Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
i moisturised 12 hours after but where does it say you cant moisturise? can i use water to wash my face?
Most of the peel instructions I've read, but I've not heard anything on this from a professional. If what @LightenNLift is saying is legit, I wouldn't risk it and would probably moisturize but maybe not over moisturize straight after a peel. This is what I've been doing and its working fine

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Most of the peel instructions I've read, but I've not heard anything on this from a professional. If what @LightenNLift is saying is legit, I wouldn't risk it and would probably moisturize but maybe not over moisturize straight after a peel. This is what I've been doing and its working fine
i never did it straight after i only splashed my face with cold water tbh. the morning after i used a moisturiser

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guys I’m the same shade as OP, maybe darker?

how can I achieve her goal?

What routines do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Do what works best for your skin, I have learned to just air on the side of caution.
my skin is peeling. some parts turned brown but are flaking off is this a good sign? i haven't rubbed anything. i just wash my face with warm water and moisturise with nivea. i might do another 20% tomorrow so its 2x a week (20%)

·
Registered
181 Posts
No, I don’t use carotein or any of the stuff you would find in a beauty supply store because Idk trust issues I guess
Beta Carotene the pigment that causes carrots to be orange. High in Vitamin A and and a natural brightener.

If I can find a natural serum that has it I would totally use it!

But as far as BSS items that claim to have it... yeah it’s definitely sketchy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No, I don’t use carotein or any of the stuff you would find in a beauty supply store because Idk trust issues I guess
I agree wtih you, it's the same with me. I DIY. But their ingredients list seems to have no harmful ingredients or fragrances so I've decided to try it out for a few months.

Have you tried finding their company website? I could never.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Beta Carotene the pigment that causes carrots to be orange. High in Vitamin A and and a natural brightener.

If I can find a natural serum that has it I would totally use it!

But as far as BSS items that claim to have it... yeah it’s definitely sketchy.
Have you tried to DIY? it might be an option.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have you tried to DIY? it might be an option.
You’re onto something because I never really thought of making my own. I’ve bought carrot oil to use on my skin which provides a lot of beta carotene.I’m gonna look into see if I can find some tutorials because I do like the glow it gives me. Better carotene gives a yellow undertone. I’m sure it will offset the white paleness glutathione gives.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
If essential oils don’t break you guys out and your skin tolerates it well, then just use carrot oil directly on your skin and layer a moisturizer over it to ensure no irritation. Carrot oil definitely does give brown skin a nice orange/yellow hue - I agree.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yes that’s a great sign! Please don’t forcefully peel off the dried skin and let it naturally wash off.
when i wash my face with warm water and put moisturiser on it softens it and just comes right off! super excited to do my peel today

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
i did the 20% lactic acid today! it did sting but i kept it on for 4 minutes :) i just used cold water to wash it off. my skin already looks bright

i will do my body tomorrow but how quickly shall i move up the next strength for my face?
You don't need to neutralize lactic acid of any strength, removing with soap and water is perfect. You want to remove it, so use more then just a splash of water.

And yes moisturizing after removing the peel is perfectly fine. I always apply a thin layer of jojoba oil after my LA peels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
From this to this
the second picture is the colour of my hands, feet, breast area and some other parts while the rest is the first one. do you think this is realistic and what can i do to make this happen?

i currently use kojie san soap, the ordinary vit c and 5% glycolic toner. i've ordered lactic acid peel 20% for my face and will be doing these weekly. is there anything else? and i use SPF and stay out of the sun!

Add weekly body scrub and continue you are on the right track.
It took me six months to get to where I am and still going.good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
You don't need to neutralize lactic acid of any strength, removing with soap and water is perfect. You want to remove it, so use more then just a splash of water.

And yes moisturizing after removing the peel is perfectly fine. I always apply a thin layer of jojoba oil after my LA peels.
i've done my second LA 20% peel and i'm peeling more than i did the first time. is this normal?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts