Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From this to this
the second picture is the colour of my hands, feet, breast area and some other parts while the rest is the first one. do you think this is realistic and what can i do to make this happen?

i currently use kojie san soap, the ordinary vit c and 5% glycolic toner. i've ordered lactic acid peel 20% for my face and will be doing these weekly. is there anything else? and i use SPF and stay out of the sun!

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Look into this serum called Dear Skin Tranex, it’s got kojic acid 5%, tranexamic acid 5%, vitamin c glycolic and other lightening agents. They will it on Amazon and yes that is a very achievable goal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look into this serum called Dear Skin Tranex, it’s got kojic acid 5%, tranexamic acid 5%, vitamin c glycolic and other lightening agents. They will it on Amazon and yes that is a very achievable goal.
I will look into this :) glad to know its realistic
Do you use it am and pm?

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
I will look into this :) glad to know its realistic
Do you use it am and pm?
I have not used it myself but I researched the ingredients and these have a very high percentage of lightening actives. You can use it twice a day if your skin can handle it. Use with moisturizer and also use sunscreen during the day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not used it myself but I researched the ingredients and these have a very high percentage of lightening actives. You can use it twice a day if your skin can handle it. Use with moisturizer and also use sunscreen during the day.
have you tried lactic acid peels? if so, what was your experience with them? did they whiten your skin?
thanks i'll research this :)

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
have you tried lactic acid peels? if so, what was your experience with them? did they whiten your skin?
thanks i'll research this :)
I did a long time ago, I used a very high percentage and it basically burned the top layer of my skin which I took care of and healed within a week with no marks. I am going to order some for the leftover marks on my back and chest from eczema. It’s the best peel to use for skin of color.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did a long time ago, I used a very high percentage and it basically burned the top layer of my skin which I took care of and healed within a week with no marks. I am going to order some for the leftover marks on my back and chest from eczema. It’s the best peel to use for skin of color.
thats good :)
i've got 20% and i'm going to do them weekly starting tomorrow. do you think if increase the % week by week i could see really good whitening results (abit like above) in 3/4 months?

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Are you using on your face? If so then you can even use it twice a week at 20% anything more than that would be like once a week and yes. Make sure to moisturize and use sunscreen after you use the peel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you using on your face? If so then you can even use it twice a week at 20% anything more than that would be like once a week and yes. Make sure to moisturize and use sunscreen after you use the peel.
yes i will use it on my face and maybe body aswell. thats cool :) i'll see if i can tolerate it then use it twice a week
i will make sure i use spf! do i need to neutralise with baking soda and water when im ready to wash the peel off?

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
You can wash it off with water if it doesn’t burn or the tingling doesn’t last. If it really burns can you can’t handle it then go ahead and use baking soda and water to neutralize.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Phoenix,
I’ve only tried the 50% lactic acid peel. If you would like to do the 80%, have your neutralizer handy, apply it, wait a few minutes, if it burns so bad you don’t handle it then neutralize right away, it not then wash off with cool water within 5 mins. Patch test on the back of your ear first and see how it goes. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can wash it off with water if it doesn’t burn or the tingling doesn’t last. If it really burns can you can’t handle it then go ahead and use baking soda and water to neutralize.
i did the 20% lactic acid today! it did sting but i kept it on for 4 minutes :) i just used cold water to wash it off. my skin already looks bright

i will do my body tomorrow but how quickly shall i move up the next strength for my face?

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
What is the next strength? Go ahead and apply moisturizer after the peel and keep using moisturizer day and night. If you’re ready you can do another peel in a week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is the next strength? Go ahead and apply moisturizer after the peel and keep using moisturizer day and night. If you’re ready you can do another peel in a week.
next strength is 40% what i will do is use 20% for 3/4 times and then move onto the 40% i will basically try and finish the 50ml bottle by using it on my face and some body parts

i used 20% yesterday and my face looks so bright it actually looks like the white is coming through haha! i regret wasting money on the ordinary. lactic acid peels are sooo good

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Moisturizing keeps the skin from drying out and getting dark/irritated. It also accelerated the peeling by softening the skin.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts