Skin Care Talk banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
You can use LA lotion on your face but I wouldn't recommend using 30% on a daily basis.
Yes, I use a HQ, RA, KA mix during the cooler months, during the summer I use RA, LA/or GA and Vit C serum, and every now and again will do a peel. Really depends on the weather for me.
so for the past 3 days i've been using 30% LA lotion on my face (yeah i know girl lmaoo) but i've done it light layers and it doesn't burn. on the day i do my weekly LA peel (40%) i won't use it and obviously the days after too.
i've actually stopped using everything i've got some products left i just want to use up (vit c by the ordinary) but yeah loving the LA really hope i achieve my goal

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
You can use LA lotion on your face but I wouldn't recommend using 30% on a daily basis.
Yes, I use a HQ, RA, KA mix during the cooler months, during the summer I use RA, LA/or GA and Vit C serum, and every now and again will do a peel. Really depends on the weather for me.
how do you apply LA to your body? jump in the shower straight after?

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
how do you apply LA to your body? jump in the shower straight after?
LA peel? With a brush, for spots I can't reach, shoulders etc, spray bottle. I leave it on 15 mins or so, then shower.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
LA peel? With a brush, for spots I can't reach, shoulders etc, spray bottle. I leave it on 15 mins or so, then shower.
hey hope you're doing okay xx
I've been doing weekly peels on my face and i've been putting the lotion on my face. i can't wait to see a big difference over time. sometimes i have a bit left over (when i make 40%) can i store the la mixed with distilled water in a little bottle?

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
hey hope you're doing okay xx
I've been doing weekly peels on my face and i've been putting the lotion on my face. i can't wait to see a big difference over time. sometimes i have a bit left over (when i make 40%) can i store the la mixed with distilled water in a little bottle?
@lily21 Hey there, I'm doing great, hope all is well on your side of the world 💕

I wouldn't keep it longer than a day or so, as it doesn't contain a preservative, so it will go bad rather quick.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
@lily21 Hey there, I'm doing great, hope all is well on your side of the world 💕

I wouldn't keep it longer than a day or so, as it doesn't contain a preservative, so it will go bad rather quick.
aww hope everything is going well for you and hope your healthy and safe xx

glad your doing well x

i think ive done around 4 40% peels and using the 30% lotion on my face. ive seen some results but not achieved my goal yet. i hope to keep doing this tbh cos university is all online so dont really need to worry about peeling.

was wondering if theres anything else i could do to speed results up? x

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
are there any other good products to use? i've been doing weekly LA peels(40%) and i do see a difference but its still not the colour of the lightest parts of my body :( been using spf and staying out of the sun too

·
Registered
136 Posts
YAY, that came quick!! Whats the % of the Lactic Acid? 80% ? If it is and you want to make the 400ml 30%, you will need to add 8 ounces of lactic to it. Or..... you can cut the lotion in half, use 200ml and add 4 ounces of LA, that would make it 30%.

If the LA isn't 80% don't mix anything until you give me that info (y)
Hi Gymrat,
I would like to make this too but with glycolic acid. Can you help me out please? My lotion is 400ml and glycolic acid is 70% and I would like to make it 20%.

I also have a few questions.
where can I store it? Do I need to make it everyday or weekly? Or do I have to add a preservative so it can last longer.

I’ve noticed you also make your own vitamin c serum. How do you make yours?I would like to make a 20% vitamin c serum.
Sorry, my questions are overwhelming. Hope you can help.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts