Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use her C-Esta Face Cream. When bought it I remember it being a creamy light yellow and now it is caramel colored.

Is it still good?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I used C-esta serum for a long time and stopped. In fact I was on the Jan Marini line with the eye cream, the tgf-Beta 1 growth factor, the biglycolic body scrub etc. I finally realised I was wasting my money! I now get alternate products but mostly stick with retin-a and Super-Cop which has done wonders on my face. My body I am still working on but it has improved since I started using Sweet Almond Oil.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Anyone use her C-Esta Face Cream. When bought it I remember it being a creamy light yellow and now it is caramel colored.

Is it still good?
Chunch,
Are you saying that your bottle of it used to be light yellow and now your bottle of it is caramel colored? Red Flag!! it is probably oxidized and old and no longer effective! Time to start making your own DIY C serum and know that it is fresh and potent!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
140 Posts
I used C-esta serum for a long time and stopped. In fact I was on the Jan Marini line with the eye cream, the tgf-Beta 1 growth factor, the biglycolic body scrub etc. I finally realised I was wasting my money! I now get alternate products but mostly stick with retin-a and Super-Cop which has done wonders on my face. My body I am still working on but it has improved since I started using Sweet Almond Oil.
Lexi it is good to hear that SuperCop has done wonders for you. What exactly hacve they done? I have recently started using SuperCop myself and I ask this back up my own observations. I want to know that I am not just imagining the results I seem to be getting. I think I have had skin tightening.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

I'm not familiar with this brand of cream but you are right to choose a Vitamin C Ester Cream. Vitamin C Ester is fat-soluble. It penetrates skin faster than ascorbic acid,

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Lexi it is good to hear that SuperCop has done wonders for you. What exactly hacve they done? I have recently started using SuperCop myself and I ask this back up my own observations. I want to know that I am not just imagining the results I seem to be getting. I think I have had skin tightening.
Hi Melly-

Super-Cop in combination with retin-a as I use it has taken away the three small lines under my eyes! I was using retin-a alone with no "amazing" results under my eyes (did improve my complexion) but added Super-Cop and have had amazing results! It seems to tighten and tone my skin. I could tell it was working because the lines under my eyes got red (I had these three small lines) and then after they got red they seemed to regress and then disappeared! It definitely works!

I cannot say the same of all of SkinBios products. I am impressed with the Super-Cop and the "Neck, Breast and Decallotage" cream but not impressed with the body lotion (really expensive, weak, does not seem to do much) CP-Serum, LacSal and other products.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the info Lexi. I have not tried any of their other products except the Propumpkin Peel which I got as a free sample. I like it but do not know whether it has actually done me any good so I won't comment on it. However through reading this blog and doing my own research I am slowly building up an arsenal of effective products. Each company only seems to have 1 or 2 really effective products. However I could be wrong there.

My experience with the Supercop was on my neck where I had some very loose skin and by using this product every second day the loose skin tightened within 2 weeks. This is one of my more extreme transformations so I kind of wondered whether I imagined it. However reading what you said made me think I did not. I am now using the Supercop over my whole face.

Why are you so impressed with the "Neck, Breast and Decallotage" cream? What has it done for you?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Thanks for the info Lexi. I have not tried any of their other products except the Propumpkin Peel which I got as a free sample. I like it but do not know whether it has actually done me any good so I won't comment on it. However through reading this blog and doing my own research I am slowly building up an arsenal of effective products. Each company only seems to have 1 or 2 really effective products. However I could be wrong there.

My experience with the Supercop was on my neck where I had some very loose skin and by using this product every second day the loose skin tightened within 2 weeks. This is one of my more extreme transformations so I kind of wondered whether I imagined it. However reading what you said made me think I did not. I am now using the Supercop over my whole face.

Why are you so impressed with the "Neck, Breast and Decallotage" cream? What has it done for you?
Chunch--SuperCop is from SkinBiology (.com for the website). It is a highly concentrated copper peptide.

Melly--the SuperCop definitely works but I think it works best on retin-a or strong AHA treated Skin! My understanding of ALL copper peptides is that they are actually best absorbed and utilised when the skin is irritated or is peeling as it "remodels" skin. I think SkinBio tries to make it so that they all work and absorb but my feeling is that some products are clearly placebo if that--the body lotion for example is uesless!

The Neck, Chest and Decolletage is great to me! I say this because firstly it lasts quite a long time. Secondly it is light and smooths on well. Finally, what it has done----well I had sun damage on my decolletage from years of baking and fake-baking and the discoloration and all the lines that looked like rivers are gone more or less. I still have some crepe-like skin left if I push my cleavage up but otherwise it looks about 10 years younger and much firmer. I am actually considering buying a few tubs of that for my whole body and using that instead of the body lotion!

I agree 100%, every place seems to have one or two things that are superb and the rest is take or leave!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
One caveat about copper peptides though from somone who ruined her skin with them: Start with the lowest concentration possible, not the Super Cop! And work up sloooooooooowly. You have to dilute it as the directions say and not rush your skin along or you will end up worse than you started. My skin was great and I just wanted to make it.....greater.....so I tried the copper peptides in the 2nd from the bottom strength and advanced too rapidly. It took me a good year to undo the damage - shriveled, saggy, horrible skin!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
HI fawnie do you think this is the thing with Copper peptides that if you advance too quicly it can damage the skin, or is it just one of those things that it just depends, some people just can find them selves getting side effects by using these peptides?

I have to say personally i have seen great results just be using the Green Cream! I suppose though everyone skin is different, however i have to say that i dont seem to get any exfolianting from the vit c serum i use, my skin does seem a lot softer since using this, but however i am thinking Is the vit c serum really doing much for my skin, if i dont get any exfoliation!

Sorry i know im going slightly off topic here, but if some one could give me a second opinion if i should carry on using the vit c serum or not, id love to hear it, many thanks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
One caveat about copper peptides though from somone who ruined her skin with them: Start with the lowest concentration possible, not the Super Cop! And work up sloooooooooowly. You have to dilute it as the directions say and not rush your skin along or you will end up worse than you started. My skin was great and I just wanted to make it.....greater.....so I tried the copper peptides in the 2nd from the bottom strength and advanced too rapidly. It took me a good year to undo the damage - shriveled, saggy, horrible skin!
Fawnie--can you describe the skin damage more? Keep in mind I was using the body lotion while I was using the AHA too and between one of the two of these my skin was damaged on my body. The SuperCop I have only used, and used immediately, on my under eyes and there was only improvement. I wonder if I did have a reaction to the copper peptide on the body but not face as I was simultaneously using retin-a?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Lexi, Gee it's possible, especially if you hit the ground running with SuperCop. I can only describe my skin as "shriveled-looking, leathery, lacking tone, wrinkled, saggy". It took me a very long time to get my skin back to looking good again. Thank God I only used this on my chest and decollete. I don't think I'm the only one this has happened to - I've read similar problems with CP's on other forums. And yes, it seems to have a lot to do with too much too fast.

NY, I don't think you need to visibly exfoliate to get results. If your skin looks good and feels good then it's working for you. My skin doesn't peel or flake and I am happy with the results. I think it's a microscopic exfoliation that happens on a daily basis, instead of a massive dramatic clinical Peel. But that's just what I think. What do I know??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi Lexi, Gee it's possible, especially if you hit the ground running with SuperCop. I can only describe my skin as "shriveled-looking, leathery, lacking tone, wrinkled, saggy". It took me a very long time to get my skin back to looking good again. Thank God I only used this on my chest and decollete. I don't think I'm the only one this has happened to - I've read similar problems with CP's on other forums. And yes, it seems to have a lot to do with too much too fast.

NY, I don't think you need to visibly exfoliate to get results. If your skin looks good and feels good then it's working for you. My skin doesn't peel or flake and I am happy with the results. I think it's a microscopic exfoliation that happens on a daily basis, instead of a massive dramatic clinical Peel. But that's just what I think. What do I know??
OMG! This is what happened to my body! It is like if I bend over my stomach skin crinkles like an 80 year old woman instead of as it was just a few months ago, young and taut! It is all over my body, it is as if I have a shell, a very soft thin shell of skin that moves in unison rather than being resilient and more "skin-like". What did you do to recover? I blamed this all on the AHA's! I was using AHA 20% all over as SkinBiologys said it works best with aha's or retin-a and I figured for a larger area an AHA was better. This is what the dermatologist said was skin dehydration but I am beginning to think only us "skinfreaks" know what these things are as we all have different reactions and we are really on the frontier, ahead of many dermatologists and p.s's in the skin care world.

Please Fawnie share anything you did. I am convinced we have had the same reaction. The irony is that my hands, and my decolletage, both where I used only Neck, Breast and Decallotage on said area and hands were constantly washed, ALL look much younger than a few months ago! My body, arms, back and legs all look aged and crepe-like with this lackluster dull, dehydrated and crepe-like skin!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
So then i have been getting ready for bed, but with my boyfriend out for the evening im too tired too move from the sofa!

Fawnie you know more than me so il carry on using the vit c serum, thanks for the info about coppers, um not sure im willing to risk trying these myself though!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
So then i have been getting ready for bed, but with my boyfriend out for the evening im too tired too move from the sofa!

Fawnie you know more than me so il carry on using the vit c serum, thanks for the info about coppers, um not sure im willing to risk trying these myself though!
After her description I think these are what ruined my body skin. I just need Fawnie to give me her remedy now!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Lexi

I think maybe it was a combination of powerful products and overexfoliation that affected your skin as you described. I can't really be sure what happened to you and your dermatologist would know better I bet.

All I can tell you about is what helped me for my problem. I used BabyQ, Retin-A Micro 0.04%, Vit C serum, Emu Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, Dermaroller and gentle exfoliation. MSM and vit C supplements may have helped also. And a lot of patience! It took about a year or more to turn it around. I hope your skin is getting better by now!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Fawnie my skin is going back and forth. There are days it looks much better then I see it getting crepe-like again! I think, in fairness, that dermatologists and p.s's do not know soo much more nowadays. There are just far too many products and combinations out there we just cannot expect ANYONE to be on top of that. That said, I just did some searches and found one forum where a woman described the same (many did actually) reaction as what my skin has done--leathery, rough, crepe-paper appearance--all from CP's. THAT SAID---one said she contacted SkinBio was told that this was the "uglies" and that the bad skin was now at the surface and she stuck with it despite all this and she said--SUDDENLY it kicked in and her skin was nicer, better and stronger and the "uglies" were gone.

I will not resume CP use though and am now using .1% retin-a and all my soothing oils. The retin-a will build the underlying structures and the dermatologist said if I wanted to "spend all that money" it was fine to do (she does not know of ADC and how cheap they are!!!). Anyway I am really depressed still as it comes and goes, I had a bad skin day yesterday and today it looks better--go figure!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Lexi
0.1% RA is pretty high!...for anti-ageing 0.025% and 0.05% is recommended, isn't it? Just don't want you to overdo it!

Yes, I read that too about the CP uglies and sticking with it, but that didn't sound like something I wanted to take a chance with. I just didn't trust it after seeing the damage already done. You can't believe everything you read on the internet and use it for yourself!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Lexi
0.1% RA is pretty high!...for anti-ageing 0.025% and 0.05% is recommended, isn't it? Just don't want you to overdo it!

Yes, I read that too about the CP uglies and sticking with it, but that didn't sound like something I wanted to take a chance with. I just didn't trust it after seeing the damage already done. You can't believe everything you read on the internet and use it for yourself!
OK--I just got off the phone with my dermatologist (she is an indirect friend actually). She has not seen any of these cases but did tell me which journals I can find some articles that may address it on are in. I have the databases at home so I will do some reading now before I go out for the night and report back. Just started actually and got side-tracked reading up on a new vaccine for melanoma.

Also---yes, the .1% is used in cases of "leathery" skin which is why I got it. It is actually a better "peel" than it is strictly for anti-aging. It is rehabilitative in that it will reverse, by cell turnover, the leathery look quicker. I told her about this and she agreed that it would not hurt and may even help. Even though it dries you it does speed up cell turnover and dehydrated, leathery skin is like a keratinised skin which can benefit from deep peels and faster turn over. It is a bit ironic as superficial peels (AHA's) will just cause more damage because it takes the protection off but deeper peels create a new skin faster so it is safe. I am doing more rehabilitation now then anti-aging will follow.

Fawnie---I am with you in that I have no intention of going through the uglies. I am in them and I cannot take it. It is depressing to see skin like your grandmother's overnight. I am becoming convinced that the CP's did this and in fact read on that same forum an interesting post which basically said THE EXACT THING I HAVE-she likes the Breast Neck and Decolletage but NOT the body lotion which gave her leathery, dehydrated, crepe paper skin! This is a theme I am seeing over and over.

OFF ro read! Will let you know what I find out!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts