Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the makari website they say their products ar 100% natural. look on the bottom what it says here--->

http://www.makari.com/makari-ingredients.html

but some of thos ingredeints dont really sound natural to me....

Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, Sodium Hydroxide. INCI-EUNCI, CI 42090 (FD&C Blue 1), CI 19140 (FD&C Yellow 5), CI 17200 (D&C Red 33 Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate,

what r these chemicals? are they natural or what??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Those are chemical ingredients. They are not necessarily bad, but they definitely aren't natural. products that are truly 100% natural usually don't last very long when stored, so you have to use them up right away or else they will go bad.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sodium Hydroxide is also known as Lye but is an ingredient in soaps and cleaning products, the first ingredient listed is a fragrance but is listed as having problems for some people with sensitivities. I would say these are certainly not all natural ingredients and you have to wonder if you really want this on your face being absorbed by your skin. Google the other ingredients and see what you think. There are legitimate companies who do have all natural products but this does not sound like one of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are legitimate companies who do have all natural products but this does not sound like one of them.
i am trying to find some of these companies who make natural products for lightening skin, but no one really replied.. may be you could recommend something, please?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Skin Actives has a list of products and their natural alternative and they do have a lightening cream they also have some serum you can mix in with your regular cream these products are usually a fraction of the cost of brand names. I think if you are not sure you can email them and tell them what you need. I have bought peptides(the ones Dr Perricone puts in his $150 cream) from them and mixed them with regular face cream and it worked just as well. Garden of Wisdom also has some skin lightening serum and I've bought quite a lot of things from them and have not been disappointed once.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can look up the ingredients on Google or Natural Skincare Authority has reviews on the various ingredients.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I saw Dr. Makari on youtube. He is dark. If his cream works so well, why didn't it lighten & brighten HIM? Remember: natural is a buzzword. It doesn't mean 'safe'. Several lethal poisons & neurotoxins are 100% natural too!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I saw Dr. Makari on youtube. He is dark. If his cream works so well, why didn't it lighten & brighten HIM? Remember: natural is a buzzword. It doesn't mean 'safe'. Several lethal poisons & neurotoxins are 100% natural too!
I don't know about that.

I think the people who made Makari are female. I seriously doubt the creator of the product is a male. Maybe what you saw was a spoof or something.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I am sure about it. This was not a spoof. Dr. Makari is a black man with a moustache. You can see him on youtube today: just go to the site & type "skin lightening cream" into the search bar & there he is! If he is a woman, he is one manly looking & sounding lady!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sure about it. This was not a spoof. Dr. Makari is a black man with a moustache. You can see him on youtube today: just go to the site & type "skin lightening cream" into the search bar & there he is! If he is a woman, he is one manly looking & sounding lady!
To bump a bit.

skin lightening cream doesn't lighten people's skin like people like to think. No ONE can change your biological make up. What does that mean?! Pigment is biological, unless you're taking some crazy pills (which are not good for any person) then you can't lighten your skin. You can help in reverse of skin damage which leads to dark spots on the skin and those can be ligthened. But for a black person to turn light or to have someone with dark skin (naturally) turn light like is nonsense. Sure a person can get a tan, but that tan eventually fades to a natural skin tone. So no cream, no pill or anything can change your pigmentation. Unless you have a skin disease. So I'm surprised you'd expect his products to change his skin colour. That's nonsense.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Vaberella, with all due respect, both Ladonna & myself have successfully lightened our skin. I am in week 6 of treatment & I now need a foundation 2 tones lighter than when I began. This week, I will need to switch again to a lighter tone. It CAN be done: safely & for a reasonable cost. People who suffer damage often have abused some product (harsh rubbing & abraiding the skin, mixing chemicals & getting adverse reactions or applying more often that they're supposed to thinking that more is better). I am not trying to change my biology (you mean genetic heritage) ; just my appearance! When I attain the colour I want, I will switch to a maintenance routine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yes, makari is ver natural. A lot of people are have great results with makari. I myself have not tried makari because its so expensive. I have oily skin And I have heard the horror stories of what it does for oily skin, so be aware. Right now, i just recieve an email saying there porducts are 10% off now. For some reason I just can steare in the direction. I guess its because the bottle are too small for that amount of money. Yes, I am a "broke" college girl...lol. So I cant afford to pruchase those for each month or so. I rather a 16 oz for 70 every 2 months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
"EDTA, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Butlyene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben,"

I just copied that from one of the ingredients lists and thats not even all. Cream. These are not nearly 100% Natural soo I would not hgo to buying their products because they are already lying about being natural... so I wouldnt really trust this company at all.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
makari grossly overcharges for their costly advertizing & fancy packaging. THis type of thing fools some people. Do not be fooled! If you are spot lightening to even your tone on your face only, one of those small package/high cost types of products might suffice (I would NEVER pay anyone that much!). For overall lightening, you need something of a prescription strength. Please do not be duped by the buzz-word 'natural'. Remember that there are many lethal poisons that are perfectly natrual. Natural does not mean 'good' or even 'safe'.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Makari is definitely not a 100% natural, it has chemicals just like every other beauty products but the side effects I got Makari is lethal, it ruined my skin when all i wanted to do was lighten my face. I got breakouts which i never had, dark pigments and as if that was not enough, when i stopped, i got rashes which took about 2 weeks to clear with prescription hydrocortizone and guess what same thing happenned to my sister and my freind so please be careful

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
How long had you beenusing the Makari before you began experiencing these effects?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I used it for about 3 months, no pigments, no breakouts. then after that i started noticing dark pigmentations even though i was getting lighter, then after a month, i started getting breakouts which i never had before and this is not hormonal or anything because as i said before, same thing happenned to my sister, then when i stopped after about an est. of 6 months of use, the rashes!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thank you for sharing this info: you have probably spared others from a bad experience.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts