Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is vitamin E really good to use as for skin. I read in an article and i don't know how well it would work.
qtpie

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I agree Peri. I take it orally and it is in a few of my skincare products, but to use it by itself..........its not for me at all!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i just brought vit.E oil yesterday. although it feels good on skin i still hav to experiment with it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I don't feel that vitamin E is that effective for me. I have used it for my stretch marks without any success!

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
did u guys used Vit E oil or in cream form?
I have used both oil and cream form. Did not like either. The oil, is very sticky and thick. Cream is ok for your hands or even your body, just not the face, for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vitamin E is very important ingredients in cosmetics products! It important for the free Radicals and also used as preservative. It is better using products with vitamin E than Paraben that known as carcinogenic.
In Minerals products, most of the products contain Vitamin E

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have used both oil and cream form. Did not like either. The oil, is very sticky and thick. Cream is ok for your hands or even your body, just not the face, for me.
hmm thats strange coz i think i'm liking this oil both on my hands n face. gives them a healthy, plumpy look. but will use it long term to see effects. i don't like it in cream form either.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's never done anything for me...of course I probably didn't give it enough time. Maybe a week or two on and off.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't care either the cream or the oil by themselves. The cream did nothing and the oil is just too sticky. I use the oil in my vit c serum though.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This is a blurb from Smartskincare.com:

"Vitamin E is a fat soluble antioxidant. In living systems, vitamins C and E can regenerate each other and thus potentiate each other's antioxidant effects. While the capacity of vitamin E to protect vitamin C from oxidation in a water solution is relatively modest, vitamin E enhances the antioxidant effects of vitamin C when they are co-applied to the skin. Therefore, even if some of the vitamin C in a product is degraded, the remainder works better in the presence of vitamin E. Studies indicate that the combination of vitamins C and E provide better protection from UV-induced damage than either vitamin alone. On the other hand, vitamin E appears to have little effect on the ability of vitamin C to stimulate the synthesis of collagen."

So it seems to be synergistically important with vit C but not on its own.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am using Fruit of the Earth Vitamin e Cream. I'm on the fence about it as I've only been using it for a week now. Has anyone heard of this product or used it? Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts