Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many know I am about to embark on a peel-a-palooza (aka a peeling frenzy!). I have discovered in talking to a few friends who work in plastic surgery and dermatology that Jessner-TCA hybrids are the preferred mode of peeling the delicate skin under eyes, neck and decollettage areas. I am wondering if anyone has attempted to do these combo peels at home?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I did, Lexi, but only on my legs. It worked wonderfully there. I am going to do it again in a few weeks. I had this horrible, crepey, onion skin on my legs, hands and arms. I tried a couple of things, Retin-A, Vitamin C, etc. Didn't make a difference. So I got the Jessner's and TCA. Did the Jessner's first by itself. Nothing. So I did the Jessner's layer, then a layer with TCA. Kinda got a little flaky. But then I did the Jessner's and two layers of TCA 30% and it worked! It itches like crazy for a few days but when it peeled, the skin underneath is beautiful! Good luck on the face. I'm so chicken when it comes to peeling my face!!

ETA: It took two weeks from the time I put it on to actually peel. It got dry and crinkly but wouldn't peel. So I started putting Retin-A on it and w/in three days of Retin-A every night before I went to bed, it started peeling.

·
Registered
872 Posts
hey fancy, trying to get instructions for the combo, just found this threaD!!

how did it work out??

thanks, jo

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
magpie just do a search in the anti ageing board lots of us recently did the combo peels. Sandia, me, QTPIE, Sammilyn, Iamme,MaggielovesNola, LauraB too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts