Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and certain areas of my face went white. Is that frosting? It stings and is kind of unbearable but nothing awful. I can not imagine what a higher percent feels like.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was writing my previous post while I had the peel on. So, some areas went really white and looked a little puffy. I neutralized and washed with the green tea soap and most of the white areas are no longer white and I loaded my face with Neosporin. Before the Neosporin my face felt very, VERY dry and my fine lines seem intensified. I hope this works.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
and certain areas of my face went white. Is that frosting? It stings and is kind of unbearable but nothing awful. I can not imagine what a higher percent feels like.
yes that is frosting-

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
chunch aren't you the one that was asking about doing a 25% peel? Or was that someone else?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was me and I was thinking of going right for the hard stuff, until I did the 12.5 and now I think I will take it slow.

How long before I can do my next peel? When can I go back to my normal routine?

Thanks

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
That was me and I was thinking of going right for the hard stuff, until I did the 12.5 and now I think I will take it slow.

How long before I can do my next peel? When can I go back to my normal routine?

Thanks
LOL, I thought that was you-
25% can you imagine?
I have done 12.5 and 15% at home and have had 18% professionally done.

I would wait at least 6 weeks or more. You just really want the new skin to get acclimated to life, so to speak. You wouldn't want to do a peel on fresh new skin. I would be afraid of scarring.

For quicker peel time, try not to moisturize. Only moisturize around your mouth if you can. This will speed up the peel process.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! NO! I could not imagine the 25%. What was the 18% like? Painful?

I remember an episode of Sex and The City were Samantha got a serious peel and she looked like she was burned in a fire. I wonder what % that is.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Oh ya with the 18% I definately looked like a burn victim!!! And yes, it hurt like I can't even explain. My eyes watering, my fist were tight, all while I layed there in pain-
but the results were SO worth it!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Gosh I have been doing my own peels for a couple years now. Also had a ps do them many years ago (TCA). The strongest I have done is 18% and that is very light after the holidays. (I need to hold fan right in front of my face for a few minutes)
My chin and forehead frost like crazy! I love the texture and look of my skin post peel after a couple of weeks.

I also tend to feel a bit claustrophobic when the skin hardens around my mouth! It passes, but it is strange.

Good luck chunch. (Maybe SATC's Samantha had a phenol? Had that one on upper lip and vowed never ever to do that one again!)

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
How's it going Chunch? See we are all different. 12.5% was like a slight sunburn to me, hardly peeled no frosting. I had to go to 18%. Bet you are glad you started low

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it stung a little bit, I only frosted in certain areas and I got what looked like a slight sunburn. Nothing I can't handle, when I was younger I use to bake at the beach till I got so red it looked purple and that hurt. When ever I went out people looked at me in horror. I look purple. Not good!

Now my skin feels really dry, like I am going to peel soon. I have some weird brown spot areas that are making me nervous. I hope I did not damage my skin.

Other than that all seems good. I want to do two layers next time, and I am already thing about the 15% peel. Can you go to work when doing a 15% peel?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I did a 25% peel and it wasn't as bad as layering the 12.5%! I only had to do 2 layers to reaaaaaaaaaaaaally frost and the second layer stayed on less than a minute. It was much less "painful" than the 12.5% (or a spot peel I did with some 15%) but the recovery time was longer than with the 12.5%. I started Retin A about 2 weeks after my last peel- the 25% one, and I am re-peeling along the nl folds. I am only putting the RA on areas of my face that are not even close to looking like they are flaking. The "down time" with the 25% was definitely longer, but worth it.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
your brown areas are normal. Every brown spot on my face the peel touched got much darker like that. You can go to work, but you may look a little funny
if you have brown areas with the 12% imagine 15! Even more so. Depends on you really.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You are all very brave doing these TCA peels. Reading your posts and the pain you are going through just gives me the shivers!! I guess I am just a weenie,

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
You are all very brave doing these TCA peels. Reading your posts and the pain you are going through just gives me the shivers!! I guess I am just a weenie,
Oh Emily keep reading about our pain, and you will join us one of these days-

Just remember the end result makes it all worth it-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Okay the worst part of the 25% was the tightness and waiting to peel.
My face felt like it was almost "bruised" or something for about an hour after I applied the solution, but that went away. The tightness was way worse than with the 12.5%. Then there was the itching. Oh, ack! But yes, it is very worth it!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Okay the worst part of the 25% was the tightness and waiting to peel.
My face felt like it was almost "bruised" or something for about an hour after I applied the solution, but that went away. The tightness was way worse than with the 12.5%. Then there was the itching. Oh, ack! But yes, it is very worth it!
Oh ya and the itch!!! I always forget about the itch. I think the burn is all I ever seem to remember.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Oh ya and the itch!!! I always forget about the itch. I think the burn is all I ever seem to remember.
I swear, with the 25% I had to leave it on for so much less time than the 12.5% layered 4 times, the burning and stinging wasn't so bad. But it was the "after" effects that drove me nutty! I was so glad when it peeled. I did re-peel in certain areas too. I also had that effect with the 12.5%.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts