Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across some forums where people reported that they redarken quite a bit from hydroquinone after sun exposure. But with mequinol, I read you aren't more likely to redarken than normal. Is this true?
And has anyone used mequinol products in the long run?
I came across a cream with 0.01 retin a and 2% mequinol, would it be safe to use in that concentration?
I do practice SAP quite seriously. I don't want to use something that makes my skin very prone to redarkening which is associated with hydroquinone quite a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, Mequinol is infinitely times better then Hydroquinone. The only downside about MQ is that it takes a long time to notice any results, and you'll have to go through a horrible dark and peeling phase.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Mequinol is infinitely times better then Hydroquinone. The only downside about MQ is that it takes a long time to notice any results, and you'll have to go through a horrible dark and peeling phase.
Why would mequinol cause initial darkening? Is that something you experienced? How long would it last?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Why would mequinol cause initial darkening? Is that something you experienced? How long would it last?

I"m doing mequinol right now. From reading all older threads it seems like MQ causes a phase of darkening for about 3-4 mths and i'm noticing it. I'm fair skinned but want to be more like caucasian in complexion so bearing with it but I do look dark and red

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long have you been using it? Are you noticing any increased sensitivity/redness? Hope you ride out the dark phase soon! please keep us updated

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Se
I got it from Etsy seems authentic as I recognize The smell right now I think the darkening has lessened and some slight brightening has started

Have you heard of solage? Its a mequinol and tretinoin formula that is prescribed by doctors in some countries for skin hyperpigmentation. The formula seems to be on the safer side since its only 2% mequinol. Any thoughts on it? Are you using a stronger product or around the same strength range?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also, does this affect the color of your body hair as well? Mine is very dark but I don't want to kill the hair follicle pigments because I intend on getting laser hair removal.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ok,take pictures girl,we are rooting and waiting for your results!!
Hey got a bit lazy during quarantine for. 2 weeks, back on the train at the back of my neck definitely notieced results. Plan to stick to it for this year. Solage has a much lower concentration of mq so I wouldn't rely on it. I make a 15-20% solution of it. The dark phase is still here though. my arms are not lightening as good as i thought but they are getting better.

here is the recipe.

20 gr mequinol
10 ml any serum that contains propylene glycol
70 ml nivea lotion

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ok,take pictures girl,we are rooting and waiting for your results!!
Hey got a bit lazy during quarantine for. 2 weeks, back on the train at the back of my neck definitely notieced results. Plan to stick to it for this year. Solage has a much lower concentration of mq so I wouldn't rely on it. I make a 15-20% solution of it. The dark phase is still here though. my arms are not lightening as good as i thought but they are getting better.

here is the recipe.

20 gr mequinol
10 ml any serum that contains propylene glycol
70 ml nivea lotion
I’ve seen the lotions on Etsy, how long would you say it took you to see results?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts