Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
perfect :)

so far i've done 2/3 20% lactic peels. they work so well and i haven't used any other whitening products lol
when do you think i should move onto 40%? x
Do a series of 6 peels and see how your skin looks. You may not need to bump up to 40%. Are you applying them every week?

So happy to hear you are liking the results so far, keep it up (y)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Do a series of 6 peels and see how your skin looks. You may not need to bump up to 40%. Are you applying them every week?

So happy to hear you are liking the results so far, keep it up (y)
I will do 2 more. Ive been doing them weekly but i might try and do it twice a week

Idk what will get me to my ideal shade (the colour of my hands chest and other areas) is like the goal in the OP i made i will see it goes and then get 40% x

For maintanence is it a good idea to do 20% once a week /two?

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
I will do 2 more. Ive been doing them weekly but i might try and do it twice a week

Idk what will get me to my ideal shade (the colour of my hands chest and other areas) is like the goal in the OP i made i will see it goes and then get 40% x

For maintanence is it a good idea to do 20% once a week /two?
Lactic is recommended as a weekly peel not 2x a week. Try increasing the % to 30% and use it weekly, see if that makes a difference for you @lily21

Are you using sunscreen when you are outside? You don't want to put all this time in on trying to make some progress, only to take steps backwards when you don't protect your skin from the sun. So be sure when your out, stay in the shade, cover up and or use a good sunscreen to protect yourself.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Lactic is recommended as a weekly peel not 2x a week. Try increasing the % to 30% and use it weekly, see if that makes a difference for you @lily21

Are you using sunscreen when you are outside? You don't want to put all this time in on trying to make some progress, only to take steps backwards when you don't protect your skin from the sun. So be sure when your out, stay in the shade, cover up and or use a good sunscreen to protect yourself.
oh okay somebody said on here i can use 20% twice a week. i've been using it weekly though. i think what i will do is keep using 20% for july, 40% for august, 60-80% in september. i think its better that way. they are so addictive lol i cant believe i was going to waste £2000 on picosure which probably would have done shit all.

and yes i am. i wear spf 50 and i wear a mask on with a summer hat. i avoid going out in the sun even with spf but if i have to go i wear spf, mask and a hat! when im in my bedroom my curtains are closed anyway (im not a vampire lol xD)

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
oh okay somebody said on here i can use 20% twice a week. i've been using it weekly though. i think what i will do is keep using 20% for july, 40% for august, 60-80% in september. i think its better that way. they are so addictive lol i cant believe i was going to waste £2000 on picosure which probably would have done shit all.

and yes i am. i wear spf 50 and i wear a mask on with a summer hat. i avoid going out in the sun even with spf but if i have to go i wear spf, mask and a hat! when im in my bedroom my curtains are closed anyway (im not a vampire lol xD)
Awesome job on the sun avoidance!! It will pay off, I promise (y)
Peels can be addicting, I applied a fade peel tonight, I figure by the end of the week, my skin should be looking fresh ;)

Let me know how you do with increasing your lactic. Be careful going from 20% to 40%.......you might want to consider just going to 30%. Gradually increase as you see your skin is able to tolerate it. Rather be safe then sorry!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey! What type of lactic acid do you buy? I can just look for it on amazon? Currently i use kojic acid soap and amlactin, i am maybe a shade lighter than op but i want to be her goal too all over my body!. Thank you

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Awesome job on the sun avoidance!! It will pay off, I promise (y)
Peels can be addicting, I applied a fade peel tonight, I figure by the end of the week, my skin should be looking fresh ;)

Let me know how you do with increasing your lactic. Be careful going from 20% to 40%.......you might want to consider just going to 30%. Gradually increase as you see your skin is able to tolerate it. Rather be safe then sorry!
yes! its just healthier overall to have your skin protected and for ageing. haha ikr they are sooo addicting! i literally stopped using kojie acid soap and vit c lol i'm just doing weekly LA peels

i will let you know x
and i'm going to do around 6 - 20% ones and then maybe try 40% i will be careful though. the lactic acid brand i use (i want to keep it the same) goes from 20-40-60-80! and btw my forehead isn't really peeling but everything else is? do i put more LA on my forehead? x

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
yes! its just healthier overall to have your skin protected and for ageing. haha ikr they are sooo addicting! i literally stopped using kojie acid soap and vit c lol i'm just doing weekly LA peels

i will let you know x
and i'm going to do around 6 - 20% ones and then maybe try 40% i will be careful though. the lactic acid brand i use (i want to keep it the same) goes from 20-40-60-80! and btw my forehead isn't really peeling but everything else is? do i put more LA on my forehead? x
The forehead can take time to get it to budge. Its tougher skin then the rest of the face. Do you use retin A? If you use RA the week leading up to your peels you will see your peels work better. It may help the stubborn areas like your forehead, also the chin area. I would not recommend using RA for those just starting out with peels, but for the more experienced peelers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The forehead can take time to get it to budge. Its tougher skin then the rest of the face. Do you use retin A? If you use RA the week leading up to your peels you will see your peels work better. It may help the stubborn areas like your forehead, also the chin area. I would not recommend using RA for those just starting out with peels, but for the more experienced peelers.
no i dont use retin A. hmm okay i dont really want to use anything else atm. should i just an extra layer of la on my forehead?

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
no i dont use retin A. hmm okay i dont really want to use anything else atm. should i just an extra layer of la on my forehead?
Extra layer doesn't change the % of the LA peel it would still penetrate the same.

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
ah okay so as i increase the % my forehead will peel more?
Yes, its possible. But just because your not seeing any flaking etc, doesn't mean it isn't happening. Most times when you use LA and GA your exfoliation isn't noticeable to the natural eye. So don't get over jealous hoping to see flaking, etc.

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
Hey! What type of lactic acid do you buy? I can just look for it on amazon? Currently i use kojic acid soap and amlactin, i am maybe a shade lighter than op but i want to be her goal too all over my body!. Thank you
Bulkactives Makingcosmetics, Lotioncrafters, etc sell Lactic Acid. But this one would work as well......

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
I thought you were against buying acids from Amazon/Ebay sellers?
Ebay absolutely wouldn't purchase peels or acid from (unless sold from a legit company).......Amazon as long as its a legit company which the one I posted is. Amazon is far from Ebay, not even in the same league.

Majority of Ebay products have not been formulated in registered, quality-controlled FDA Lab facilities. Quality-control ensures the purity and safety of the product. FDA Lab Registered facilities are monitored (unannounced visits by FDA reps), and must adhere to strict GMP (good manufacturing practices). FDA Lab formulated products ensure you are getting products handled by certified chemists, working in quality-controlled laboratory facilities registered with the FDA. FDA lab formulated products come with certifications that are kept on-file for proof of formulation. That's your guarantee the product advertised is indeed what you are receiving.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
how long do you think it will take to achieve my desired goal above? i've been using 20% LA peels weekly I think i'm on the 5th one so far

·
Administrator
33,730 Posts
how long do you think it will take to achieve my desired goal above? i've been using 20% LA peels weekly I think i'm on the 5th one so far
If your not seeing noticeable change after 5 weeks I would bump up the % of LA peels your using.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts