Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. i did my first 44% lactid acid peel two days ago. my face was on fire and even after neutralizing with baking soda it kept burning. it was red and painful above my right eye brow and my left cheek. today those spots got really dark and i feel like it might be a burn but i’m not sure. i haven’t started peeling yet but my skin feels tight and dry.

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
Lactic Acid wouldn't do this, I would check where you purchased from and contact them. It wasn't "lactic acid" you used. Also, you don't need to neutralize lactic acid, you just wash it off with soap and water. Would not peel your skin would be more flaking if anything.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
That peel is basically a strong one. Those dark spots are going to dry up, scab and then peel naturally. It’s imperative that you don’t try to peel or exfoliate your skin during this time, just keep moisturizing and using only water to wash your face. The tightness will turn to flaky skin. You’ll get your skin back, but discontinue using anything on your face for a week or so.

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
Seeing that the OP used 88% on their feet with occluding, leads me to believe they used 88% on their face as well.....

I've used every acid under the sun to know how each one responds. TCA would do this, LA highly unlikely if used correctly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How long did you leave the LA on for? And did you do anything to your face before your peel (use retin-A or any active)?
almost ten minutes and no i didn’t use anything 24 hrs prior to the peel.
Seeing that the OP used 88% on their feet with occluding, leads me to believe they used 88% on their face as well.....

I've used every acid under the sun to know how each one responds. TCA would do this, LA highly unlikely if used correctly.
no i diluted it to 44%.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
hi guys. i did my first 44% lactid acid peel two days ago. my face was on fire and even after neutralizing with baking soda it kept burning. it was red and painful above my right eye brow and my left cheek. today those spots got really dark and i feel like it might be a burn but i’m not sure. i haven’t started peeling yet but my skin feels tight and dry.
Yes, you've burnt your skin.
The next time I suggest you tu prepare your skin1-2 weeks before your peel session.
You could prepare it with manual exfoliation, emollient or a retin-a (if you use it, stop it several day before the peeling).
44% is too strong for the first time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, you've burnt your skin.
The next time I suggest you tu prepare your skin1-2 weeks before your peel session.
You could prepare it with manual exfoliation, emollient or a retin-a (if you use it, stop it several day before the peeling).
44% is too strong for the first time.
ok i’ll do that next time. thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts