Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

Registered
Girl, Are you me???? because this is exactly what happens to me. I can't explain it.
A few years ago I used a lotion with HQ, arbutin etc, HQ being the main lightener, but I got darker and darker. i stopped, and as soon as I went back to KA lotion, I got lighter.

Right now, I decided to try fair and white lotion, because I love fair and white so white soap, but I am getting darker. I have no choice but to ditch it and it hurts me so much because I got the exclusive lotion and serum, that is money down the drain, in this economy 馃槩
I am so happy I am not the only one saying this really. I feel you on the money part because I wasted a lot of money on products that contained HQ thinking each time that my skin was not just working with them.

Oh dear!! Sorry about that but almost all Fair & White products contain HQ. I'm tempted to say all because I am yet to find any of their products that don't have HQ in them. I avoid all their products.

Registered
This Rejuva and cookie skin products are expensive shaa. But i know they are worth it.
So you are concentrated more on keeping your skin brightened up instead of lightening abi?
Which of the fabslimtox body products do you use pls?
Also what/how do you exfoliate? @lasa
Hi hon. I use the revive milk with the bleacher repair oil. I alternate with the triple skin oil and revive milk.
They are expensive but I had a lot of damage from years of bleaching. There is nothing I didn鈥檛 rub. Tell me the mixologist and chances are Iv tried their products. That鈥檚 why when I say it is not sustainable long term I know what I鈥檓 talking about.
Yes my focus is on brightening as much as I can instead of bleaching. Also on healing and thickening the skin. My skin has really thinned out.
I saw a dermatologist in New York and she advised me to stop bleaching while I am still young enough for my skin to heal. By the time you get to your late 40s/50s it鈥檚 much harder to heal the skin.
Go to Balogun market and have a look. 馃ぃ馃ぃ
I exfoliate with Fabslimtox glow soap and scrub. But I鈥檓 looking for a good chemical exfoliant. Bought a product by ISIS pharma called Secalia AHA. It is glycolic acid based. Body exfoliant. A friend used it and she looks really even and gooey. I haven鈥檛 started using it though. Will start once I use up my current Fabslimtox batch and dm you feedback

Registered
I am so happy I am not the only one saying this really. I feel you on the money part because I wasted a lot of money on products that contained HQ thinking each time that my skin was not just working with them.

Oh dear!! Sorry about that but almost all Fair & White products contain HQ. I'm tempted to say all because I am yet to find any of their products that don't have HQ in them. I avoid all their products.
Yes most Fair and white sent/sold in Nigeria are hq based. But their soaps like the so white soap, AHA soap does not contain HQ.

They also carry a AHA lotion that is hard to find now. I used it back in the day and it was awesome, now I just make my AHA lotion.

Registered
I really wish people would be patient and listen because mixologist creams are trash.
We have discussed this at length on this forum many times over the years since I joined this forum and that they use the most disgusting, toxic chemicals in their products but people don't listen. They want quick results.
Remember, you only have one skin. You cannot buy skin.
The formula is quite simple:
Exfoliate.
Patience
Use natural lighteners like KA, AA, Arbutin etc.
Patience
Moisturize/skin build.
Patience
Sun avoidance and protection.
Patience.

And I have to add, the above routine/method can make you up to 3 shades lighter at best, and it happens gradually.
Drastic results are not sustainable.
Dramatic result is not sustainable.

Registered
Yes most Fair and white sent/sold in Nigeria are hq based. But their soaps like the so white soap, AHA soap does not contain HQ.

They also carry a AHA lotion that is hard to find now. I used it back in the day and it was awesome, now I just make my AHA lotion.
The F&W gold 1 lotion is apparently an AHA lotion. Glycolic based though.
Like you stated, that yellow container one is almost impossible to find now. @havis

Registered
Hi hon. I use the revive milk with the bleacher repair oil. I alternate with the triple skin oil and revive milk.
They are expensive but I had a lot of damage from years of bleaching. There is nothing I didn鈥檛 rub. Tell me the mixologist and chances are Iv tried their products. That鈥檚 why when I say it is not sustainable long term I know what I鈥檓 talking about.
Yes my focus is on brightening as much as I can instead of bleaching. Also on healing and thickening the skin. My skin has really thinned out.
I saw a dermatologist in New York and she advised me to stop bleaching while I am still young enough for my skin to heal. By the time you get to your late 40s/50s it鈥檚 much harder to heal the skin.
Go to Balogun market and have a look. 馃ぃ馃ぃ
I exfoliate with Fabslimtox glow soap and scrub. But I鈥檓 looking for a good chemical exfoliant. Bought a product by ISIS pharma called Secalia AHA. It is glycolic acid based. Body exfoliant. A friend used it and she looks really even and gooey. I haven鈥檛 started using it though. Will start once I use up my current Fabslimtox batch and dm you feedback
Good thing you鈥檝e found something that鈥檚 working for you.
Chemical exfoliants are the truth! Those balogun women ehenn, plus do don鈥檛 use sunscreen. God epp them.
I鈥檒l be looking forward to the feedback. Well done babe(y). So she sells 500ml revive milk 48,600naira? Omo! @lasa

Registered
I can鈥檛 even buttress all of your points enough. Dramatic skin lightening can never be Sustained!!! And that鈥檚 that.
I am grateful I caught this quick enough.
-Exfoliate with soap and scrubs and do not over do it
  • supplements for that overall flawless look.dont overdo that too. The good thing is most skin lightening supplements also have overall health benefits
  • sunscreen is a must( face neck, ears , back of hands etc)
You will eventually get there ladies.

Registered
The F&W gold 1 lotion is apparently an AHA lotion. Glycolic based though.
Like you stated, that yellow container one is almost impossible to find now. @havis
Yes. This one right? it is my top 3 lotion of all time.
Liquid Bottle Bottle cap Fluid Solvent

The F&W gold 1 lotion worked the first time I used it, when the gold range came out then, at least in its early years. I believe they have changed the formula because the lotion does nothing to my skin but stinks seriously.

Registered
Good thing you鈥檝e found something that鈥檚 working for you.
Chemical exfoliants are the truth! Those balogun women ehenn, plus do don鈥檛 use sunscreen. God epp them.
I鈥檒l be looking forward to the feedback. Well done babe(y). So she sells 500ml revive milk 48,600naira? Omo! @lasa
I really wanted to get the fabslimtox products but they are expensive. what I do for skin firming and (re)building is I get a retinol lotion and add very good glycerin to it.

Registered
I can鈥檛 even buttress all of your points enough. Dramatic skin lightening can never be Sustained!!! And that鈥檚 that.
I am grateful I caught this quick enough.
-Exfoliate with soap and scrubs and do not over do it
  • supplements for that overall flawless look.dont overdo that too. The good thing is most skin lightening supplements also have overall health benefits
  • sunscreen is a must( face neck, ears , back of hands etc)
You will eventually get there ladies.
What supplements would u recommend that gives that overall flawless look?
@kweeny

Registered
Yes. This one right? it is my top 3 lotion of all time.
View attachment 67616

The F&W gold 1 lotion worked the first time I used it, when the gold range came out then, at least in its early years. I believe they have changed the formula because the lotion does nothing to my skin but stinks seriously.
I just checked konga and jumia nownow and i see that F&W lait aha-2 lotion is surprisingly in stock.
Abi i should order it鈥 @havis

Registered
I really wanted to get the fabslimtox products but they are expensive. what I do for skin firming and (re)building is I get a retinol lotion and add very good glycerin to it.
Nne ehenn the price no be hear.
Pls what retinol lotion AND good glycerin do you use? Do you also use other stuff for skin firming and re-building? @havis

Registered
Not only are they expensive it takes a while to see results. So she asks you to use consistently for at least 4-6 months. Took me around 6 months.

Registered
Not only are they expensive it takes a while to see results. So she asks you to use consistently for at least 4-6 months. Took me around 6 months.
not knocking her hustle and I haven't used her products but if anyone can be patient and consistent for 6 months before they see results, might as well use Jergens shea butter and be patient, probably get the same results.

Registered
not knocking her hustle and I haven't used her products but if anyone can be patient and consistent for 6 months before they see results, might as well use Jergens shea butter and be patient, probably get the same results.
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ You might be correct. But my feet had been dark for years and cleared up. Now is it possible they would have cleared up on their own after I stopped the creams? Maybe. Her products have a strong vitamin c base and natural ingredients. So I brightened up. But again I also was taking glutathione infusions 3 times a week.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts