Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

so I have really stubborn dark spots and use hydroquinone to try to erase it as well as Tretinoin. My cheeks get so red it’s unbelievable.
My question is when using such products can I use any sunscreen like the neautrogena spf50 hydro boost water gel. It doesn’t really mention anything about zinc.
or does the sunscreen always have to have zinc.
Could this be a reason as to why my dark spots are not improving?

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
In order to protect your skin so the spots don't darken more, YES you need a sunscreen with zinc. Zinc is also soothing, it will help the redness as it reduces inflammation. Not sure where you are located, but you can find various types of zinc sunscreen online as well. It should be your number one staple and more so if you are using HQ/RA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay great. Just purchased a zinc sunscreen and applied it. Thankyou so much

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
As long as you wear sunscreen that’s the important thing and reapply when outside for prolonged periods of time.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Okay great. Just purchased a zinc sunscreen and applied it. Thankyou so much
Your very welcome! Do stay away from chemical sunscreens as they will just inflame the spots. Stick to physical sunscreens (those that contain zinc), they are much better for the skin and will be less irritating. Do come back and let me know how your skin is doing. But again, the type of cleanser, lotion, etc your using is just as important. So be careful what you applying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts