Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
And they damage the skin then you look for a cream to clear the damage. It clears and then the new cream causes it’s own damage. Maybe the previous complaint was dark knuckles. Your knuckles clear then you have. dark feet. Then finally stretch marks which can never fade. I think we need to focus on brighteners now. Arbutin, niacinimide, vitamin c, retinol etc. combined these ingredients can easily lighten a shade or two and give you nice skin.
Pls in what ways can the Arbutin, Niacinamide, VitaminC, Retinol etc be used to lighten 2 or 3 shades?
True though.. I agree about their influencers and their knuckles.

I think I better save my money and look for normal products I can use that would work. Thank you for helping me not regret!
Hi, have you found the normal products that would work?
I need help figuring out what to use to SAFELY and EFFECTIVELY lighten as well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Honestly I think bleaching is addictive. . I bought a cream from a woman once you should have seen her skin. Her chest was like alligator skin. She promised me gorgeous high yellow and I spent 100k. She was going to give me beautiful skin but couldn’t do the same for herself.😭😭😭
Omg this is sad but it cracked me up. Yes most Nigerian mixes are all loaded with roids or even worse Mercury. I have stuck to soaps , scrubs and supplements for months and my skin is healthy and even.
A few things
1. Using all these African mixes is not sustainable. It is very expensive and yet it damages your skin
2. They aren’t consistent, one day your soap is runny the next batch is solid
3, you want to buy products from reputable brands. Not just for great ingredients but continuity. F& W has been around for ages. Your cream sellier can go out of business or for some reasons your products can’t get to your products. You need products that are safe and easily accessible.
Natural products+ sunscreen + the right diet and or supplements +consistency= healthy , bright skin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pls in what ways can the Arbutin, Niacinamide, VitaminC, Retinol etc be used to lighten 2 or 3 shades?

Omg this is sad but it cracked me up. Yes most Nigerian mixes are all loaded with roids or even worse Mercury. I have stuck to soaps , scrubs and supplements for months and my skin is healthy and even.
A few things
1. Using all these African mixes is not sustainable. It is very expensive and yet it damages your skin
2. They aren’t consistent, one day your soap is runny the next batch is solid
3, you want to buy products from reputable brands. Not just for great ingredients but continuity. F& W has been around for ages. Your cream sellier can go out of business or for some reasons your products can’t get to your products. You need products that are safe and easily accessible.
Natural products+ sunscreen + the right diet and or supplements +consistency= healthy , bright skin.
I agree with her. I have noticed that whenever I use lotions or creams or mixing oils in my creams and lotions, my skin just looks dull and uneven. I have also stopped using any lotion at all, to be honest. I have been consistent with soaps and scrubs. My skin has never looked brighter and more even. I decided to give up on lotions or creams completely.

My routine at the moment is:
  • Bathe with a whitening or brightening soap. I found that soaps made in the Philipines work for my skin and give me the pale white with a pink hue that I love.
  • I use a cleanser/toner for my face especially around my monthlies to help with breakouts.
  • Scrub scrub scrub! once or three times a week.
  • If my skin feels dry on some days, I use a papaya oil, carrot oil or mostly any oil i have around to moisturize. ( I tend to have some sort of oil around). Mostly my hands and feet though.

So far, it's been working.

The thing I am looking into at the moment are supplements. I have never really tried them and I also know that my skin is very sensitive to Vitamin C. So, i'm trying to find glutathione supplements that I can start with. Still doing some research till i'm ready though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I agree with her. I have noticed that whenever I use lotions or creams or mixing oils in my creams and lotions, my skin just looks dull and uneven. I have also stopped using any lotion at all, to be honest. I have been consistent with soaps and scrubs. My skin has never looked brighter and more even. I decided to give up on lotions or creams completely.

My routine at the moment is:
  • Bathe with a whitening or brightening soap. I found that soaps made in the Philipines work for my skin and give me the pale white with a pink hue that I love.
  • I use a cleanser/toner for my face especially around my monthlies to help with breakouts.
  • Scrub scrub scrub! once or three times a week.
  • If my skin feels dry on some days, I use a papaya oil, carrot oil or mostly any oil i have around to moisturize. ( I tend to have some sort of oil around). Mostly my hands and feet though.

So far, it's been working.

The thing I am looking into at the moment are supplements. I have never really tried them and I also know that my skin is very sensitive to Vitamin C. So, i'm trying to find glutathione supplements that I can start with. Still doing some research till i'm ready though.
Invest in supplements. You won’t regret it. And u don’t have to overwhelm yourself by using so many( common mistake by beginners)
If you find gluta expensive , you can take low gluta doses With MSM . It will boost gluta levels.Vitamin C is a must. These 3 are enough. Drink lots of water to reduce the side effects of MSM in the first week( headaches )
Overall , whatever you do in regards to skincare, less is always more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Invest in supplements. You won’t regret it. And u don’t have to overwhelm yourself by using so many( common mistake by beginners)
If you find gluta expensive , you can take low gluta doses With MSM . It will boost gluta levels.Vitamin C is a must. These 3 are enough. Drink lots of water to reduce the side effects of MSM in the first week( headaches )
Overall , whatever you do in regards to skincare, less is always more.
Noted!!

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts

I use Rejuva skin products on my face. They are a mix of natural lighteners/ brighteners. Cookie skin does a new customized range also natural lighteners. Arbutin licorice, niacinimide. I bought a batch but they are in my fridge. Using Fabslimtox products for my body. Also natural brighteners but more importantly it has healed and helped fade my dark discolorations.

·
Registered
778 Posts
What is in it?
I honestly don’t know
But what i have heard is, it’s really effective at lightening and i hear it also peels the skin and it’s non-drying.
But it thins the skin if one doesn’t properly moisturize/skinBuild afterwards.
I am thinking of buying it for my “akpuruka” back that’s refused to budge in this life.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I honestly don’t know
But what i have heard is, it’s really effective at lightening and i hear it also peels the skin and it’s non-drying.
But it thins the skin if one doesn’t properly moisturize/skinBuild afterwards.
I am thinking of buying it for my “akpuruka” back that’s refused to budge in this life.
I have used it!
It is highly effective!
It's not as drying as some other whitening soaps that I have used but it thins out the skin madly. Like green veins kind of thinning. You will have or see green veins with this soap.
But yes, it is effective.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@chiny @Arewaa @gymrat @TheSkinImin
Apologies for the tagging, I just wanted to grab your attention.

Am i the only one who gets darker with anything that contains hydroquinone??? Please help, I need to stop feeling crazy. Whenever i use anything, like anything, soap, serum, oil, and mostly lotions that contain hydroquinone, I just get darker from the next day after use. I not only get darker if i continue use, I start to have an orange-ish tint which i haaaaatttteeeeee....
I noticed this, so I tend to drift towards Kojic acids and I absolutely love anything Glutathione and Alpha arbutin. The issue now is finding effective products that have either or both.

Kindly help with suggestions! thanks!

·
Registered
778 Posts

Am i the only one who gets darker with anything that contains hydroquinone??? Please help, I need to stop feeling crazy. Whenever i use anything, like anything, soap, serum, oil, and mostly lotions that contain hydroquinone, I just get darker from the next day after use. I not only get darker if i continue use, I start to have an orange-ish tint which i haaaaatttteeeeee....
I noticed this, so I tend to drift towards Kojic acids and I absolutely love anything Glutathione and Alpha arbutin. The issue now is finding effective products that have either or both.

You are definitely not crazy babe
Cos I’ve experienced the exact same thing when i dabbled into hydroquinone products… the color it gave my skin was unattractive af.
Are you specifically talking about BODY LOTIONS that hve glutathione and/or alpha arbutin as it’s major ingredient?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have used it!
It is highly effective!
It's not as drying as some other whitening soaps that I have used but it thins out the skin madly. Like green veins kind of thinning. You will have or see green veins with this soap.
But yes, it is effective.
Omo! I don comot my hand biko.
Don’t want stories that touch after.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I use Rejuva skin products on my face. They are a mix of natural lighteners/ brighteners. Cookie skin does a new customized range also natural lighteners. Arbutin licorice, niacinimide. I bought a batch but they are in my fridge. Using Fabslimtox products for my body. Also natural brighteners but more importantly it has healed and helped fade my dark discolorations.
This Rejuva and cookie skin products are expensive shaa. But i know they are worth it.
So you are concentrated more on keeping your skin brightened up instead of lightening abi?
Which of the fabslimtox body products do you use pls?
Also what/how do you exfoliate? @lasa

·
Registered
47 Posts
You are definitely not crazy babe
Cos I’ve experienced the exact same thing when i dabbled into hydroquinone products… the color it gave my skin was unattractive af.
Are you specifically talking about BODY LOTIONS that hve glutathione and/or alpha arbutin as it’s major ingredient?
Yes.. Body lotions and/or shower gels.. I want to try some shower gels too.

·
Administrator
33,979 Posts

@Beade were you using just HQ nothing else with it? I personally use a HQ mix that contains KA & RA that is prescribed to me. I stop using it during the summer months because of the sun. My skin does well with it. If you find your skin works better with KA Gluta and AA then stick to what works for you. No sense trying something that doesn't suit your needs.

·
Registered
326 Posts

You’re not crazy. When I was younger and started my skin lightning game I used skin light and it made me several shades darker. I was facing the same issue; anything that had that ingredient made me darker. That’s why my regimen now doesn’t have hydroquinone in it, it just has arbutin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@Beade were you using just HQ nothing else with it? I personally use a HQ mix that contains KA & RA that is prescribed to me. I stop using it during the summer months because of the sun. My skin does well with it. If you find your skin works better with KA Gluta and AA then stick to what works for you. No sense trying something that doesn't suit your needs.
I use mostly HQ and KA in products. I even tried HQ with Gluta one time but not matter the mix, the HQ in it never works. It's so bad that i'd see effects from using only KA than KA + HQ.
Thanks though. At least I can make sense of it now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You’re not crazy. When I was younger and started my skin lightning game I used skin light and it made me several shades darker. I was facing the same issue; anything that had that ingredient made me darker. That’s why my regimen now doesn’t have hydroquinone in it, it just has arbutin.
oh wow.. I get you on this one. Thank you!!

·
Registered
164 Posts

Girl, Are you me???? because this is exactly what happens to me. I can't explain it.
A few years ago I used a lotion with HQ, arbutin etc, HQ being the main lightener, but I got darker and darker. i stopped, and as soon as I went back to KA lotion, I got lighter.

Right now, I decided to try fair and white lotion, because I love fair and white so white soap, but I am getting darker. I have no choice but to ditch it and it hurts me so much because I got the exclusive lotion and serum, that is money down the drain, in this economy 😢

41 - 60 of 89 Posts