumb beauty standard .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts