Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have had a weird thing on my arm for about 3 weeks now. At first it started out as a bunch of bite looking things in a circle on my arm. And my roomate got bit by fleas only the day before so I figured it was fleas. But now 3 weeks later it is like a full blown giant red circle on my forearm. I work at petsmart and have to deal with animals a lot and we often have animals with ringworm. The problem is ive had it for so long and has not spread to anyone and hasnt even spread on me. The starting circle has filled in and got really red, but thats all that has happend. It has also started to get kind of a purple tint to it. Cant really see it in the picture but it does appear purply sometimes, and it is also like my skin is peeling or something on it. Oh and it ITCHES LIKE CRAZY! I would go to the doctor but I really dont have the money to go in there. I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be? Any help at all would be appriciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it is ringworm. I went to the petsmart nurses. One of the cats in petsmarts adoption center had ringworm so bad it had it in its insides. But the nurse said I have ringworm that comes from a cat, and it can only be spread to animals not humans, and so far it has held true because I have had it for 3 weeks and no one else has got it. I got some athlete foot cream to treat it. Thanks though, I couldnt seem to find a picture that looked like mine at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have heard of ringworm being caught from infected cats. No answer why no one else has one as well just lucky you!!

Yours is the largest ringworm I have seen I would have to say. Hope the creme works for you. Ensure you do keep using it until the ringworm is not visible at all. This may take several weeks of treatment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts