Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks ago I did only one layer, and frosted a bit and it went away pretty fast.

Tonight, I did one layer and waited 5 minutes and then the next layer went on, and I waited 5 minutes. This time the frosting has not gone away yet, and it has been 20 mins. It also stung a bit more than last time.

It is weird, I do not frost everywhere, just in certain areas.

What can I expect from a TCA peel that has been layered?

And of course I was not thinking and I am leaving for California in 9 days. I hope I will have peeled by then.

I thought I read somewhere here if you want to peel quickly do not use anti bacterial ointment? True?

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I don't frost in all areas either, so don't worry about that. 9 days.....you should be close if not done with peeling by then.

Apply RA if you want to speed up the peeling process. Also if you can just try and not moisturize as much. This always helps me peel faster.

Are you using a peel from MUAC?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
And if you come to CA and you are still peeling, I will know who you are-

Where sunscreen if you are coming to CA. We aren't having that cool fall weather yet-depending on what part of CA you are going too. Still very nice and sunny here.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, a 12.5% TCA peel from Makeup Artists Choice. Really apply Retin A to speed the peel up?

I am comfortable doing everything right up to the peel and then after the peel I am not sure what to do, how long to wait to go back to my normal routine, when to start using Retin A etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I wish I was going to be in LA but I am just as happy to be in San Fran.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And if you come to CA and you are still peeling, I will know who you are-

LOL!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Just wait until the red/frost it gone before doing the RA. I wait until I am crinkly. Not before scared I will get RAW if I do that. But once you get dry and crinkly go for it.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Yep wait until you get the crinkley skin. I apply mine at night before bed. It definately helps me peel faster.

You can still put ointment on it tonight, especially if you are really red/and or still have the frosted look. Best to do it tonight, just to be safe.

Hey, SF weather is awesome right now. You will need a jacket at night!! It is a great time to go to SF.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Last week I did my 3rd peel with 12.5% and I layered it. Both 2nd & 3rd peels started peeling on about day 4. Yes, I did follow Goatlady's advice and used RA on it. However, I'm also a picker. I just can't help myself.
I'm starting to think I need something stronger at this point, because it isn't burning, only pinching. However, the brown spots I'm trying to eliminate are getting very light. Once again, I can't say it enough to Goatlady, Thanks, thanks, thanks.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Been there nursermarie. My brown spots were really getting me down. I have the photos to prove just how speckled I was. My skin is now almost free of spots/freckles. I am so SO much happier with my skin. Try the 18% 2 layers on spots that are stubborn it will get them.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I did a one layer 12.5% patch test on Fri last week.
On Sunday I did a 2 layer 12.5% peel on the same area (upper lip on one side only).
Nothing but flaking and even with using RA once at night I am still only flaking now. In fact the lines on my upper lip on that side seem to be worse!
I'm using emu oil and ELS(from Skinactives) on it now to get it to settle down and look better for a wedding on Sunday. Fingers crossed.
Hope it goes well for you Chunch!!

Thanks to Goatlady and Gymrat for all the excellent advice so far!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I look a lot worse before it gets better like an 80 year old hag. It will get better

·
Registered
713 Posts
I did a one layer 12.5% patch test on Fri last week.
On Sunday I did a 2 layer 12.5% peel on the same area (upper lip on one side only).
Nothing but flaking and even with using RA once at night I am still only flaking now. In fact the lines on my upper lip on that side seem to be worse!
I'm using emu oil and ELS(from Skinactives) on it now to get it to settle down and look better for a wedding on Sunday. Fingers crossed.
Hope it goes well for you Chunch!!

Thanks to Goatlady and Gymrat for all the excellent advice so far!

Fawnie
I am going to do another peel in a couple of weeks, I am going to do an 18% next time (my first peel was a 12.5%.) I have a new deep wrinkle on my upper lip area, I had no wrinkles there prior to the peel - has anyone else encounter this?

Fawnie, I just want you to know that I have a wrinkle that I did not have before.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
kitskid this hasn't happened to me, I have only seen improvements with the TCA are you also doing RA?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got my TCA peel form MUAC, it this the same type of peel that I would get if I paid 250 or more at a derm office?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

Fawnie
I am going to do another peel in a couple of weeks, I am going to do an 18% next time (my first peel was a 12.5%.) I have a new deep wrinkle on my upper lip area, I had no wrinkles there prior to the peel - has anyone else encounter this?

Fawnie, I just want you to know that I have a wrinkle that I did not have before.
Yep that's what happened to me too. I keep hearing that it may take 3 peels of the 12.5% strength to vaporize the little devils. I had some fine lines but how I have several large deep lines.

I used RA one night after the red wrinkled dry look occurred. But thereafter I just left it dry hoping to have it peel faster.

So now I am waiting the requisite 3 weeks to do another 12.5% peel....or I may bump it up to 15% (does that sound OK goatlady?).

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
never did the 15% Fawnster I just went right to 18 and finally got the frosting I wanted but I still had to do 2 layers on some areas. My nose is still peeling and pink. Hopefully it got the freckles the first time around but if not I will let it heal well and do it again. One time on my top lip and it is better but I will be doing it again.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I got my TCA peel form MUAC, it this the same type of peel that I would get if I paid 250 or more at a derm office?
Pretty darn close to what you would get if you had it done professionally. Although when I have mine done in the office I always get a microderm before they apply the peel. This probably preps the skin a lot better than anything you could use at home. But the peel is pretty close. My Dr uses TCA but I am not sure what brand to be honest. I will have to ask next time.

·
Registered
713 Posts
kitskid this hasn't happened to me, I have only seen improvements with the TCA are you also doing RA?
Goat I had used RA for two years prior to my peel and I quit using it for 10 before I did the peel. I contacted MUAC and they said not to use RA again until my skin had healed, they said the RA was too harsh on the newly exposed skin. My face was very dry feeling after the peel so I used Emu Oil along with the Polysporin.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yep that's what happened to me too. I keep hearing that it may take 3 peels of the 12.5% strength to vaporize the little devils. I had some fine lines but how I have several large deep lines.

I used RA one night after the red wrinkled dry look occurred. But thereafter I just left it dry hoping to have it peel faster.

So now I am waiting the requisite 3 weeks to do another 12.5% peel....or I may bump it up to 15% (does that sound OK goatlady?).
I did the 15% TCA twice last week , it's not strong enough for me, I did not peel, it's been a week, and now I start to peel on my wrinkle I have on my arm, that wrinkle was deep red all week, I can't wait to see if it will go away!

I did my fine lines on my upper lip (last week) I don't see any changes, it felt like when you have a severe cold, you know how your nose is sensible, my upper lip felt the same
I put a lot of Emu oil and I felt better.

I also did the II between the eyes, it peeled a little but nothing to get those lines away. :-(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts