Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new here and don't really expect a response but I had a quick question!

You know when you get your eyebrows done, and the skin where the hair was removed is significantly lighter? Mine is like 4-5 shades lighter than the rest of my face/body and I was wondering if that is my natural color, and thus easier to achieve via supplements (1000 mgnac, 2000mgliposomal vit c, 5000 mg msm, 500mg milk thistle) chemical exfoliation (Kojic acid, and maybe later AHA and lactic acid?), and non-HQ/non-steroid creams?

I am black but I'm not super dark. Attached are pictures of my current skin color, the under eyebrow color I am talking about/my goal color

current color (before I shaved my brows and could see the color//before I wanted to even skin lighten.)

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 3.39.20 PM.png

the under brow highlight/color I am talking about

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
That is the product of skin not being exposed to sunlight. The hair has protected it, so its like virgin skin. This is why applying sunscreen daily is so crucial.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is the product of skin not being exposed to sunlight. The hair has protected it, so its like virgin skin. This is why applying sunscreen daily is so crucial.
ahhh yes the master admin/sct guru. Thank you for replying @gymrat .
so do you think I would be able to achieve that color all around with the supplements/exfoliants listed above and high zinc oxide containing sunscreen? It seems pretty light and its the color I want, but I know to get really light usually involves hydroquinone and steroids and that's just not a route I'm willing to go. I'm trying to be realistic but if I need to lower my goal color bc of my routine I'd want to start lowering my hopes now, lol:geek:

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
ahhh yes the master admin/sct guru. Thank you for replying @gymrat .
so do you think I would be able to achieve that color all around with the supplements/exfoliants listed above and high zinc oxide containing sunscreen? It seems pretty light and its the color I want, but I know to get really light usually involves hydroquinone and steroids and that's just not a route I'm willing to go. I'm trying to be realistic but if I need to lower my goal color bc of my routine I'd want to start lowering my hopes now, lol:geek:
To achieve, it will take lots of work. The hardest part for most is being faithful to sunscreen every single day. If you get in the habit of doing this, its a start in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts