Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took HQ the first time and had a nice shade. I failed to maintain it and all I was using was a Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50.

Now I'll be using a few different physical sunscreens
MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Fluid SPF 50+ PA++++ | Sunscreen for Women Men Kids with Sensitive Acne Prone Skin | Sunblock Lotion for Face and Body | 6.76 fl.oz. by MAKEPREM

La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra-Light Fluid Broad Spectrum SPF 50, Face Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, Oil-Free , 1.7 Fl. Oz.

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 and Sunboost ATB - Lightweight, Quick-Absorbing Sunscreen Nourishes and Moisturizes Skin (60ml/2.0oz)

All these are all Physical Suncreens

Also I'll be using Retin-a /
Lemonvate Brightening Cream 50g/ Facemask

Neoprosone Vit C Brightening Body Lotion 500ml

I'm not entirely sure how long I'll be using the HQ for it has a few other things added into it (Kojic Acid and some other things) I'll probably use it for a few months/ weeks then slowly start to wean off it using what I mentioned above.

Thoughts? Can you guys recommend anything I could possibly add?

·
Administrator
33,721 Posts
Find better sunscreens, those you have selected......the first one I wouldn't trust, if they don't list the ingredient listing it isn't worth your time/money.
The second one contains 6% zinc, the third one contains 6.4%. None of these are going to protect you enough when you are using HQ. Find a physical SS with at least 10% zinc, and even more if you live in a warm climate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Find better sunscreens, those you have selected......the first one I wouldn't trust, if they don't list the ingredient listing it isn't worth your time/money.
The second one contains 6% zinc, the third one contains 6.4%. None of these are going to protect you enough when you are using HQ. Find a physical SS with at least 10% zinc, and even more if you live in a warm climate.
I
I also ordered something called Burn Out hopefully it doesn’t have a significant amount of white cast and I also just found some sunscreen in my cabinet that has 9% Zinc but you’re right I do need something with a lot more since I live in a warm climate. But sunscreen a side what do you think about everything else?

·
Administrator
33,721 Posts
I also ordered something called Burn Out hopefully it doesn’t have a significant amount of white cast and I also just found some sunscreen in my cabinet that has 9% Zinc but you’re right I do need something with a lot more since I live in a warm climate. But sunscreen a side what do you think about everything else?
Which Burnout did you order they have several versions.
The rest looks fine. What % of RA are you using and how often?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
19 Posts
No problem. The first time I used it , I woke up and it lightened me a significant amount.
Wow that sounds so good ugh at this point I gotta stop being shy and just ask my dermatologist to compound me something because it's so hard finding a reliable hq product these days 😞

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noted, thanks for responding! :)
Wow that sounds so good ugh at this point I gotta stop being shy and just ask my dermatologist to compound me something because it's so hard finding a reliable hq product these days 😞
Well I originally went to my dermatologist for hyperpigmentation. I had no intention on skin lightening at the time, so maybe if you go under that guise it'll work? If you have pigmentation. I wish, I could be more direct with my dermatologist though instead of being deceitful

·
Registered
19 Posts
My derma would prescribe me pretty much anything I ask for, I just feel so weird straight up asking 😭Maybe I'll ask for something for my pih darkened elbows when I see her next week.. The cream I'm using right now is only making me darker so I really need to hop off of it to something else fast! Thank you again for all of the info, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I took HQ the first time and had a nice shade. I failed to maintain it and all I was using was a Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50.

Now I'll be using a few different physical sunscreens
MAKEP:REM UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Fluid SPF 50+ PA++++ | Sunscreen for Women Men Kids with Sensitive Acne Prone Skin | Sunblock Lotion for Face and Body | 6.76 fl.oz. by MAKEPREM

La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra-Light Fluid Broad Spectrum SPF 50, Face Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, Oil-Free , 1.7 Fl. Oz.

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 and Sunboost ATB - Lightweight, Quick-Absorbing Sunscreen Nourishes and Moisturizes Skin (60ml/2.0oz)

All these are all Physical Suncreens

Also I'll be using Retin-a /
Lemonvate Brightening Cream 50g/ Facemask

Neoprosone Vit C Brightening Body Lotion 500ml

I'm not entirely sure how long I'll be using the HQ for it has a few other things added into it (Kojic Acid and some other things) I'll probably use it for a few months/ weeks then slowly start to wean off it using what I mentioned above.

Thoughts? Can you guys recommend anything I could possibly add?
I can't get my hands on any of the high price ones but i did run into Neutrogena Sheer Zinc. It has 21.6% Zinc Oxide. It says sheer but comes off white. I mix a little lotion with it so i won't be so chalky looking. Try finding it at CVS until you get your hands on the good stuff

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't get my hands on any of the high price ones but i did run into Neutrogena Sheer Zinc. It has 21.6% Zinc Oxide. It says sheer but comes off white. I mix a little lotion with it so i won't be so chalky looking. Try finding it at CVS until you get your hands on the good stuff
I'll check it out. I wore BurnOut today and my barber was like what happened to you? You look Freaky!. I looked in the mirror and apparently BurnOut leaves a whitecast :rolleyes:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll check it out. I wore BurnOut today and my barber was like what happened to you? You look Freaky!. I looked in the mirror and apparently BurnOut leaves a whitecast :rolleyes:
The Neutrogena one does too. I mix lotion with so it won't look so chalky. I have yet to find a completely sheer Zinc Oxide sunblock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Neutrogena one does too. I mix lotion with so it won't look so chalky. I have yet to find a completely sheer Zinc Oxide sunblock.
Honestly I'm probably just going to use a Chemical/Physical sunscreen or a Chemical Sunscreen long-term after I get done using HQ. Thanks for the input though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts