Skin Care Talk banner

itchy dry spots ):

2325 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  meadawn
Around december I started noticing this itchy spot between my shoulders and my neck on both sides. I'd get out of the shower and it would itch. It would be dry and sort of flaky, and turn red if i itched it a lot. Then when I cooled down I'd forget about it and it'd stop.
I'm not sure if it has to do with anything that's happening right now.
But anyway, now I have these weird, tannish spots on me. They're small, but they vary in shape a lot. The best way I can describe them is that they look as though if you were to take a tweezers you could peel them off and have a piece of skin, but you can't. I've itched at them and they just get sort of dry/white, they don't peel. I itch like crazy and I start getting raw places that sort of open up. Little spots of blood appear, but they don't really create a crusty scab, it's more like a weird soft one that turns a sort of purply red.
It's on my breasts, stomach, inner-thighs, armpits, now it's spreading to my back. I can't see them very well, unless I look up close. They're also on my lower belly...Not really on my genitals, but the area where your belly and genitals come together. Vulva, I think? They're not in between my legs all the way, though. And they're starting to get on my neck.
They itch when I get hot/sweaty. I don't know what to do. I'm afraid to ask to go to the doctor because my dad always used to tell me that I'm not worth paying for to go to the doctor, so I always think I have to do things on my own and I'm too afraid to ask my grandparents to take me. Do you know what this might be? I'd show a picture but I can't find one like this, and I don't have a camera. I'd appreciate it if there were a remedy for cheap. Hydrocortisone works for a while, but not much.
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
First, I would tell you to go to the doctor -regardless of what your dad says. If you have a good relationship with your grandparents, ask them to take you. How old are you? Do you have a walk-in clinic nearby that you can go to? It may be nothing, but you won't know until you see a professional. If it's a rash, they should be able to give you something to help out.

For temporary relief, you might try a compress with oatmeal. Oatmeal is very soothing and it might give you some relief. Just make a paste using oatmeal & milk or water.

Do you have a friend with a camera or a camera phone that you can use to try to get some decent pics?
I have the same problem. It started when I was 10 and gradually grew worse over the years. Now without treatment, it covers my back, neck, stomach and sometimes progresses to my face. I visited the doctor and he gave me a prescription for "anti-fungal" pills. I am "allergic to the sun". He says it's not as uncommon as you would think. Lots of people suffer the same thing. When these spots go away, you'll have white spots where the "fungus" is now. Forget about what daddy says. You definately need to see a doctor. I happen to know first hand that it's NO fun and can be down right embarassing at times! Hope this helps!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.