Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was introduced to all things Japanese back in high school i have since found this immense facisnation to all things japanese. i hope you all feel free to contribute.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Harajuku

"Marina is wearing a tie-dye Aerosmith t-shirt with sheer underneath, a long neon yellow skirt with black netting, and Reebok sneakers. Accessories include her pretty flower headpiece, lots of ear piercings and a gauge earring, an eyebrow piercing, a nose piercing, a vertical labret piercing, a chunky metal ring, a pink star ring, two colorful tattoo rings, a star necklace, and her pink Our Lady of Guadalupe bag"

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I love how innocent her makeup is compared to her fierce she looks with her piercings. Very nice combination.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

I love the attention to detail and how they combine unlikely elements. I also love how, in some styles, its all so upbeat and careless. Its very freeing.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
It's not being updated at the moment, but this was (and I suppose still is) one of my favorite fashion blogs: http://streetsofjapan.tumblr.com/

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The women's fashion in the East is on point! but the mens fashion isn't my cup of tea. it's very cluttered. i'm going to be searching for more streamline masculine designs. i've seen a few, i want to post without giving away my personal identity lol.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This blazer is from Vanishing Elephant,but to me it invokes that same spirit of the East, without being too much. this paired with some denim desert boots could be amazing

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
While paisley prints aren't really my thing (until they suddenly are), I think it's cool that you're willing to experiment with textures. It's obvious that the quality is there. I like the outfit on the right. Blazers, man. 8)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You know I think it depends on what fashion you're looking for. When it comes to urban styles and punk clothes, oh yes, the men's clothes are cluttered. (Though for some that's a good thing) but I think in terms of suits and classical styles...yummy.

I think the best thing they have going for them is that, like Divinity said, they are more willing to explore different colors and patterns. I saw a young man wearing a mint green suit (jacket and pants) in an ad and you know...it was stunning.

He was serious, his hair was only a tiny bit wild, he was wearing bold black framed glasses and had a serious expression on. The color of the suit added to his charm but was just different enough to make him stand out even with the basic styling of a suit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts