Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
To avoid tanning altogether, I would seriously consider buying one of those UV Umbrellas.

Ok. So there are good sunscreens that are physical AND clear? Because that white cast is ridiculous lol
I have medium brown skin (NC40 in MAC colors). Devita used to go totally clear on me. I stopped using it b/c they changed formula but it looks like they're not back to the old formula.

Another option is to get tinted sunscreen. I use Juice Beauty CC Cream on weekdays when going to work. It has 20% Zinc and comes in 5 different shades.

Sometimes i buy tinted sunscreen so it doesn't look weird when I wear a lot of it. I've found that I just need to wear more of it and keep reapplying whenever i can instead of getting really high SPF. I use badger sunscreen and it works well, but it's really pasty white. They have a tinted version now but I think it'll probably be too light for me still. If you're outside and don't have a lot of time to reapply, i recommend getting one of those brush-on powder sunscreens to reapply quickly (but i wouldn't use that alone), which are usually translucent or come in different shades. You can also get uv protective clothes, though I'm not sure how well those work and they won't cover your face. To increase spf, i have bought zinc oxide powder and mixed it with regular sunscreen, though it makes it even more white. I think i might buy loose bronzing powder to mix in it or brush on top so that it doesn't look so bad.

would higher spf sunscreen prevent tanning?
The higher the SPF # the less difference it makes in the sun protection. For example, you get a bigger increase in protection moving from SPF 15 to SPF 30 than you would if you moved from SPF 50 to SPF 65.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.