Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
It depends on what your natural tone is (look at an area that is mostly covered such as your chest area). It's possible to go from NC42 to Mouni Roy's shade if you are willing to put in the work and time it would take. The one major issue is that living in Canada means you can't access most skin lightening products (its even hard to find 500 mg of Glutathione let alone products that contain HQ) so unless you have a way around that it's going to be tricky!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can easily find supplements in the area I live like gluta and I am currently on them for a month ( 500 mg now brand gluta taken x3 a day paired with time released vitamin c- 1000 mg x3 times a day) so far I haven’t noticed much lightening and I’ve just started my exfoliation routine
How long have you been doing it for?
I would try the pills first before moving onto the drip. You could switch to liposomal glutathione and liposomal Vitamin C to see if it gives you better results.
The key difference between liposomal glutathione and reduced glutathione (this is the form the Now Glutathione supplements take) is that liposomal glutathione is an active form of glutathione that exists encapsulated inside a lipid molecule in order to enhance the absorption, while reduced glutathione is an active form of glutathione that does not undergo encapsulation.

Its also good to incorporate Koji San soap (make sure you get an authentic) and exfoliation methods for when you begin, in addition to the vitamins (you can also add NAC and MSM which help increase gluta levels). You can order something called Korean Italy Towels on Amazon and use that to deep exfoliate while in the shower and also start using LA lotions daily.

·
Registered
44 Posts
liposomal in pill form
I think you're on the right track, you can continue to try the NOW glutathione (a lot of people on YouTube say it works but takes time) or switch to liposomal pills (as well as adding other supplements such as NAC and MSM). Obviously supplements alone are not enough and its good your exfoliating, you can also incorporate a skin lightening gel/cream later in the road. Its important to note that you need to skin build a few months after taking supplements and exfoliating (because if you don't take time to do that your skin is going to be looking thin or begin seeing stretch marks so you have to take a break about one week or two weeks and do extensive skin building)

I highly recommend this video:
Its excellent for newbies and it taught me a lot of stuff I never knew before or never knew could happen if not done correctly

·
Registered
44 Posts
That YouTuber has tried so many different products to get to where she is right now.? I won’t recommend her and plus now she sells her own lightening product.
I don’t there is a genuine skin lightening YouTuber.
However, with that said, French speaking ones are more upfront sometimes
A part from her recommendation of Shix glow skin lightening cream: https://www.instagram.com/shixglow/
I think the rest of the information she gives sounds accurate and its something a lot of people on this forum have said as well especially when you begin. Supplements + exfoliation to begin, I'd also recommend adding Koji San. After this, people can incorporate lightening creams (not her product but an actual one lol). A lot of the advice she gave in the video such as skin building is pretty solid too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was wondering, how many people have successfully lightened from a NC 42 to something like Mouni Roy’s skin colour? Is there anyone here with pictures of their before and after and shares their regime
The answer is: Mouni Roy herself lmao
Hair Forehead Nose Face Cheek

This non-celebrity did as well:
Forehead Smile Nose Hair Face

Its doable but takes years and constancy (several people on this sub have had amazing results) so you can try out the regimes shared all over this forum

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm only confused because I've just recently gotten off of gluta and if i were to use hydroquinone now would it affect the gluta that's already in my system?
TBH, I am not too sure as I've read that taking glutathione and using HQ would cause the HQ to be ineffective due to the antioxidants in the glutathione but also read others saying that using HQ diminishes the results of glutathione. Either way, your current glutathione levels (depending on how long you took it and how much) will likely not effect your hydroquinone results or vice-versa

Nonetheless, the bottom line here is that people who took both at the same time have had no results (basically 1 cancels the effects of the other) and some even claim that it darkened them so it would be best to just avoid taking both at once

1 - 9 of 9 Posts