Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any cure aside from delivery of the baby? im totally desperate..any idea of herbal meds would do as long as it will not harm the baby ..thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It usually occurs due to a rise in bile salts. You can try some hepatic support like SAM-e but I would not as the studies are sparse as to the effects during pregnancy. I would try warm baths, oatmeal and calamine. Try eating modest amounts of protein and more vegetables and fruits. It is not uncommon at all but unfortunately you walk a fine line in treating it and what is "acceptable" treatment.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Would rubbing lavender oil help calm down the itching or a lavender oatmeal bath, they are natural products.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Lavender oatmeal bath can soothe the itch quite well but unfortunately because it is bile salts that are the most likely culprit very little will give more than temporary relief. One thing you can do is be very careful with your diet so as not to overwork the liver. The less bile your body NEEDS to produce the less the back-up will be accumulating in your skin.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
my daughter had this with her second child. she was itching head to toe. she used oatmeal baths and aveeno anti-itch lotion. i wish i could help you more. she went thru bottles of anti-itch lotion but it helped and her skin was smooth as a babies behind!!!.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really? i also tried using aveeno anti itch lotion but it causes me to scratch again after few hours 'coz it makes my skin dry.im using physiogel lotion instead and will just use the aveeno anti itch at the portion where there is itching. does someone know here what an OMEGA 3,6,9 benefit in this case?my ob gyne prescribed it to me and it seems like its mellowing down (hopefully for good)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Plenty of water on the inside, and avocado oil mixed with a little aloe on the outside.. If you can get your hands on an aloe plant, all the better.

Congratulations, and best of luck with your little bundle of joy..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. 3 weeks before i delivered my son july 2008. i got very itchy red bumps all over my arms and thighs and belly. I would cry because they itched so bad. I made a apt to the ob and they sent me for blood. The results came back and they said they werent PUPPS they were a mix of my nerves. and i wouldnt stop itching them. so the ob decided to induce me because i was itching my skin raw. If u are far along ask your doctor if she can induce you. I put cortizone on them and it really helped. I know your pain and i hope it all works out for you, also if they do induce you the petocin that they use to induce your contractions.. that will make you itchy too. so be careful because they wouldnt let me itch because i would never know how far down im itching due to numbness and the epidural.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts