Skin Care Talk banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I thought you were against buying acids from Amazon/Ebay sellers?
I live in the uk and theres barely any la peels on amazon. I got mine from the ebay from purebrightskincare. They sell loads of brightening products and have 99% positive reviews

·
Administrator
33,726 Posts
I live in the uk and theres barely any la peels on amazon. I got mine from the ebay from purebrightskincare. They sell loads of brightening products and have 99% positive reviews
Could be why your not seeing noticeable results......just looking at their packaging, I wouldn't waste my $, I'm being completely honest! You can't be so eager to try something that you throw money away without thinking about where this product is being made/packaged, etc, and what does it actually contain.

You have to have better options in the UK then this place.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Could be why your not seeing noticeable results......just looking at their packaging, I wouldn't waste my $, I'm being completely honest! You can't be so eager to try something that you throw money away without thinking about where this product is being made/packaged, etc, and what does it actually contain.

You have to have better options in the UK then this place.
i have seen results but im not at my goal (in the op) yet. i can't find any lactic acid peels the only ones are either too higher % Splendora Lactic Acid Peel 50% - Skin Peel - Dry Skin, Razor Bumps, Scarring, Eczema & Dermatitis, Stretch Marks, Sun Damage: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

i dont want to dilute and what not. are you able to find me one please?

·
Administrator
33,726 Posts
i have seen results but im not at my goal (in the op) yet. i can't find any lactic acid peels the only ones are either too higher % Splendora Lactic Acid Peel 50% - Skin Peel - Dry Skin, Razor Bumps, Scarring, Eczema & Dermatitis, Stretch Marks, Sun Damage: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

i dont want to dilute and what not. are you able to find me one please?
Ok so I found lactic on Amazon UK the link is below......it is sold by a legit company that sells fragrance oils, carrier oils, and other soap making supplies (I checked it out thoroughly). It is 80%, and although I know you say you "don't" want to dilute it, it really is simple to do, and once you have the LA you can make yourself peels and LA lotion. Its really simple, I will walk you through it (y)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Repsol-Distilled-Water-1-L/dp/B00NVMJ6HW/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3PWDRHYIIULZ9&dchild=1&keywords=distilled+water&qid=1596428980&sprefix=distil,aps,307&sr=8-8

OR you can use Rose Water, it will work the same as distilled water

And this would make a good base lotion for LA lotion, if and when you wanted to make it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Ok so I found lactic on Amazon UK the link is below......it is sold by a legit company that sells fragrance oils, carrier oils, and other soap making supplies (I checked it out thoroughly). It is 80%, and although I know you say you "don't" want to dilute it, it really is simple to do, and once you have the LA you can make yourself peels and LA lotion. Its really simple, I will walk you through it (y)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Repsol-Distilled-Water-1-L/dp/B00NVMJ6HW/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3PWDRHYIIULZ9&dchild=1&keywords=distilled+water&qid=1596428980&sprefix=distil,aps,307&sr=8-8

OR you can use Rose Water, it will work the same as distilled water

And this would make a good base lotion for LA lotion, if and when you wanted to make it.
Ok i will get that one and chuck my other one away. i just ordered the la, distilled water (4l of them because thats the minimum) and vaseline lotion.

because i've done 20% i kind of want to do 30% or 40% will it depend on how many tablespoons? also with the lotion will i just have to put a few tablespoons in the lotion? i hate mess lmao

Thanks so much btw xx

·
Administrator
33,726 Posts
Ok i will get that one and chuck my other one away. i just ordered the la, distilled water (4l of them because thats the minimum) and vaseline lotion.

because i've done 20% i kind of want to do 30% or 40% will it depend on how many tablespoons? also with the lotion will i just have to put a few tablespoons in the lotion? i hate mess lmao

Thanks so much btw xx
Why don't you split the lotion in 2 when it arrives and make one 20% and save the other for 30%. Once I know exactly how much base lotion you are using I can tell you how much LA to add. It won't be a mess. Remove the lotion from the container, put it in a bowl, mix the LA with the lotion, then put into a glass jar or the original container. If you put it back into the original container, scoop the lotion into n a zip lock bag, make a hole in the corner, squeeze it back into the container. Its that easy! You have to remove the lotion in order to mix the LA with it. It won't evenly mix if you just add the LA to the lotion container.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Why don't you split the lotion in 2 when it arrives and make one 20% and save the other for 30%. Once I know exactly how much base lotion you are using I can tell you how much LA to add. It won't be a mess. Remove the lotion from the container, put it in a bowl, mix the LA with the lotion, then put into a glass jar or the original container. If you put it back into the original container, scoop the lotion into n a zip lock bag, make a hole in the corner, squeeze it back into the container. Its that easy! You have to remove the lotion in order to mix the LA with it. It won't evenly mix if you just add the LA to the lotion container.
can i make the entire lotion 30%? ah okay so i basically squeeze all the lotion in a bowl, mix the LA (depends on the tablespoons) and then put it back in the original container through a whole in a bag! can't wait for my stuff to come tomorrow. just want to get started lol

do you get results quickly though the lotion too? thanks again xx

·
Administrator
33,726 Posts
can i make the entire lotion 30%? ah okay so i basically squeeze all the lotion in a bowl, mix the LA (depends on the tablespoons) and then put it back in the original container through a whole in a bag! can't wait for my stuff to come tomorrow. just want to get started lol

do you get results quickly though the lotion too? thanks again xx
Yes you will see results when you use the peel along with using the LA lotion. They both will work well together! Once you get your lotion just tell me the mls of the container and I will give you the measurements of how much LA to add. I will also explain how to make the peel. You will do great, just listen and follow directions, and you can't go wrong.

You just don't want to start out too strong, you can always increase but can't ever decrease once you've applied something.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yes you will see results when you use the peel along with using the LA lotion. They both will work well together! Once you get your lotion just tell me the mls of the container and I will give you the measurements of how much LA to add. I will also explain how to make the peel. You will do great, just listen and follow directions, and you can't go wrong.

You just don't want to start out too strong, you can always increase but can't ever decrease once you've applied something.
i got my packages :) the lotion is 400ml and the lactic acid has 1kg

·
Administrator
33,726 Posts
i got my packages :) the lotion is 400ml and the lactic acid has 1kg
YAY, that came quick!! Whats the % of the Lactic Acid? 80% ? If it is and you want to make the 400ml 30%, you will need to add 8 ounces of lactic to it. Or..... you can cut the lotion in half, use 200ml and add 4 ounces of LA, that would make it 30%.

If the LA isn't 80% don't mix anything until you give me that info (y)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
YAY, that came quick!! Whats the % of the Lactic Acid? 80% ? If it is and you want to make the 400ml 30%, you will need to add 8 ounces of lactic to it. Or..... you can cut the lotion in half, use 200ml and add 4 ounces of LA, that would make it 30%.

If the LA isn't 80% don't mix anything until you give me that info (y)
LA bottle is 80% yes. okay so 8 ounces is around 12.8 tablespoons (UK) i want to just make the lotion all 30%. shall i get a bowl and empty the vaseline and then add 12.8 spoons, mix then scoop up and put in a plastic wallet and pinch a whole to put it back in the vaseline container?

·
Administrator
33,726 Posts
LA bottle is 80% yes. okay so 8 ounces is around 12.8 tablespoons (UK) i want to just make the lotion all 30%. shall i get a bowl and empty the vaseline and then add 12.8 spoons, mix then scoop up and put in a plastic wallet and pinch a whole to put it back in the vaseline container?
8 ounces is 16 tablespoons (US) and yes you got it, that's exactly what you would do ;) can't wait to hear how you do with this.........so proud of you taking the plunge at LA lotion. Once you do it your going to realize what a cake walk it is!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
8 ounces is 16 tablespoons (US) and yes you got it, that's exactly what you would do ;) can't wait to hear how you do with this.........so proud of you taking the plunge at LA lotion. Once you do it your going to realize what a cake walk it is!
oh its 16 in uk aswell i think. idk why i said 12.8 lol.

i just made my LA lotion! it was pretty easy tbh i kinda freaked out about putting the mixture in a plastic zip wallet but when i cut the edge it just squeezed out with no mess. the texture of it is like a gel almost really smooth!

the leftovers in the bowl i used on my body and i could feel a tingle but it was honestly fine!! when i used it on my face it tingled a bit more but still ok. how often shall i use this lotion? after showering daily? and will i see peeling or is that just with the peels

·
Administrator
33,726 Posts
oh its 16 in uk aswell i think. idk why i said 12.8 lol.

i just made my LA lotion! it was pretty easy tbh i kinda freaked out about putting the mixture in a plastic zip wallet but when i cut the edge it just squeezed out with no mess. the texture of it is like a gel almost really smooth!

the leftovers in the bowl i used on my body and i could feel a tingle but it was honestly fine!! when i used it on my face it tingled a bit more but still ok. how often shall i use this lotion? after showering daily? and will i see peeling or is that just with the peels
Be careful applying to your face!! 30% would make me itch like crazy especially on my face where the skin is more sensitive.......be careful. As for how often to apply, I would apply daily after your shower. No, you shouldn't "peel" its going to be more flaking. But that doesn't mean it isn't working, flaking=exfoliation which is what you want. Keep me posted, I will be curious to see how your doing with 30%.

I told you after you make it once you will be a pro (y)its so simple and now that you have the LA, you can make it anytime you need too.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts