Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok about a month ago i got a underground pimple on the right side of my chin, i diddnt mess with it at all and it got to be kinda big, nothing crazy, so i just let it be and it went down, was just a little red, kinda unnoticeable, than it started hurting again, and after a couple days it got really big, than a few days later its HUGE, i mean like a cherry on my face, i need help getting rid of this thing so i can go out in public! haha. please any help is appreciated i need this thing gone , heres a picture, thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Do you have a dermatologist? Sometimes they can inject it to hasten it's healing.

Warm not hot soaks a couple times a day. Gentle cleanser - you don't want to overstrip and irritate your skin.

If they happen pretty frequently you should talk to your Dr about it for medication to keep them under control.

Believe me, lots of us suffered with pimples from [email protected]!! There is medication for them. Benzoyl peroxide could help temporarily but you don't want to use it frequently as it ages the skin terribly. Hope you can see a Dr soon!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
You need to see a doctor for this......warm soaks definitely but it may have to be lanced.
Do you get this type of pimple often?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I forgot to add that I use Mario Badescu Drying Cream... u need to use it as soon as the pimple appears....before it gets to this stage. It looks painful so I suggest you get treatment quick.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Coastin-wow I totally sympathize with you. I had cystic acne super bad, but I can say.......I never had one that big. Are you sure it is a pimple? Have you ever had on like this before? And does it ever come to a head, where you can pop it? Does it itch (mine used too).

Some of the biggest ones I ever got were on my chin. They would come and go just as you explained. What I would do is get a washcloth and soak it in a mixture of hot water and epsom salt. Then place it on that spot. See if you can get it to come to a head. Most times, cystic acne is filled with clearish puslike, sometimes bloody fluid. If you can get it to pop a little and get gunk out of it, it will go down. It does take time. And I know it must be extremely painful.

Best of luck and let us know if it goes down a little.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i never get these types of pimples, maybe gotten 4 in my lifetime... i barely get pimples as it is. maybe 1 or 2 here and there... but this one came out of no where and hurt really bad at first, now at this stage it doesnt hurt at all... its just big and red, ill do some warm soaks and everything you guys told me , ill keep you guys informed...

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Coastin, ya I was going to say, your skin didn't look like one with a acne problem. So that is why I am asking, are you sure it is a pimple. Maybe if the soaks don't help, get in with your doctor. It could be a boil, but I have never seen one on the face before. It looks painful I do know that!! Been there, done that, so I feel your pain-

Not to mention, how do you cover a zit on the chin, right? You feel like its a third eye-
hang in there, it will get better, I promise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks , i use my girlfriends coverup when i go out but it doesnt help much... i got alot of pimples when i was like 13 but once i turned 16 they stopped, and now im 21 and this big badboy pops up... my mothers a nurse and im gonna go to her house tomorrow and see what she can do.. what would i do if another one like this starts to pop up, what should i do to prevent it from getting like this. thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
thanks , i use my girlfriends coverup when i go out but it doesnt help much... i got alot of pimples when i was like 13 but once i turned 16 they stopped, and now im 21 and this big badboy pops up... my mothers a nurse and im gonna go to her house tomorrow and see what she can do.. thanks for all the help i really appreciate it
You bet!! And see those girlfriends do come in handy don't they-
I have a 21 year old boy too-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok it dried out a bit and i peeled off the dead skin and as soon as i did that NASTY goo started pooring out of it so i squeezed it all out until it was bloody puss and now im gonna put a wet hot hand towel on it to get the rest out of it.. Progress!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
ok it dried out a bit and i peeled off the dead skin and as soon as i did that NASTY goo started pooring out of it so i squeezed it all out until it was bloody puss and now im gonna put a wet hot hand towel on it to get the rest out of it.. Progress!
Doesn't it feel better? I am glad you are getting the gunk out. It should go down in no time-

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
You are SICK Kamakaze, just sick!!
Is this something you would have done?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so yeah its all better now its just a little red spot on my chin now, man it felt good to get rid of it, now all it has to do is heal back to normal, thanks everyone for the input, i hope to never get one like that again

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
wow it does look better. It will take time for the redness to go away. I know how you feel. You get one of those guys and you think OH MY GOSH why me.

give it time to fade and before long you will forget you ever had it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I forgot to add that I use Mario Badescu Drying Cream... u need to use it as soon as the pimple appears....before it gets to this stage. It looks painful so I suggest you get treatment quick.
I use Mario's Buffering Lotion when I get a zit like that. I seem to get one a month now. Never got them before. Of course I have to meddle with them an make matters way worse. i can't help it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm getting nauseous thinking about watching you tube videos of people squeezing zits. I love doing it myself but strangers. I'm literally feeling sick right now but I'm soooo curious!!!! how sick is that???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts