Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yaay! after a month of using HQ/RA I am noticing some nice changes.
this is very exciting for me !

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Good for you Noir97! It is exciting, isn't it?!? It took me exactly a month to notice some changes too! It's been five weeks for me now. Imagine another four weeks?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hooray! Tell us more, noir 97: what changes are you beginning to see?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed that some of the acne scars are not as severe. They appear more superficial then before.
I have lightened about a shade and my skin seems to have a glow.
I have severe hyperpigmentation that I am trying to combat in addition to the lightening.
I am working towards clear, unblemished skin.
Thank you all for the priceless information.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations Noir - did you take b4 pics?

I didn't and I wished I had.
Not really. I have a picture from the summer, but nothing up close and skin specific.
I have to say that I think the Vitamin C is giving me the "glow"

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Not really. I have a picture from the summer, but nothing up close and skin specific.
I have to say that I think the Vitamin C is giving me the "glow"
Congrats Noir, i know exactally how you feel
which vitamin C cream are you using?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the detailed update, Noir97. Sounds like you are well on your way! As yr skin exfoliates more, it'll definitely glow & the acne scars will fade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Noir97, congratulations! I hope it will work on me so well too! What Viramin C r u using? Do u use Vitamin C Serum or a cream?
All the best :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am using a Vitamin C serum that I bought from TJ Maxx.
its made by Labortorie Remede.
Super C serum has 20% concentration.
I bought it for $25 last year, and I never used it not really knowing what it was and now I wish I had stocked up.
When I joined this board and everyone started raving about Vitamin C, I started to use it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the detailed update, Noir97. Sounds like you are well on your way! As yr skin exfoliates more, it'll definitely glow & the acne scars will fade.
The information that you supplied has been such a huge blessing, and I am so grateful for finding this board. It makes we want to go to medical school and become a Dermatologist

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am using a Vitamin C serum that I bought from TJ Maxx.
its made by Labortorie Remede.
Super C serum has 20% concentration.
I bought it for $25 last year, and I never used it not really knowing what it was and now I wish I had stocked up.
When I joined this board and everyone started raving about Vitamin C, I started to use it.

Noir - trust me I am not raining on your success - but PLEEEEASE check the VITAMIN C product you are using.

Vitamin C oxidizes very quickly (within days) - especially a 20% concentration and you have had it over a year. Check the ingredients and of course you know that if it is yellow or brown _ DON'T USE IT!!! Perhaps some of the ingredients offset the oxidation. I don't know of any - but...
Check out posts in the anti-aging threads.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Noir - I was referring to Vit C as Ascorbic acid. But I was curious so I went to Laboratoire's website. I didn't see the Serum you posted - looks like its replaced by their new Double C which uses Ascorbyl Glucoside and Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, two more stable forums of Vitamin C. Some reviews on it claims it doesn't contain as much Vit C as tauted. Any how - a shelf life of a year seems like a long time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Noir - trust me I am not raining on your success - but PLEEEEASE check the VITAMIN C product you are using.

Vitamin C oxidizes very quickly (within days) - especially a 20% concentration and you have had it over a year. Check the ingredients and of course you know that if it is yellow or brown _ DON'T USE IT!!! Perhaps some of the ingredients offset the oxidation. I don't know of any - but...
Check out posts in the anti-aging threads.
I know that you are being sincere, so I appreciate it. Thank you.
The product is not brown or discolored.
Its orange and has a serum consistency.
Ideally I want to try Kassy's formulation.

·
Registered
452 Posts

You betcha!! A member's shared success helps us all get closer to our goal!!!
Yes - try a DIY C Serum- it is easy, controllable and MUCH cheaper. My serum is clear like H2O when I use Glycerin with the distilled water and a yellow tint when I use Jojoba oil. I keep mine simple as I already use enough topicals on my skin. But I know when I haven't used it for two or three days- the silky feeling is gone!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

You betcha!! A member's shared success helps us all get closer to our goal!!!
Yes - try a DIY C Serum- it is easy, controllable and MUCH cheaper. My serum is clear like H2O when I use Glycerin with the distilled water and a yellow tint when I use Jojoba oil. I keep mine simple as I already use enough topicals on my skin. But I know when I haven't used it for two or three days- the silky feeling is gone!!
Where do you order your vitamin C from and what is the absolute simplest way to make it
?

·
Registered
452 Posts
A couple of places depending on specials going on at the time:
Vitamin World - 20oz. ~ $30 US
Vitamin Shoppe - 1lb ~ $20 US
NOW through iherb Online - 3 lbs - SOMETIMES $30 - I don't think they offer it anymore @ this low price.
I think the cost of Vit C L-ascorbic as risen in the last year due to its popularity.
Kassy's recipe is very popular but I make a 20% solution (ONLY BECAUSE MY SKIN CAN TOLERATE IT) using Vit C, disilled water and glycerin or jojoba oil. I usually make a small quantity (to last 2 or 3 days) so I don't have to run down to the fridge everyday to get it. Check the ph level (using litmus strips- you should use these for all formulations with acids). Kassy has perfected her recipe with the right ph balance. Skinactives forum members had posted some simple DIY VIT C recipes. Not sure if they are still there or not but you may want to check that forum as well.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
NOW through iherb Online - 3 lbs - SOMETIMES $30 - I don't think they offer it anymore @ this low price.
I think the cost of Vit C L-ascorbic as risen in the last year due to its popularity.
Kassy's recipe is very popular but I make a 20% solution (ONLY BECAUSE MY SKIN CAN TOLERATE IT) using Vit C, disilled water and glycerin or jojoba oil. I usually make a small quantity (to last 2 or 3 days) so I don't have to run down to the fridge everyday to get it. Check the ph level (using litmus strips- you should use these for all formulations with acids). Kassy has perfected her recipe with the right ph balance. Skinactives forum members had posted some simple DIY VIT C recipes. Not sure if they are still there or not but you may want to check that forum as well.
Thanks for posting! Once i started searching for them i realized how pricey they were. Is there a special place to get jojoba. I would like to use that or the propyl glycol... im excited, cause there is no way i could/would spend on $80 pump of Vic c serums..

·
Registered
452 Posts
My oversight and apologies for not posting this early last week - Vitamin Shoppe had a buy one get second half off sale last week. I usually get my C powder, jojoba oil and other hard to finds during this time. The sale occurs @ September and March. Not sure if vitamin shoppe has propyl glycol. Vitamin World will have sales also - I have purchased the 20oz C for as low as $17. Cheapest I've found glycerin in stores is Walmart.
As a side note - I compliment my topical C Serum by taking oral Vitamin C 1000 w/Rosehip tablets.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Wait are you using oral Vit C for your C serum? Or is this where you buy your oral Vit C?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts